Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: It's time we move on from Cassell

Default It's time we move on from Cassell

Croyle isnt the guy either, but he gives us a better chance than Cassell.

Croyle just cant stay healthy.

But Cassell has no pocket presence and cant throw a pass.

I dont want to admit it but we all need to so we can move on. I dont want it to be the situation where we realize this after this D is gone and its too late.

I finally came this conclusion after Cassell simply fumbled the ball. He didnt get it knocked out or anything. Just slipped out of his hands. and then he recovered it. only to slipped out of his person again. I know many of you saw what i saw and came to that conclusion on that play too.

Bottom line is that regardless of how Cassell has played in any of the games this year, if Bowe catches that TD pass in my opinion we win the game and this thread does not exist!! Is he struggling, YES but one thing is for sure, when WR's drop TD passes in the end zone it certainly does not help a QB's confidence. I'm laying this game directly on the head of the most inconsistant WR in the league.

I agree, we really need a no. 1 rec. Bowe has had chance after chance after chance, and plays the same. Drops in the EndZone are inexcusable, this is not the first, or second, or third time. It keeps happening, trade for a real WR! There are lost of guys out there, we just gotta pull the trigger! Give Cassell someone he can rely on time after time and I bet he turns out to be the QB we all hope he is!

Cassel may not have played a perfect game, but he did enough to give us a chance. I really do not think that this one is on him, and I have been one of his bigger critics.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief4Ever&Ever View Post
    I agree, we really need a no. 1 rec. Bowe has had chance after chance after chance, and plays the same. Drops in the EndZone are inexcusable, this is not the first, or second, or third time. It keeps happening, trade for a real WR! There are lost of guys out there, we just gotta pull the trigger! Give Cassell someone he can rely on time after time and I bet he turns out to be the QB we all hope he is!
    Much like last year if you give Cassle the drops his numbers don't look nearly as bad and he would have thrown a TD pass. We need someone that can hold on to the ball before we talk about how bad Cassle is. It's not the QBs fault when he throws the ball right were it needs to be and the WR drops the football. I would love to see Cassle get a TRUE number 1 WR then I think we can make a judgement on him.

If croyle gave us a better shot at winning he wouldn't be 0-11 as a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post
    If croyle gave us a better shot at winning he wouldn't be 0-11 as a starter.
    In all fairness, Cassel probably would have been 0-11 on the teams Brodie started on.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

look croyle is not the answer, we need to look to the future and draft/sign a QB. for now we are much improved, just be thankful for that and hope we plan for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    In all fairness, Cassel probably would have been 0-11 on the teams Brodie started on.

Canada i beg to differ. Damon huard did win games for kc while croyle was on the team. i remember croyle losing the starting job to huard as a result of this.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    look croyle is not the answer, we need to look to the future and draft/sign a QB. for now we are much improved, just be thankful for that and hope we plan for the future
    Well you may be right.. but i don't see that happening any time soon considering the 4 years cassel has left on that big 60 million dollar contract

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post
    Well you may be right.. but i don't see that happening any time soon considering the 4 years cassel has left on that big 60 million dollar contract
    Most of the guaranteed money will have been paid after this year. If we do keep Cassel next year, he is owed a $7M player option. That's why it's not a sure thing that he will be back.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast