Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 84

Thread: It's time we move on from Cassell

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sexy Ville
    Posts
    1,383
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default It's time we move on from Cassell


    0 Not allowed!
    Croyle isnt the guy either, but he gives us a better chance than Cassell.

    Croyle just cant stay healthy.

    But Cassell has no pocket presence and cant throw a pass.

    I dont want to admit it but we all need to so we can move on. I dont want it to be the situation where we realize this after this D is gone and its too late.

    I finally came this conclusion after Cassell simply fumbled the ball. He didnt get it knocked out or anything. Just slipped out of his hands. and then he recovered it. only to slipped out of his person again. I know many of you saw what i saw and came to that conclusion on that play too.

  2. #71
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Can you please elaborate what you mean by Cassel showing problems with this game today? I didn't get to watch the game and only saw highlights.

    So if you're referring to the last play of the game, I blame the 5 offensive linemen who had a job of only blocking 3 rushers and couldn't even do that to give Cassel more than 2 seconds to set up the hail mary. Which in turn is not enough time for the WR's to run 38 yards into the endzone anyways.
    Overall Cassel had a good game, there is no denying that, but when the game was on the line and we really needed a play we had two back to back plays that were directly in his hands.

    1. A throw to Bowe over the middle, Bowe was open and Cassel through the ball behind him, had he made a better throw and had Bowe actually caught it, then that was a first down and the drive is still alive.

    2. The immediate play after that, Horne was open over the left side of the field and Cassel not only failed to throw it to him when he was open the most, but he also over threw the ball.

    Either of these plays extends that drive and keeps the ball away from the Texans and their last drive. That is the time when we HAD to have a play and the play was not there to be had.

    That is what I meant, he is still not the guy that we can rely on to win the game for us when it is needed.


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

  3. #72
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Overall Cassel had a good game, there is no denying that, but when the game was on the line and we really needed a play we had two back to back plays that were directly in his hands.

    1. A throw to Bowe over the middle, Bowe was open and Cassel through the ball behind him, had he made a better throw and had Bowe actually caught it, then that was a first down and the drive is still alive.

    2. The immediate play after that, Horne was open over the left side of the field and Cassel not only failed to throw it to him when he was open the most, but he also over threw the ball.

    Either of these plays extends that drive and keeps the ball away from the Texans and their last drive. That is the time when we HAD to have a play and the play was not there to be had.

    That is what I meant, he is still not the guy that we can rely on to win the game for us when it is needed.
    Ya your right, the 3 TD passes, the 20-29 and the 122 rating didn't help us do anything to win! This is ridiculous! The loss is on the D plain and simple. Bowe and Cassel which we have all been killing played their a$$es off today. He did PLENTY to win this game today and if he played like this every game there's no way in hell you could say he doesn't do enough to win these games.

  4. #73
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,765
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    That was what play was called and designed to do. If he would've tried to run, he would've gotten sacked for a loss. Texans were not fooled by the play action at all. I think they should've just tried to run the ball.

    Thats' what im saying. the execution was poor back foot across field is a tough pass to complete, just don't get why charles or jones didn't get it but whatever there were lots of things that cost us the game but that play made me throw things.

  5. #74
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,868
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Until someone runs a kick on us, I feel our special teams have been good enough to stop doing the stupid pooch kick thing. That gave the Texans excellent field position, and a boost to their momentum. When they were down.

  6. #75
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Ya your right, the 3 TD passes, the 20-29 and the 122 rating didn't help us do anything to win! This is ridiculous! The loss is on the D plain and simple. Bowe and Cassel which we have all been killing played their a$ off today. He did PLENTY to win this game today and if he played like this every game there's no way in hell you could say he doesn't do enough to win these games.
    Dude, you need to sober up and start reading. Cool your jets man, and read. Quoting stats about the game means nothing. He could have had 400 yards passing, but when the game was on the line, when it was clutch time, Cassel crumbled. That was my point. I am not down on Cassel, I was making an observation.

    And since this thread is about Cassel and not the defense, then this is where observations about Cassel should go.

    Step away from the keyboard and cool your jets, we all know your mad, but taking it out on other people is not going to endear your position.


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

  7. #76
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Dude, you need to sober up and start reading. Cool your jets man, and read. Quoting stats about the game means nothing. He could have had 400 yards passing, but when the game was on the line, when it was clutch time, Cassel crumbled. That was my point. I am not down on Cassel, I was making an observation.

    And since this thread is about Cassel and not the defense, then this is where observations about Cassel should go.

    Step away from the keyboard and cool your jets, we all know your mad, but taking it out on other people is not going to endear your position.
    I'm not mad at all so once again your assumptions are incorrect. I believe I mentioned Cassel in a Cassel thread so, ahh I don't need to point out your being wrong again. All your saying is woulda, coulda, shoulda when saying he could have thrown for 400 yds. Ya, your right but we coulda won if the D woulda stopped them in the 4th qtr. We pissed away a 10 point lead in the 4th and Cassel had nothing to do with that. Cassel has been destroyed on this site and as much as he may have deserved it in the first few weeks, he simply does not deserve it this week! In my opinion he played his best game of the year so to have you say "he could have thrown for 400 yds" is just crazy. I guess he could have thrown for 1000 if they would have just let us......

  8. #77
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Cassel played a GREAT game up until his last few throws. That throw to Moeaki was off his back foot, fading away and you can't blame Moeaki...PERIOD. If he continues running his pattern? If Moeaki does that the ball is thrown 5 yards behind him. Cassel just had a bad throw and Moeaki didn't have the time to adjust, plain and simple.

    The last drive was what really set me off. Two piss poor throws that weren't anywhere near the receiver and then getting sacked instead of heaving it down the field. Heck, run with the ball. He didn't even make an attempt to get rid of it, he just said ok, I'll take the sack...oh wait it's the last play...shoot, my bad. I don't care if it's a one person rush Cassel has to have game awareness and he flat out didn't show it on the last drive.

    With that said overall he had one HECK of a game!

  9. #78
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Cassel played a GREAT game up until his last few throws. That throw to Moeaki was off his back foot, fading away and you can't blame Moeaki...PERIOD. If he continues running his pattern? If Moeaki does that the ball is thrown 5 yards behind him. Cassel just had a bad throw and Moeaki didn't have the time to adjust, plain and simple.

    The last drive was what really set me off. Two piss poor throws that weren't anywhere near the receiver and then getting sacked instead of heaving it down the field. Heck, run with the ball. He didn't even make an attempt to get rid of it, he just said ok, I'll take the sack...oh wait it's the last play...shoot, my bad. I don't care if it's a one person rush Cassel has to have game awareness and he flat out didn't show it on the last drive.

    With that said overall he had one HECK of a game!
    Thanks for reiterating my points again. Yeah, the defense could have done their part as well, but you hit on the very reason why this is a team sport.


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

  10. #79
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,195
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    I'm not mad at all so once again your assumptions are incorrect. I believe I mentioned Cassel in a Cassel thread so, ahh I don't need to point out your being wrong again. All your saying is woulda, coulda, shoulda when saying he could have thrown for 400 yds. Ya, your right but we coulda won if the D woulda stopped them in the 4th qtr. We pissed away a 10 point lead in the 4th and Cassel had nothing to do with that. Cassel has been destroyed on this site and as much as he may have deserved it in the first few weeks, he simply does not deserve it this week! In my opinion he played his best game of the year so to have you say "he could have thrown for 400 yds" is just crazy. I guess he could have thrown for 1000 if they would have just let us......
    Its also hard for ANY QB to throw for big numbers when they're on a RUNNING team!!!!
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

    Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

  11. #80
    Member Since
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    786
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Cassel did good this game, but he's probably never going to be a top-15 QB. We probably don't dump him in 2011 )no good FAs, and draft class is weak), but 2012 is a strong possibility.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cassell or WR's
    By nigeriannightmare in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 12:55 AM
  2. Cassell
    By jtandcrew in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-08-2010, 02:18 AM
  3. Cassell Doesn't Need Moss!
    By Big Daddy Tek in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 08:54 PM
  4. Matt Cassell to the Chiefs?
    By tenacious in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 02:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •