Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the Albert haters, Okung/Williams fans

Default For the Albert haters, Okung/Williams fans

Just read this from Rotoworld.com:

"Chiefs LT Brandon Albert has yet to be flagged for a penalty or allow a sack in 2010."

Yet we still have people on here that have man love for Okung and Williams, salty that we didn't take either. There are people that still say our O-line is bad, despite playing great the last 8 games last year and giving up 2 sacks in 3 games this year. So I ask you, why is our O-line still so bad and need improved? Our biggest problem last year was safety and I'm very glad we got Berry when we did.

We still will need to find someone to replace Weigmann.

OL played terrible in the preseason, but they improve every week.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I know our OL is under estimated by many, but I would like to see more depth, if and when the opportunity arrives..........

I was delighted to see the Eric Berry pick as well, I too thought our weakest link was the defending the deep ball.

So many fans do not realize the time it takes for the DL and OL to develope and play up to the NFL level. It is great to see Dorsey and Albert playing up this year, also T Jackson has been playing well, but will get much better IMO.

Both Okung and Williams will be good players someday, and would have been nice to have on our team, but only have so many draft picks, I am very pleased with our coaches choices on the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post

"Chiefs LT Brandon Albert has yet to be flagged for a penalty or allow a sack in 2010."

Yet we still have people on here that have man love for Okung and Williams, salty that we didn't take either. There are people that still say our O-line is bad, despite playing great the last 8 games last year and giving up 2 sacks in 3 games this year. So I ask you, why is our O-line still so bad and need improved? Our biggest problem last year was safety and I'm very glad we got Berry when we did.
    I don't think anyone hates on Albert, but he is more fitted to a guard. As farr as not allowing a sack this year that's great, but who has he face that is a great pass rusher? Guess we will find out today when we face the colts in Mathis/Freeney combo.

No one hates Albert,we need depth. He's gonna get tested today, I think he wil;l allow 2 sacks. Hopefully not but think so.

I was in favor of moving him to RT. So far this year he has me eating my words. I hope it continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post

Your right on and your statement is not one that can even be argued with. Berry= no brainer

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

A lot of people are still crying about the Berry pick cause he hasn't had the huge impact yet, it will take almost a year for Berry to "get it" maybe a whole year. Rookie linemen are another thing, usually 2-3 years. So you pay him to sit or play crappy for 2-3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    We still will need to find someone to replace Weigmann.

OL played terrible in the preseason, but they improve every week.
    Agree here. Niswanger is not a starting center. If and when Weigmann calls it quits, we will need a solid replacement, but for now Weigmann might be playing better than everybody!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

We had a great draft. That includes Berry. We helped our team and got rookies that are making an impact right away. To want to do anything diffrent now that we have seen what this team is like on the field does not make much sense to me. And this is from someone who was not on board with the Berry pick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast