Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Dwayne Bowe

Default Dwayne Bowe

I am hating that Mother Fer right now catch the flipping TD,,,,

Merriman has never played for the Patriots.

With exception of last week it appeared to me that Bowe has been producing this season. I've not looked at his overall stats, basing that opinion from memory of being at games, witnessing his play on the field.

Bowe retains the stigma he acquired last season among fans from missing too many catches, etc.. Not related to football, but in theory it's similar to what Rosa Parks said many years ago, "Have you ever been hurt and the place tries to heal a bit, and you just pull the scar off of it over and over again."

Well, that is what I see happening with fans reaction to Bowe after last week...he had shown improvement over last season, wounds were healing from 2009...but last week he missed critical catches, & it reopened wounds of fans acquired in 2009. Hopefully he won't continue to miss catches, just had a bad week.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Merriman has never played for the Patriots.
    LOL I meant Seymour

The fine line between progression and regression is consistency, to which Bowe is anything but. Nine catches on the year with 2 or 3 drops is simply unimpressive. From what I have seen with my eyes is that Bowe is about as far from clutch as there is. This stigma you speak of is not a stigma in my opinion but a fact of the matter. He is not catching the ball as much as this team had anticipated he would when they drafted him.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Look up the definition of the word Insanity.
    Good point.

However, Bowe has caught the ball 212 times in his NFL career, with varying degrees of drop rate. (poorer of late.)

This means that the result is not always the same.

Bowe does have the highest "ceiling" of any WR on this team. So, with undesriable options, I would continue to see if we can get him back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Exactly if a player is not producing then we need to get rid of them. Since we got Pioli people always talk about the ideology of the Patriots one thing I like about them is no matter who the player is if they aren't working they will get rid of your *** examples: Merriman, Moss, etc.
    I agree that a willingness to cut a "name" who is not fitting right is a good thing.

I just prefer a bit more patience than what you offer Matt Cassel and DH ghas for Bowe.

(Though wearing quite thin with Bowe.)

I agree cutting a person who does not fit, is necessary, but cutting a guy who kind of fits when there is absolutely not plan B, is a problem.

All I am saying is that if they don't pan out this year, draft or sign their eventual replacement next year. Make the compete for their position, and if they fail, send em packing and there will be no lose in production.

At this point, sending either Bowe or Cassel packing will hurt the team even next year.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112