Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Get on the Bandwagon now before it fills up

Default Get on the Bandwagon now before it fills up

I love how people that I have had this conversation with "What are you doing this weekend?" they ask. "I'm going (insert whatever I did that weekend) and then watch the Chiefs game." I say. "The Chiefs!!?? They suck!" Now these same haters are putting things on their facebook saying "Woohoo Chiefs only undefeated team in the NFL. GO CHIEFS!!"
    So to all the haters you better get on now because the seats are filling up. Are we gonna be beat Indy? I'm not sure but we got a great chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    BAH! Getting on the bandwagon would imply that at some point you got OFF the bandwagon.

I am not getting on this bandwagon, I am on the original bandwagon and have my seat comfortably secure behind the steering wheel! THat's right, I am steering this wagon, and it is outfitted to the hilt.

Yes, this wagon has had to navigate some rough roads, but the people who got on this wagon so long ago were not lost when we hit those bumps, we were not bruised or injured and we surely never got off to avoid those challenges.

So the rest of you can jump on and off the bandwagons as they come and go, this guy is going to stay firmly behind the wheel of this wagon and continue to steer it where ever the fate with this team will take us.

There are some empty seats on my wagon, but beware, if you get off, there is no circling back to pick you up!
    Your Driving????, I thought Chiefster was!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Your Driving????, I thought Chiefster was!
    Are you kidding? I can't go around the block without my Garmin Nuvi.

I navigate!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    BAH! Getting on the bandwagon would imply that at some point you got OFF the bandwagon.

I am not getting on this bandwagon, I am on the original bandwagon and have my seat comfortably secure behind the steering wheel! THat's right, I am steering this wagon, and it is outfitted to the hilt.

Yes, this wagon has had to navigate some rough roads, but the people who got on this wagon so long ago were not lost when we hit those bumps, we were not bruised or injured and we surely never got off to avoid those challenges.

So the rest of you can jump on and off the bandwagons as they come and go, this guy is going to stay firmly behind the wheel of this wagon and continue to steer it where ever the fate with this team will take us.

There are some empty seats on my wagon, but beware, if you get off, there is no circling back to pick you up!
    SWEET!! REP!!

Well, You, Stricken, Canada, Chiefster, & Dave all have their permanent placement on the wagon called...so I'm calling my place too! I've decided I'm not gonna be on the wagon, haha. I'm gonna be riding Warpaint scouting ahead of y'all, keeping my eye and tomahawk sharp...just in case there are any ambush attempts ahead of y'all!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, I am a bandwagon fan from the early '90s. And I have stayedas I will continue to stay with The Chiefs.

People who are looking for a team to love may, or may not, remain with the team they start out liking. But I welcome them either way.
    You and I aren't on the same page with definition of a "bandwagon fan", lol. Had you been my definition of a bandwagon fan, you wouldn't have stayed, rather jumped off after 2005 especially, hahaha.

You've stayed with the team you started out liking, win or lose, that's a loyal fan in my book of fan definition, haha. :)

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Just to clarify...bandwagon fans irritate me, but I don't despise them, hahaha. I do my best to instill the principle of loyalty within them...sometimes I succeed, others I fail, haha.

Heck, I was married to a bandwagon fan once upon a time for a long time. ~Sigh~...no matter my efforts he couldn't 'get' my remaining loyal and optimistic when my Chiefs lost. He would bash them and jump off the wagon, favor a trendy team such as the Colts. ~shivers at thought~

In hindsight, his being a bandwagon fan should've been another clue he'd jump off the wagon of life when it became a bit of bumpy ride for him. I held out my hand and tried to pull him back on several times, but he didn't have the strength to help, & I plum tuckered out trying to pull him back on all by myself. Well, then he tried to jump back on a few times when the ground became a rougher walk than the wagon ride, but I wasn't on the wagon. I earned my eagle battle feathers, became a brave squaw riding Warpaint solo in to the unknown frontier ahead. My eye's now wide open scouting future ambushes!! YEEHAW!!

~Thank God literally, for my sense of humor...sometimes, it's a saving grace!~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    SWEET!! REP!!

Well, You, Stricken, Canada, Chiefster, & Dave all have their permanent placement on the wagon called...so I'm calling my place too! I've decided I'm not gonna be on the wagon, haha. I'm gonna be riding Warpaint scouting ahead of y'all, keeping my eye and tomahawk sharp...just in case there are any ambush attempts ahead of y'all!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYdjvfc6U7A"]YouTube - War paint returns[/ame]

I love Warpaint!! I do! This isn't a horse or memory subject thread I know, but the video triggered memories, sorry! haha

Ever since I was a little girl I dreamed of owning a Paint. I lived with grandma in Oregon from ages 1 1/2 to 6. Back then there was a weekly Western TV show with Rory Calhoun, "The Texan"...he rode a beautiful black & white Paint! That's when fell in love with Paints. Grandma had a small log cabin in the mountains we'd spend weekends at. Wild Mustangs were common there, including Paints...I'd plead relentlessly from others for help to catch me one. Sometimes I'd sneak to get close to one while grazing, when no one was watching, cause I was told they were mean & to stay away from them, hahaha.

In grade school I fell in love with Joe Cartwright's black & white Paint in Bonanza, also Tonto's brown & white in the Lone Ranger, like our Chiefs Warpaint. I never did fulfill my dream of owning one, but I did have a Buckskin like Matt Dillon's for a few years, haha! I couldn't find a Paint when I bought my Buckskin, he was 2nd choice, but a good horse. He'd kneel so I could get on & off easier, he was such a gentleman, haha.

In late Spring 1984...I had a guy come shoe my Buckskin. My 'x' husband went with me to the pasture to meet the guy. A storm began to roll in & 'Buck' was nervous in storms. I told my 'x' he should back away from Buck's hip area, but he kept talking to the guy while he was trying to finish Buck's front hoof before the storm hit. Lightning struck not far away & startled Buck, he tried to break free of the fence he was tied to. A rear hoof came up & smacked my 'x' in the forehead knocking him to the ground!! He was bruised & had a big knot with a cut for a few days, but okay. It's funny now, but wasn't then...he was MAD! Well, that ended my having a horse...it was the horse or the husband. It was the right decision then. :(

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234