Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: god bless our chiefs, no negative posts here

Default god bless our chiefs, no negative posts here

No posers allowed ..TY..

They played a tough game today. We made some mistakes, some bad play calls and some so so flags, well ya know what so did Indy!
    We played a good game, we will get better in different areas every week, hopefully we will start wroking on the offense soon.
    Haley has a plan, lets see how it turns out before we crusify our team.
    Bowe dropped a pass so what , so did chamber, jones, DMC, and Charles all of wich we dont know, they could have been TD's at any second.

No negative posts here please.. there are enough of those for you to get your jollies off on.
    Our D line played pretty well after the first 2 drives. I think we really need to work on jamming the recievers especially when playing 2 safeties and 2 LB's out past 10 yards.
    Moeaki again made a nice play, hali and Albert both had pretty good games especially Albert.

next week we have Houston, hopefully the offense opens up and we can get the return game back on track.
    Denver lost and faiders are beating the bolts so far, not that bad division wise for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    That is a good positive way to put it, I actually believe that most teams view us as one dimensional, just like the Colts are one dimensional.

For instance. The Colts are going to pass on you. So most teams play 8 men back so they cannot get the long downfield pass play. They know that Indy is not going to try and run, and even if they do, if you neutralize Manning, then you force them to have to run.

I think most teams see us the same way. They know that the real threat from the Chiefs is the run. They know that we really don't have a solid receiver corp and they also know that Cassel is not going to beat them with his arm. So you load up the box to stop the run and force the Chiefs to have to throw. Once the Chiefs are required to go through the air, then they are done.

This has all be sustantiated with the Colts this weekend pretty clearly.
    Exactly. This is also why we need both a strong rushing game and passing game. I've never been one to believe we can be a consistent playoff or Super Bowl contender without both, although I know many who disagree & think with a strong rushing game & defense...that's all that's necessary. Well, problem is too many teams have strong quick defenses of which can stop a rushing game, but not a passing games. We need a passing game for those defenses like our own, which is better at stopping the run than a passing game.

I use to become so frustrated with Vermeil at times, because it would be obvious an opposing defense was stopping our rush, at least by halftime or not sooner. Vermeil would wait until the 4th Q before allowing Trent to convert to a passing game, often too little too late.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123