Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Dwayne Bowe

Default Dwayne Bowe

I am hating that Mother Fer right now catch the flipping TD,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Why does Bowe have to go? You act like there are guys on the depth chart that we can just plug in and play a lot better. I realize he has a problem with dropping the ball. He's developing into an all-around wide receiver though, one that can block in the running game (as Haley has complimented him on). Simply saying he has to go does nothing to improve the Chiefs' team as a whole.
    Benching Bowe is not a decision I would make lightly. However, I think drops, especially the easy drops (which Bowe has a lot of), can absolutely kill an offense. It's like a batting average, if you get 170 plate appearances and your average is 200 ... you're not in the starting lineup. We would be better off with a slower more sure-handed replacement.

For me, anyone on the bench will do. Sit him down until he can prove that he can stop making easy drops.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalT View Post
    Benching Bowe is not a decision I would make lightly. However, I think drops, especially the easy drops (which Bowe has a lot of), can absolutely kill an offense. It's like a batting average, if you get 170 plate appearances and your average is 200 ... you're not in the starting lineup. We would be better off with a slower more sure-handed replacement.

For me, anyone on the bench will do. Sit him down until he can prove that he can stop making easy drops.

I would not be to upset if we sat Bowe for a game and maybe gave Horne a look. He made some things happen in the preseason I would like to see what happens if we can get him out there in a real nfl game at WR for an extended time. And maybe that would be a wake up call for Bowe.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalT View Post

This!!!! ^^^^^
    I would bench him indefinitely. He has proven that he is not of value to this team. He kills drives period. He certainly can not be helping the QB's confidence. I would immediately start shopping him and take whatever I could get.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    This!!!! ^^^^^
    I would bench him indefinitely. He has proven that he is not of value to this team. He kills drives period. He certainly can not be helping the QB's confidence. I would immediately start shopping him and take whatever I could get.
    Good thing your not in a position of power. Bowe is our best WR, and if we desperately shop him around we are going to get crap for him. Haley is right in defending Bowe he is building up his trade value. If Bowe has a decent year and gets close to 1000 yards he's worth a lot you bench him after his suspension last year then we are going to get a nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Good thing your not in a position of power. Bowe is our best WR, and if we desperately shop him around we are going to get crap for him. Haley is right in defending Bowe he is building up his trade value. If Bowe has a decent year and gets close to 1000 yards he's worth a lot you bench him after his suspension last year then we are going to get a nothing.
    He's hurt us more than he's helped us for the last 20 games and yet he's our best receiver?

He's hurt us more than he's helped us for the last 20 games and yet he's our best receiver?

I think he is our best receiver but that's not saying alot. We are not deep at all at the WR spot. I think Bowe can be a very good receiver If he has anther weapon along with him. He is not a number 1 receiver but he can be a real good number 2.

Here's your only problem who are you going to replace him nobody else had had success look at matt Cassel's completion percentage d-bowe is not the only one not catching the ball. I love how people are willing to give Cassel years to develop and D-bowe has a few bad games and so does Cassel and somehow we blame it all on d-bowe and nothing gets on Cassel mr teflon don. Maybe they both are too blame ever think of that?

Here's your only problem who are you going to replace him nobody else had had success look at matt Cassel's completion percentage d-bowe is not the only one not catching the ball. I love how people are willing to give Cassel years to develop and D-bowe has a few bad games and so does Cassel and somehow we blame it all on d-bowe and nothing gets on Cassel mr teflon don. Maybe they both are too blame ever think of that?
    Dude, seriously, try reading, it is a skill that is your friend.

There have been a great many people complaining about Cassel as well, but even you have to admit that Cassel has hurt us less than Bowe has.

Think about it, how many sacks has Cassel had? How many interceptions? How many fumbles?

He needs to get better too, there is no doubt, but even the best quarterback in the league cannot win games if his receivers cannot catch the ball.

I am done with this nonsense now. If Bowe turns it around, then so be it, if he continues to cost us games, then the man you have the man-crush on will be taking a backseat.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

1) I don't think Cassel sucks, I think he is a good backup and I don't think Bowe is "The Man" but he is a good WR with a proven track record. I don't ever think Dwayne Bowe will be "The Man" but he can be the second man, as you alluded at him being to Tony.
    2) The teams will want him, but I think they will get him cheap especially if Haley blows up and slams him, but Haley has remained cool and praised him. Haley is being a lot smarter acting this year. I think last year he was overwhelmed he has done a great job this year though. Also the Vikes just picked up Randy Moss with a 3rd so getting a 3rd or 4th a second wr isn't too bad.
    But Bowe was drafted to be the man or was he drafted to be number 2?

Dwayne has been here for four years not two. and dwayne was drafted to be THE man not be second to Tony G.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast