Thread: 'Ey y'all, it's red friday!

Default 'Ey y'all, it's red friday!

How long has it been since Friday was exciting for more than just the possibility of getting ham-boned on cheap beer and making out with a boob-tattoed waitress from Chilis?

(What? You never what? Well, excuse me, Mr. Fancy Pants.)

Redneckery aside, I'm so excited that the Chiefs are on the rise, and everyone knows it. Even the people not picking us for the playoffs yet have to admit the strides this team has taken. I love winning, because it cannot be refuted, argued with, or disproven. Winners win. That's what they do.

Like being a writer. You can talk talk talk, but until you put pen to page, you're not a writer. Until you put that notch in the win column, it means nothing.

The Indianapolis Colts fanbase has already had to rationalize away TWO losses. KC hasn't had to do that. We haven't had to go looking for excuses or figure out what went wrong. That's a pretty outstanding feeling, and man oh man I hope we carry it.

If we don't win in Indy, my brain tells me that it's okay. The Patriots, the Steelers, the Ravens - none of these teams are expected to go into Indy and beat the Colts. Neither are we.

Great, fine, whatever.

LET'S GO WIN. That's all bullcrap. We don't need to accept any reason for a loss. Win. Win now. Win forever. That's what I want from the team, and that's (I expect) what Haley is telling this team. 3 wins means nothing if it comes with 13 losses. Keep winning.

Let's go get em.

Great post, happy red Friday. I am so sick of the Manning brothers and I want nothing more than to see Peyton whining and crying on the sideline like he does in the few times things do not go his way.
    Let's whoop them Colts!

Nicely said. Even if the Chiefs lose, I still think that Colts are heading down hill.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Chiefs Win!

I think that the Chiefs are going to shock a lot of people this Sunday. I am sick of all the people who say that the Chiefs are going to get blown out and the Colts are just going to beat them easy. The Colts are not the team they use to be. There Superbowl window with Peyton is closeing if its not already closed. They will be rebuilding sooner then a lot of people think.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    How long has it been since Friday was exciting for more than just the possibility of getting ham-boned on cheap beer and making out with a boob-tattoed waitress from Chilis?

(What? You never what? Well, excuse me, Mr. Fancy Pants.)

Redneckery aside, I'm so excited that the Chiefs are on the rise, and everyone knows it. Even the people not picking us for the playoffs yet have to admit the strides this team has taken. I love winning, because it cannot be refuted, argued with, or disproven. Winners win. That's what they do.

Like being a writer. You can talk talk talk, but until you put pen to page, you're not a writer. Until you put that notch in the win column, it means nothing.

The Indianapolis Colts fanbase has already had to rationalize away TWO losses. KC hasn't had to do that. We haven't had to go looking for excuses or figure out what went wrong. That's a pretty outstanding feeling, and man oh man I hope we carry it.

If we don't win in Indy, my brain tells me that it's okay. The Patriots, the Steelers, the Ravens - none of these teams are expected to go into Indy and beat the Colts. Neither are we.

Great, fine, whatever.

LET'S GO WIN. That's all bullcrap. We don't need to accept any reason for a loss. Win. Win now. Win forever. That's what I want from the team, and that's (I expect) what Haley is telling this team. 3 wins means nothing if it comes with 13 losses. Keep winning.

Let's go get em.
    REP!!!

PS: I'm a 'practicing to be someday writer', for lack of better definition, hahaha. I learn from reading your posts. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I think it's a slap in the face that the Colts are favored by 8.5. Every damn sports analyst laughs at the thought of the Chiefs beating the Colts. I think differently of the ones that are laughing. Chiefs are 3-0 when all the teams they said were the best in there division are now 2-2. They want the Colts to win to make their preseason predictions look like they knew what they were talking about, when they don't. They talk like they know everything because they use to play. That doesn't mean s#*t. Look who's laughing now! GO CHIEFS!

Seriously, The Colts are so favored because they have proven their ability to win games sufficiently.

Since 2001, The Colts have not failed to produce a winning season, nor have they missed the playoffs. They are 99-29 over the past eight seasons too. 51-13 at home during that stretch.

I don't even want to try and get the numbers for how many times Payton's Colts have won three games in a row during that time.

While I did pick The Chiefs for this game, I can't hide the fact that this Colts team has a long proven track record of winning, against our three game stretch.

I don't know how anyone could be surprised that The Colts are favored by more than a TD at home.

Any time one picks against Payton Manning at home, they are out on the proverbial limb.
    Last edited by chief31; 10-09-2010 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    I think it's a slap in the face that the Colts are favored by 8.5. Every damn sports analyst laughs at the thought of the Chiefs beating the Colts. I think differently of the ones that are laughing. Chiefs are 3-0 when all the teams they said were the best in there division are now 2-2. They want the Colts to win to make their preseason predictions look like they knew what they were talking about, when they don't. They talk like they know everything because they use to play. That doesn't mean s#*t. Look who's laughing now! GO CHIEFS!
    Keyshawn Johnson has been one of the few football analysts who's been noting to keep an eye on the Chiefs from day 1 this year.

If we continue to win his football acumen is going to rise in the analysts camp.