Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: It's time we move on from Cassell

Default It's time we move on from Cassell

Croyle isnt the guy either, but he gives us a better chance than Cassell.

Croyle just cant stay healthy.

But Cassell has no pocket presence and cant throw a pass.

I dont want to admit it but we all need to so we can move on. I dont want it to be the situation where we realize this after this D is gone and its too late.

I finally came this conclusion after Cassell simply fumbled the ball. He didnt get it knocked out or anything. Just slipped out of his hands. and then he recovered it. only to slipped out of his person again. I know many of you saw what i saw and came to that conclusion on that play too.

By biggest complaint with Cassel is that he just doesnt have that extra x-factor that will EVER make him a great, or even a GOOD quarterback. Hes got a great arm, and he can fire some real lasers. sometimes too hard, when its not necessary. Hes not the most accurate qb and his down-the-field performance from what ive observed is pretty poor. But what he seems to be really terrible in handling is PRESSURE. He cant get himself out of a jam, and he has zero confidence in breaking the pocket and having that athleticism to make big runs on open terrain. If he feels pressure, he clams up and gets rid of it, usually with the intention of having the ball uncatchable. When he gets in a rut, he has no ability to confidently overcome negative momentum to make a majority of the big plays he needs to make. Looking around the league, all of the 'great' teams playing have great QB leadership that can work the ball and handle the pressure. Matt Cassel cant cut it like the big boys can.

Cassel looked OK today. Against a mediocre defense. I really want to see it next week. I doubt he puts up the numbers against a decent secondary.

I will give a nod to Cassel today. He was part of the reason that we had the lead for so long and I don't think he did to much to hurt the team today. If he plays like he did today every week then I would not mind him being the QB at all.

Next week will be a better D But this week i tip my cap and say good game #7 keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I will give a nod to Cassel today. He was part of the reason that we had the lead for so long and I don't think he did to much to hurt the team today. If he plays like he did today every week then I would not mind him being the QB at all.

Next week will be a better D But this week i tip my cap and say good game #7 keep it up.
    Jacksonville's pass D is about worse than the Texans...They've given up the most pass TDs in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post

I tell you one play that pissed me off was the 3rd and 2 on our second to last position. The throw back across the field on his back foot. RUN THE BALL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I tell you one play that pissed me off was the 3rd and 2 on our second to last position. The throw back across the field on his back foot. RUN THE BALL!!!!!
    I am soooooo with you on this!! I looked at my son and said WTFrick did they do that for? That 3rd and 2 was a HUGE down for us that could've realistically made the difference between winning & losing the game! We have two powerful offensive weapons rushing the ball with Charles & Jones. We'll never know now, but I speculate either Charles or Jones could've easily acquired those 2 yds converting to a 1st & 10! IMO...this was the biggest mistake the Chiefs made today...regardless of defense failing. The biggest mistake on the NFL's part...bad officiating! UGH!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Cassel and Bowe are still the same guys they were last week. Cassel is not the guy that you can expect to win the game for you. He is not yet that guy, maybe he will be, but today once again showed that he has problems when the game is directly on his shoulders.

Bowe is still the guy that will drop a pass for you. Today he really showed up and played well, but he is still the same guy, you just don't correct two years of issues in one week.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Cassel and Bowe are still the same guys they were last week. Cassel is not the guy that you can expect to win the game for you. He is not yet that guy, maybe he will be, but today once again showed that he has problems when the game is directly on his shoulders.

Bowe is still the guy that will drop a pass for you. Today he really showed up and played well, but he is still the same guy, you just don't correct two years of issues in one week.
    Can you please elaborate what you mean by Cassel showing problems with this game today? I didn't get to watch the game and only saw highlights.

So if you're referring to the last play of the game, I blame the 5 offensive linemen who had a job of only blocking 3 rushers and couldn't even do that to give Cassel more than 2 seconds to set up the hail mary. Which in turn is not enough time for the WR's to run 38 yards into the endzone anyways.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    That was what play was called and designed to do. If he would've tried to run, he would've gotten sacked for a loss. Texans were not fooled by the play action at all. I think they should've just tried to run the ball.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

The play was setup to go right for moeaki, his job was to pretend to block for the fake pitch and sneak out. Just so happens a texan sniffed it out. Cassels pass was actually on the money if moeaki would not have turned around and tried to back pedal to it. If moeaki stayed right and kept going up field and got position on the defender it would have been a perfect pass.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast