Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Get on the Bandwagon now before it fills up

Default Get on the Bandwagon now before it fills up

I love how people that I have had this conversation with "What are you doing this weekend?" they ask. "I'm going (insert whatever I did that weekend) and then watch the Chiefs game." I say. "The Chiefs!!?? They suck!" Now these same haters are putting things on their facebook saying "Woohoo Chiefs only undefeated team in the NFL. GO CHIEFS!!"
    So to all the haters you better get on now because the seats are filling up. Are we gonna be beat Indy? I'm not sure but we got a great chance.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I am happy to welcome bandwagon fans. The more support this team gets, the more press they get, the more money the team makes.

Always nice to gain fans that may well remain fans for the rest of their lives.

Come on in! There's always plenty of room!

Many won't remain fans...that's what bandwagon fan personalities do...jump off the wagon unless the team stays on top.

Most bandwagon fans I'm familiar with are of generations younger, and/or generations of a society of which loses more patience and concept of loyalty in every aspect with each new generation. In the modern day NFL few teams will stay on top for long, heck, few players spend their careers with one team, many not even more than a couple of seasons. The only thing I can be sure of these days is...winning teams will change often from season to season, players on teams will change most every season, and bandwagon fan personalities will not remain loyal beyond a losing season or two.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I was born a Chiefs fan and raised by Chiefs fans. I have known no other team and I don't plan to. The way I look at it is like this... God wanted me to bleed red so he made it so.. God designed me to be a Chiefs fan!

My seat is pretty far back on the wagon since I've only been around since 1991 but my seat is there and I'm staying on it.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    I was born a Chiefs fan and raised by Chiefs fans. I have known no other team and I don't plan to. The way I look at it is like this... God wanted me to bleed red so he made it so.. God designed me to be a Chiefs fan!

My seat is pretty far back on the wagon since I've only been around since 1991 but my seat is there and I'm staying on it.
    For the record...you, Aussie, Cody, the other Chiefs Crowd younger generation...are exceptions to the rule, and give me hope that when we older generation fans are up above rooting for our Chiefs...y'all will do us proud down here.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I will always be with the Chiefs. I have gotten out of the bandwagon and help push during the rough times and help extend it when others want to join. Shoot, I will help pull it if it gets too heavy. Chiefs all the way!!!
    Last edited by mejohnm; 10-06-2010 at 03:31 AM.

Im sitting beside StriKCen!! Called it!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Im sitting beside StriKCen!! Called it!!
    Nope I'm sitting between you two.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Many won't remain fans...that's what bandwagon fan personalities do...jump off the wagon unless the team stays on top.

Most bandwagon fans I'm familiar with are of generations younger, and/or generations of a society of which loses more patience and concept of loyalty in every aspect with each new generation. In the modern day NFL few teams will stay on top for long, heck, few players spend their careers with one team, many not even more than a couple of seasons. The only thing I can be sure of these days is...winning teams will change often from season to season, players on teams will change most every season, and bandwagon fan personalities will not remain loyal beyond a losing season or two.
    Well, I am a bandwagon fan from the early '90s. And I have stayedas I will continue to stay with The Chiefs.

People who are looking for a team to love may, or may not, remain with the team they start out liking. But I welcome them either way.

BAH! Getting on the bandwagon would imply that at some point you got OFF the bandwagon.

I am not getting on this bandwagon, I am on the original bandwagon and have my seat comfortably secure behind the steering wheel! THat's right, I am steering this wagon, and it is outfitted to the hilt.

Yes, this wagon has had to navigate some rough roads, but the people who got on this wagon so long ago were not lost when we hit those bumps, we were not bruised or injured and we surely never got off to avoid those challenges.

So the rest of you can jump on and off the bandwagons as they come and go, this guy is going to stay firmly behind the wheel of this wagon and continue to steer it where ever the fate with this team will take us.

There are some empty seats on my wagon, but beware, if you get off, there is no circling back to pick you up!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I've been strapped to the luggage rack on the roof since 1988 and the only way I'm getting off is for the wagon to catch fire and kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    BAH! Getting on the bandwagon would imply that at some point you got OFF the bandwagon.

I am not getting on this bandwagon, I am on the original bandwagon and have my seat comfortably secure behind the steering wheel! THat's right, I am steering this wagon, and it is outfitted to the hilt.

Yes, this wagon has had to navigate some rough roads, but the people who got on this wagon so long ago were not lost when we hit those bumps, we were not bruised or injured and we surely never got off to avoid those challenges.

So the rest of you can jump on and off the bandwagons as they come and go, this guy is going to stay firmly behind the wheel of this wagon and continue to steer it where ever the fate with this team will take us.

There are some empty seats on my wagon, but beware, if you get off, there is no circling back to pick you up!
    I call shotgun then I used to go to the games at old Muni stadium and have never liked another pro team. Well I have a few teams I have liked over the years but none more than the Chiefs. I have lived and died with the Chiefs and no other team they are my team and I love them the others I just like to watch and like to see them win.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast