Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why don't we have a rivalry with the Colts?

Default Why don't we have a rivalry with the Colts?

These A-holes have knocked us out of the playoffs like 3 or 4 times if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    I didn't hate them, because when we lost to the Colts in the playoffs, it was expected. We had a terrible defense that couldn't stop anyone, so when we faced Peyton, we all knew it would come down to who had the ball last.

when they beat us the second time, it was because we ***-backwarded our way into the playoffs, and we all knew we had no business being there.

Granted, I believe we got knocked out by them a third time, and for that I REALLY want to beat them.

We have a rivalry, I think, in that KC fans see beating the Colts as the benchmark for having actually improved as a team. Until we can go in and beat them, we will always carry the residual feelings of inadequacy that come from having imbalanced teams.
    We were also a one seed in one game and the kicker who shall not be named missed 3 field goals and we lost 10-7, that's when it started for me....

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I'd say the Bills belong on that list somewhere because of the match ups we had with them in the 90s. I don't know if I'll ever like the Bills.......
    I agree, not sure why I neglected to include them, especially considering I was just talking Sunday to a friend about my dislike of the Bills due to games of yesteryear. I learned long ago never, but never under-estimate the Bills, regardless of their record/stats. They always seem to play tough against our Chiefs, or we habitually for some reason make it tough on ourselves, whatever...the Bills are definitely a rival in that aspect!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Oh, and another reason I dislike Indy & consider them a rival is...they beat us in September 2000...home opener at Arrowhead. It was the first game without DT (RIP). I attended that game at Arrowhead with my son. I wanted so badly for us to win that game in DT's honorable memory...but we lost. I don't often become so sad at a loss I cry, but I did after losing that game. :(

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123