Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Dwayne Bowe

Default Dwayne Bowe

I am hating that Mother Fer right now catch the flipping TD,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Problem is that it is impossible to prove that from the bench.

I certainly can not defend Bowe right now. He is worse about dropping the ball than before, when he was supposed to improve.

But I certainly wouldn't bench him right now.

I'd just keep throwing it to him until he remembers how to catch.
    I see what you're saying. You're not ready to give up on Bowe just yet.

In my unlikely, but hoped for, scenario Bowe would get playing time like any other backup. Over the course of a few games, if he starts making every catch he should make, he gets more playing time.

I'm not worried that he may not get a fair chance. In my opinion, he's been hurting the team for a long time. He has already had plenty of opportunity to correct this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Problem is that it is impossible to prove that from the bench.

I certainly can not defend Bowe right now. He is worse about dropping the ball than before, when he was supposed to improve.

But I certainly wouldn't bench him right now.

I'd just keep throwing it to him until he remembers how to catch.
    Look up the definition of the word Insanity.

A. We are not getting rid of Bowe. He is still a good receiver who needs to stop dropping damn balls.
    B. Bowe dropped that pass, and this discussion was to vent on Bowe. It was not Cassels fault for him dropping the ball. The hatred towards Cassel does not belong in this thread as he did nothing to cause that dropped pass. Any argument otherwise is just Silly BS and embarassing for the person arguing it.
    C. There is no other option other than Cassel right now. I don't care what you say. Croyle aint it, and there is no one avaiable in FA that would upgrade the Qb position. The closest is Dante Culpepper.

Something has changed recently and it pissing me off. Chiefs fans have become a bunch of whinny blaming fans. The media is constantly trying to stir up stories and asking questions and then immediately blasting the answer as a lie.

Fact of the matter, this is the team we have. They are exceeding most of our expectations, yet people are still negative and looking to so bitter.

Yes, I was upset at Bowe. I am over it. I don't want him cut, I want him to work on the fundamentals. He needs to work harder, because this team needs him.

Nothing will change, Bowe will still be there, they need to slip Horn in there somewhere and give him a shot But Bowe will still be there #1 WR. Not sayin that wont change after the Texas game.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Look up the definition of the word Insanity.
    Repeating the same thing over and over expecting a different result. That's why after this year we need to trade or cut Cassel/Bowe if they aren't getting it done.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Repeating the same thing over and over expecting a different result. That's why after this year we need to trade or cut Cassel/Bowe if they aren't getting it done.
    You are correct. It is insane to continue to throw the ball to a guy that simply will not catch it. It's like 31 said, if Bowe catches the ball not only does it make Cassel look good but it makes Bowe look good. Looking at it your way, Bowe is making Cassel look worse by not catching balls thrown to him. If he catches the ball it makes them BOTH better which makes our team better.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Here is something you will need to come to reality on. Doing what you suggested, buy cutting Bowe or Cassel if they don't turn it around, is basically taking a step back next year to reload again. Just cutting a guy with no viable back up plan won't happen. If you can tell me who out there on the trading block or as a FA is worth dumping Cassel for, lets hear it. I don't see that person there. The best available would most likely be competition for Cassel next year and not worth completely losing Cassel over.

So, unless we draft a QB which we hope becomes the QB of the future. You will most likely see Cassel again next year unless the rookie is hands over a better QB and earns the starting job, in which Cassel becomes plan B.

Bowe is still a good WR. He just needs to catch the DANG ball when it is thrown to him. I can understand dropping a pass that a defender gets his hands in there, but he has to catch the ones uncontested.

Bowe is an excellent blocker and is a very good #2 receiver. He just needs a better receiver next to him. I have been very disappointed in Chambers performance so far this year. It almost looks like he dosent care. (I was also a person saying that his signing in the off season was huge).

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Here is something you will need to come to reality on. Doing what you suggested, buy cutting Bowe or Cassel if they don't turn it around, is basically taking a step back next year to reload again. Just cutting a guy with no viable back up plan won't happen. If you can tell me who out there on the trading block or as a FA is worth dumping Cassel for, lets hear it. I don't see that person there. The best available would most likely be competition for Cassel next year and not worth completely losing Cassel over.

So, unless we draft a QB which we hope becomes the QB of the future. You will most likely see Cassel again next year unless the rookie is hands over a better QB and earns the starting job, in which Cassel becomes plan B.

Bowe is still a good WR. He just needs to catch the DANG ball when it is thrown to him. I can understand dropping a pass that a defender gets his hands in there, but he has to catch the ones uncontested.

Bowe is an excellent blocker and is a very good #2 receiver. He just needs a better receiver next to him. I have been very disappointed in Chambers performance so far this year. It almost looks like he dosent care. (I was also a person saying that his signing in the off season was huge).
    Agree totally!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post

The only thing I can say to this is that at some point if a guy is not producing, he has to go. Obviously you should try to get something for that player. At this point, I am not so certain that they may start considering this option for Bowe unless a dramatic turn of events occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    The only thing I can say to this is that at some point if a guy is not producing, he has to go. Obviously you should try to get something for that player. At this point, I am not so certain that they may start considering this option for Bowe unless a dramatic turn of events occurs.
    Exactly if a player is not producing then we need to get rid of them. Since we got Pioli people always talk about the ideology of the Patriots one thing I like about them is no matter who the player is if they aren't working they will get rid of your *** examples: Merriman, Moss, etc.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast