Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dwayne Bowe

Default Dwayne Bowe

I am hating that Mother Fer right now catch the flipping TD,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    He gets that touchdown and his confidence would have gone through the roof....
    Cassell has just given too much evidence on why he is not the guy.

Our D is great. Our run game is great.

Our special teams is good.

But we have to admit our passing game isn't going to cut it. This is a below average 2ndary we faced and a below average D.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post

But we have to admit our passing game isn't going to cut it. This is a below average 2ndary we faced and a below average D.
    I don't remember but I think that that deep ball to bowe was our first pass over 25 for the game and it got dropped who knows what would have happened. He threw the ball away today, avoided some sacks I liked wha I saw with his poise in the pocket but this guy seems to feed off emotion and I am telling you he gets that touchdown and I just think we would have seen as different matt cassell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
    A little better next week? This offence has regressed since it's last game. They had two weeks off to work on the deficiencies. They are playing a pass defence that's in the bottom half of the league statisticly....If we were playing the Ravens or Steelers then I would'nt be concerned...We should have been able to get more passing yards than was put up..
    We haven't regressed we played a better defense. Last week our defense is what scored a lot of points and the return game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I backed Dwayne the last 2 years, loved his work ethic in the offseason...He's dropped 3 balls that he should have caught. I can't continue to support him until he starts doing his job. I'm not kidding when I say I would have caught that TD pass. Having to turn around is an adjustment every reciever needs to be able to make, especially in the NFL.
    Actually, I have Bowe down for five passes this year that he should have caught.

Interestingly enough the guy only has 10 receptions. He has to step it up and make those catches consistently. He certainly is not playing like the first round pick that we selected.

I do believe strongly that next year a receiver will be an early pick for the Chiefs we simply have got to have a number 1 guy and Bowe is not that guy. This is his third year and it seems like he has gotten worse each time.

What is worse is his attitude after he misses a catch. He acts like he's Gomer Pyle with his "doh dee doh dee doh" attitude after missing a catch.

I am so sick of that guy, and I am done defending him in the slightest. After those two drops, I would have put his butt on the bench the rest of the game.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs28 View Post
    to be fair he did have to turn around to his back shoulder and that was a tough catch.
    Well, I am a Dwayne Bowe fan, and supported our Chiefs drafting him having faith in his ability & talent to become a top WR for us. Considering his numerous issues with missing catches & dropping them as well...it's a wonder to me why I continue to have faith he is a top WR in the making, but I do, even after today.

That said...I disagree the catch he missed in the endzone today was a "tough catch". Any top WR in the NFL could've easily made that catch...Cassel threw it right on the money, more or less. Of all the missed catches I've witnessed Bowe miss in the last couple of years...this particular one I do believe was the worst yet! He cost us 7 pts, and then missed the very next catchable pass thrown to him as well!

My biggest concern now is...he's gonna lose confidence in himself missing game critical catches like today. If that happens, he's likely to worsen...self confidence is a must for a WR. Cassel's gonna lose confidence in him again too. He had been doing better this year. :(

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

At best Bowe is a #2 or #3 receiver. The Chiefs first draft pick should be a WR.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    Um it did change the game. It would have been 16-12. I always defend him and I can't on this one, he's our number one receiver. Enough said. How the hell is cassell going to "look" better if our receivers can't cacth the ball and has no confidence. We hung in there against peyton manning. I'm mad we lost but I'm feeling good about this team.
    Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    It would have been 13 or 14 to 9, but the momentum would have shifted no one can say what would have happened if we get that touch down but to say that that dropped ball, as some one else posted, doesn't change the outcome of the game is ludacris. It absolutely changed the outcome of the game. That and Joseph addai getting hurt because Hart ran right through us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post

I agree with garciakcfan & nigeriannightmare on all points. I also agree with you Sn@keIze. Our passing game needs to improve to be a genuine contender for playoffs & Super Bowl. I'm not sure yet Cassel is not our man though, I'm going to make that decision by the end of this season.

I do believe Cassel has a strong enough arm, and he has shown accuracy skill & other talents of a possible top NFL QB. The problem is his consistency. Part of the game he looks good, others not. I'm just not sure of why he's inconsistent...whether it's all his fault or not.

The Indy crowd noise was at peak today, which could've been a negative factor for Cassel, or any QB for that matter. I read on FB some Indy fans say the crowd was amped & louder than normal, they wanted their team to be the one to knock us off our undefeated pedestal.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 10-11-2010 at 01:36 AM.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Haha i love the cassel hate, it makes me laugh. The guys takes 0 sacks, 0 picks, and has how many dropped passes and he is the problem? Have any of you guys even ever played QB? Cassel is doing fine. Is he the best? no of course not. Does he makes bad throws and mistakes? ya of course.
    Hell people he outplayed Peyton Manning. The difference? When Peyton gave his guys the opportunity they made the catch! Bowe can't catch a back shoulder fade right on the money? It's time for him to go period. He is not #1 at all. Oh whats that we throw a quick 5 yard curl the next play and it goes right thru his hands? Yep time to go. And you guys wonder why we don't throw to him much? all it takes is one of those to come off his hands and it's picked. Chambers isn't impressing either.

I say Chiefs offer a 3rd rounder for Roy Williams. Or make a call for Vincent Jackson even though i doubt chargers will give him up to anybody with their demands.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    ok. we get it your all mad, wait till next week we will be a little better,, we are only trying to get a little better each week, bowes TD drop didnt change the outcome of the game, what about the other 25 bad throws that lso could have been for TD's??
    I am not sure I saw the 25 other bad throws. I saw ONE, on 4 and 2, where he forced it. Other than than. I saw four dropped balls that hit the receiver right in the hands, two on Bowe, one on Chambers and one on Dexter. I saw four balls just thrown away which was smart as they he avoided sacks.

Bowes dropped Balls did change the outcome of the game. It completely killed the momentum of the offense in which went into a slump after that.

One thing is obvious from this game. Bowe did return to his previous form as many predicted.

You all can blame Cassel all you want but the receiver plain out suck. Excluding Moeaki... That guy is freaking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am not sure I saw the 25 other bad throws. I saw ONE, on 4 and 2, where he forced it. Other than than. I saw four dropped balls that hit the receiver right in the hands, two on Bowe, one on Chambers and one on Dexter. I saw four balls just thrown away which was smart as they he avoided sacks.

Bowes dropped Balls did change the outcome of the game. It completely killed the momentum of the offense in which went into a slump after that.

One thing is obvious from this game. Bowe did return to his previous form as many predicted.

You all can blame Cassel all you want but the receiver plain out suck. Excluding Moeaki... That guy is freaking awesome.

Not gonna lie...I'm starting to get a man crush on one Tony Moeaki....

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast