Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Chief's two stupidest moves in recent years

Default The Chief's two stupidest moves in recent years

Here are my two: Trading Jared Allen and releasing Bernard Pollard. What are yours?

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I think I just go more "Stupider" reading the title.

The worst move the Chiefs made is letting Marty get away...hiring Herm Edwards...trading Jared Allen away...and not trying harder to keep Gonzalez..oh and letting T-rich go as well.

But good things have happened from those occurrences so I can't say I regret them too much. We got Flowers and Charles from Jared Allen..and Arenas from the TG trade.

Just remember that what hadn't happen, the future would have been drastically different.
    I don't think that's possible. I'm not a grammar nazi, but even my 5 year old nephew could write a better insult than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Just for the sake of playing along:

1) Keeping CP for too many seasons
    2) Keeping CP for too many seasons

The two above, one in the same, are the birth mother of all other stupidies.

That said, the past is the past, don't understand the point of returning, other than general conversation. We have one of the brightest futures ahead than we've had in a decade, both offensively & defensely. That's all that matter's really.

What's the point of anything? Curiosity. Or should I just make 1000 threads about how great and flawless the chiefs and every member of the staff are, like a bunch of other morons? I feel like my thread has relevance to this forum which is supposed to be dedicated to discussions directed at the Chiefs. You don't hear me *****ing about you whining about your ex husband not letting you get a horse like you did in another one of my threads which had zero to do with the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Go F#CK yourself pus
    No need for that language if you act rude to other people don't be surprised if they act rude back.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    1. Not drafting any O-Lineman in the top 3 rounds except Albert and Asamoah over the last 10 years.

2. Should've traded down from #5 in 2010 draft if they wanted a Safety as they could have got extra picks and still landed Earl Thomas, who is just as good of a Safety as Berry is, if not better.
    Logically and intelligent as always sir, gotta agree.

Don't let anyone rattle you, figcrostic. At least you know I understand where your coming from.

That said, I hope the current Chiefs team does not do something foolish like jerk Barry Richardson out of the starting lineup in favor of O'Callaghan. Richardson has earned the right to keep the starting RT job, while O'Callaghan has yet prove he's anything other than a career backup.

Don't let anyone rattle you, figcrostic. At least you know I understand where your coming from.

That said, I hope the current Chiefs team does not do something foolish like jerk Barry Richardson out of the starting lineup in favor of O'Callaghan. Richardson has earned the right to keep the starting RT job, while O'Callaghan has yet prove he's anything other than a career backup.
    Thanks I appreciate your insight. Your one of the few on this site that looks at things with logic; instead of just thinking everything the Chiefs do is great and should never be questioned. I'm a member of a couple Chiefs forums and this one seems to be filled with the largest amount of rude people.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Thanks I appreciate your insight. Your one of the few on this site that looks at things with logic; instead of just thinking everything the Chiefs do is great and should never be questioned. I'm a member of a couple Chiefs forums and this one seems to be filled with the largest amount of rude people.
    Classic example: 1995 draft and the selection of Trezelle Jenkins in the 1st round. Everybody and their brother and sister knew that was a major reach and 2 years later he was cut in 1997. He never was productive at the college level and they could have got him probably in the 4th or 5th round.

Classic example: 1995 draft and the selection of Trezelle Jenkins in the 1st round. Everybody and their brother and sister knew that was a major reach and 2 years later he was cut in 1997. He never was productive at the college level and they could have got him probably in the 4th or 5th round.
    I feel berry was a reach and honestly I don't think he's going to be much if any better then pollard who was much cheaper. Too me Pollard was a good safety, and obviously the Texans agree. I thought Okung was going to be off the board at 5 and that we were gonna pick Trent Williams and I would have been happy with that. My jaw hit the floor when Okung was on the board and Trent and the Chiefs picked a SS. People think I shouldn't ***** because we have a good team, but one of these games our run will be shut down and Cassel is going to need to make some big throws our line has played better but is he going to be able to have the time he needs to make a 5 step drop and hit a wr 35-40 yards deep.

I feel berry was a reach and honestly I don't think he's going to be much if any better then pollard who was much cheaper. Too me Pollard was a good safety, and obviously the Texans agree. I thought Okung was going to be off the board at 5 and that we were gonna pick Trent Williams and I would have been happy with that. My jaw hit the floor when Okung was on the board and Trent and the Chiefs picked a SS. People think I shouldn't ***** because we have a good team, but one of these games our run will be shut down and Cassel is going to need to make some big throws our line has played better but is he going to be able to have the time he needs to make a 5 step drop and hit a wr 35-40 yards deep.
    Respectfully, you might want to watch that film breakdown that I posted a few days ago. Berry has already played better than Pollard in only 3 games of his career.

I respect your opinion, but based on what I've seen, Pollard is nowhere near what Berry is and what he is going to be. A few folks out there might say that I know a thing or two.

Sure Berry has played over aggressive twice this year and bit on an underneath route or play action, but Pollard and Page used to do that every single game and they had no where near the run stopping ability that Berry has shown.

McCluster, Moeaki, and Arenas are gettting a lot of pub right now, but Berry will end up being the best selection in this draft and will be one of our defense's finest players next to Tamba and Flowers.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

What's the point of anything? Curiosity. Or should I just make 1000 threads about how great and flawless the chiefs and every member of the staff are, like a bunch of other morons? I feel like my thread has relevance to this forum which is supposed to be dedicated to discussions directed at the Chiefs. You don't hear me *****ing about you whining about your ex husband not letting you get a horse like you did in another one of my threads which had zero to do with the Chiefs.
    You took my post out of context. I wasn't complaining or whining about your post/thread. If I had thought your thread had no relevance, nor interest...I wouldn't have replied, nor participated. My comment related to the Chiefs past being the past, was not a negative one directed towards you on a personal insulting level. Rather, a thought typed out loud related to letting myself return in thought to the Chiefs past. I thought to myself, 'the Chiefs future looks bright now', a positive thought by comparison to my remembering CP destroying the Chiefs from within. A negative memory triggered by your question, but that's not your fault, that's mine...for letting my thoughts go back there.

As far as my 'horse' memory in the 'bandwagon' thread...the thread had taken a turn by fellow CC members to one of fun Western nature, including riding shotgun, etc.. That turn led to our Chiefs mascot horse Warpaint, my horse related memories were triggered naturally as a result. It is natural and common for threads to turn as conversations evolve on interactive websites.

To clarify your incorrect comment of accusation...at no point did I whine about my 'x' not allowing me to get a horse, nor did I make any such comment. You may want to re-read please. My 'x' did not prevent me from getting a horse, as I clearly stated I owned a horse for a few years. What I said more or less was, after my horse kicked him in the head he didn't want me to keep the horse. He became intimidated by horses after mine kicked him in the head. He wasn't a person at that time which would forbid me to have a horse, nor force me to get rid of my horse. I sold my horse as a matter of respect for my husband, he being a priority above my horse, as I should have done, and did so respectively.

In final thought, I can understand how easy it is for one to take comments out of context, or misinterpret their intent...on interactive websites. I've witnessed such miscommunication daily among people for almost a decade. Our natural human communication tools/skills are typically limited to reading words. We have no body language to view, no tone of voice to hear, and often are not familiar with the personalities or lives of those we're communicating with online. We have the option of using smilies to help prevent misunderstandings, as well, the use of internet lingo such as LOL. I prefer to use 'hahaha' more often than LOL, to indicate my comment is of happy or positive nature.

I also use smilies as a further communication tool. Please note my use of the KC Chiefs smilie at the end of my reply post to you. Although you may not realize it, it's use was intended to show my reply as positive in nature, not negative. I assure you, if I am being negative towards you, or any one else for justified reason...it will be clear without question.

Just so there is no misunderstanding further...nothing in my comments above are intended to be negative towards you. It is rare for me to dislike or be negative towards any one, nor rude...not my personality. There is not one member of Chiefs Crowd of which I've taken a dislike to, including you. Every member I've interacted with on this website I have found to be of benefit with contributing to the website being fun, interesting, and informative, regardless of some being more pessimistic than me, or others.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast