Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Chief's two stupidest moves in recent years

Default The Chief's two stupidest moves in recent years

Here are my two: Trading Jared Allen and releasing Bernard Pollard. What are yours?

Any Carl Peterson influence on this team after 2000.

The 2009 Draft

Firing Gailey one week before the 2009 regular season (I'm sorry, but this was the DUMBEST EFFIN THING I'VE EVER SEEN A HEAD COACH DO... PERIOD!!)

Although most ostrich Chiefs fans would prefer to stick their heads in the sand and say it was Herm Edwards who ran the team into the ground, the absolute WORST thing that happened to this team were the draft classes and scouting of the early 00's. The Vermeil/Peterson off-seasons were the primary cause of the recent Chiefs atrocities. The Chiefs sold their soul (top draft picks) for vets to try and win a Super Bowl before Lamar passed away and it didn't pay off... thus, we had to pay for it over the last 4 years.

I'm EXTREMELY impressed Pioli/Haley have been able to turn a roster built for a 4-3 into a respectable 3-4 while also turning the offense into something that can compete in just 2 off seasons while throwing away an entire draft class (among other things)... Seriously impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Thanks I appreciate your insight. Your one of the few on this site that looks at things with logic; instead of just thinking everything the Chiefs do is great and should never be questioned. I'm a member of a couple Chiefs forums and this one seems to be filled with the largest amount of rude people.
    Considering your comment above, and for my own benefit of clarification, the following disclaimer is for any one reading, not directed at you alone. :)

I can not speak for others, only myself. Simply because I choose to be positive and optimistic relating to our Chiefs, should not imply to any one that I do not retain logic, common sense, intelligence, nor am unrealistic. I know football, I know my Chiefs past & current...pro's & con's (faults). I know the history & stats of NFL opposing teams we're matched up against each season. I know the odd's against our Chiefs for losing or winning games, for making the playoffs.

I make a conscience deliberate choice to ignore the negative aspects against our Chiefs, not due to lacking intelligence or logic, rather because I have the ability and right to do so. It's a matter of choosing a positive attitude over a negative one, nothing more or less. For most of us, life at times forces us to face many concerns, struggles & battles daily...from serious illness to loss of a loved one, from raising our kids in a society of risk & threats to job security, from marital or relationship problems to financial burdens, and so on. Often in today's chaotic and complicated society we can become overwhelmed with too many negative life aspects at once. When that occurs, as it will do at some point in life for most every one...remaining positive in itself becomes a daily struggle. Choosing to be positive & optimistic about one's favorite NFL team is simple and easy by comparison.

All facts considered above...it is 100% logical and wise to be positive about one's favorite professional football or sports team. The more one has in their life they can easily choose to be positive about, it helps with effort to remain positive related to the genuine priority in life...surviving life itself during the most emotionally difficult times. Such theory is not only logical & wise, but a proven scientific fact.

GO CHIEFS!!! YEEHAW!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

No need for that language if you act rude to other people don't be surprised if they act rude back.
    Im not surprised, I genuinely wanted to say F#ck you.

I think this is a pointless thread because there are alredy countless threads beating the same dead horse. We should not have traded Pollard or Allen. We get it, youaren't adding anything new to the conversation. I just think its sad that things are going as well as they are so you need to make up a thread that points out the Chiefs stupidity. This does not make you a better fan than anyone, just more of a complainer.

Here are my two: Trading Jared Allen and releasing Bernard Pollard. What are yours?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Thanks I appreciate your insight. Your one of the few on this site that looks at things with logic; instead of just thinking everything the Chiefs do is great and should never be questioned. I'm a member of a couple Chiefs forums and this one seems to be filled with the largest amount of rude people.
    Maybe you should leave.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Respectfully, you might want to watch that film breakdown that I posted a few days ago. Berry has already played better than Pollard in only 3 games of his career.

I respect your opinion, but based on what I've seen, Pollard is nowhere near what Berry is and what he is going to be. A few folks out there might say that I know a thing or two.

Sure Berry has played over aggressive twice this year and bit on an underneath route or play action, but Pollard and Page used to do that every single game and they had no where near the run stopping ability that Berry has shown.

McCluster, Moeaki, and Arenas are gettting a lot of pub right now, but Berry will end up being the best selection in this draft and will be one of our defense's finest players next to Tamba and Flowers.
    Sorry, but none of us really know what's going to become of Berry. He could very well become an injury casualty just like 1990 1st round pick Percy Snow and 2000 1st round pick Sylvester Morris and end up delivering Pizza to your doorstep.

Plus, Pollard and Page never got the chance to play under Romeo Crennel and Emmitt Thomas, so who knows what might have been if they had stayed.

Also, other rookie Safeties, Earl Thomas and Nate Allen look to be just as good as Berry, if not better and I doubt that Berry is ever going to be a whole lot better than either of those guys. The point figrostic is making is that it wasn't necessary to spend the #5 overall pick on a Safety and I agree. You can get good Safeties anywhere in the draft as it's the easiest position on Defense to fill. Ed Reed and Troy Polumalu weren't even drafted in the top 15.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 10-09-2010 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Any Carl Peterson influence on this team after 2000.

The 2009 Draft

Firing Gailey one week before the 2009 regular season (I'm sorry, but this was the DUMBEST EFFIN THING I'VE EVER SEEN A HEAD COACH DO... PERIOD!!)

Although most ostrich Chiefs fans would prefer to stick their heads in the sand and say it was Herm Edwards who ran the team into the ground, the absolute WORST thing that happened to this team were the draft classes and scouting of the early 00's. The Vermeil/Peterson off-seasons were the primary cause of the recent Chiefs atrocities. The Chiefs sold their soul (top draft picks) for vets to try and win a Super Bowl before Lamar passed away and it didn't pay off... thus, we had to pay for it over the last 4 years.

I'm EXTREMELY impressed Pioli/Haley have been able to turn a roster built for a 4-3 into a respectable 3-4 while also turning the offense into something that can compete in just 2 off seasons while throwing away an entire draft class (among other things)... Seriously
    impressive.
    I thought I was alone on that I *****ed a lot about that happening and everyone seemed to just tell me it had to be done. I think we might have won a couple more games last year if Gailey would have been around. Weis might be better then Gailey we will find out but at that time we needed the man.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Sorry, but none of us really know what's going to become of Berry. He could very well become an injury casualty just like 1990 1st round pick Percy Snow and 2000 1st round pick Sylvester Morris and end up delivering Pizza to your doorstep.

Plus, Pollard and Page never got the chance to play under Romeo Crennel and Emmitt Thomas, so who knows what might have been if they had stayed.

Also, other rookie Safeties, Earl Thomas and Nate Allen look to be just as good as Berry, if not better and I doubt that Berry is ever going to be a whole lot better than either of those guys. The point figrostic is making is that it wasn't necessary to spend the #5 overall pick on a Safety and I agree. You can get good Safeties anywhere in the draft as it's the easiest position on Defense to fill. Ed Reed and Troy Polumalu weren't even drafted in the top 15.
    All my points seem much more intelligent coming out of your keyboard. Berry might become better then pollard but not a 5th round pick and not to mention Pollard was getting paid about a million a year with bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    1)Im not surprised, I genuinely wanted to say F#ck you.

I think this is a pointless thread because there are alredy countless threads beating the same dead horse. We should not have traded Pollard or Allen. 2) We get it, youaren't adding anything new to the conversation. I just think its sad that things are going as well as they are so you need to make up a thread that points out the Chiefs stupidity. This does not make you a better fan than anyone, just more of a complainer.

1) I love how unprofessional this site is that I can receive a warning in the past for calling someone a dick, but you are the worst of all of us and continually use the F word on this site and no-one blinks an eye because your in their lil redneck click.
    2) What have you added sir? I have read your post as well and I get nothing it's all ra-ra and talking about the tailgates you went to with other members on this site. At least I'm trying to create a discussion. Something I doubt that goes on in your household. The funny thing is and you can clearly check my post history I create a lot of positive threads and they get little to no attention it's not my fault you guys are more interested in these threads maybe because they are different then everything else on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Maybe you should leave.
    Maybe you should watch hockey and leave the real sports to us.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post

The argument that Berry might get hurt one day, is one that you could make for any player at any position in the league. So that doesn't really do much for me.

As far as being able to "get good safeties anywhere and it's the easiest position to fill," I'm not sure where you came up with that either.

Polomalu and Reed and even Earl Thomas were all first rounders, so once again, not quite sure the point.

The number 5 pick is supposed to be used for the best player available. Taking Okung is not reality. Branden Albert was and is the starting LT on this team and they were not going to pay a RT top 5 money.

Respectfully, you don't seem to understand how important the safety position is to our defense and this football team in general.

Safety was the biggest need of the offseason and the weakest link on the team last year. So far it looks like both safety positions have been taken care of for many years to come.

As far as Pollard goes, he's playing for the 32nd ranked defense in pro football.
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 10-09-2010 at 12:38 PM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast