Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: god bless our chiefs, no negative posts here

Default god bless our chiefs, no negative posts here

No posers allowed ..TY..

They played a tough game today. We made some mistakes, some bad play calls and some so so flags, well ya know what so did Indy!
    We played a good game, we will get better in different areas every week, hopefully we will start wroking on the offense soon.
    Haley has a plan, lets see how it turns out before we crusify our team.
    Bowe dropped a pass so what , so did chamber, jones, DMC, and Charles all of wich we dont know, they could have been TD's at any second.

No negative posts here please.. there are enough of those for you to get your jollies off on.
    Our D line played pretty well after the first 2 drives. I think we really need to work on jamming the recievers especially when playing 2 safeties and 2 LB's out past 10 yards.
    Moeaki again made a nice play, hali and Albert both had pretty good games especially Albert.

next week we have Houston, hopefully the offense opens up and we can get the return game back on track.
    Denver lost and faiders are beating the bolts so far, not that bad division wise for us.

Flowers was getting a lot of praise heaped upon him from the guys on TV

Today the D showed that they are indeed for real. They held down one of the best QBS in the NFL. That is something that even with a loss that I am happy with. If the offense can just cut out the mistakes this will be a REAL playoff football team.

The defense did an incredible job. Hard to believe how good our secondary is for as young as they are. Our offensive line is so much better than it was at the beginning of last year. Since this is a positive only thread, I won't discuss Bowe. All in all though, you have to be very pleased at how much this team has improved over the last 2 years. If we can have another draft like last years, anything is possible.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Just stating the facts. Isn't this a discussion forum. You need to open your eyes. Cheifs fans demand a playoff win. That's what we want and without a good receiver I am afraiad we wont get one. Its been way to long..yes we are headed in the right direction. I even liked the onside kick play Sunday. Wasn't Told Haley supposed to be a receivers guru. He has to see the glaring hole there

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    GAWD, Another thread about not being negative?

OK, here I will only be positive

I am positive that Bowe sucks at catching the ball, how's that?
    **ChiefsChick**

At the end of the day, we went toe to toe with a Superbowl team and had a legit chance to win. Our defense frustrated Manning and kept the Colts rushing attack in check for the most part.

We are a legit playoff contender and that is thanks to our defense. Every week I grow a little more confident that the Chiefs are finally for real again.

Our Defense is #4 in terms of points per game despite playing the Colts and Chargers who are in the top three offensively in terms of points and yards per game.
    Last edited by wildcat; 10-11-2010 at 11:08 AM.

Hard to find positives on offense. You're not going to win a game on the road if you can't score touchdowns.

I was impressed with the defense once again.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Indy's D played better against the run than we expected, our D played very well. After all we played P Manning. We held him to 0 TD's and that is pretty good. We are still 3-1 and I am very happy about that. It will get better and Texas will go down next week!
    I agree with Pro Anglers positive points, and I also agree and stated such several times yesterday to those around..."why is it every season the Colts are said to have a bad defense they wake up & seem to play better against the Chiefs", lol.

Hey, here's a positive thought...maybe it's because the Colts do respect us and don't consider us a so called easy win, so their defense prepares better for our Chiefs, hahaha.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I agree with Pro Anglers positive points, and I also agree and stated such several times yesterday to those around..."why is it every season the Colts are said to have a bad defense they wake up & seem to play better against the Chiefs", lol.

Hey, here's a positive thought...maybe it's because the Colts do respect us and don't consider us a so called easy win, so their defense prepares better for our Chiefs, hahaha.
    That is a good positive way to put it, I actually believe that most teams view us as one dimensional, just like the Colts are one dimensional.

For instance. The Colts are going to pass on you. So most teams play 8 men back so they cannot get the long downfield pass play. They know that Indy is not going to try and run, and even if they do, if you neutralize Manning, then you force them to have to run.

I think most teams see us the same way. They know that the real threat from the Chiefs is the run. They know that we really don't have a solid receiver corp and they also know that Cassel is not going to beat them with his arm. So you load up the box to stop the run and force the Chiefs to have to throw. Once the Chiefs are required to go through the air, then they are done.

This has all be sustantiated with the Colts this weekend pretty clearly.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

As I watched the game yesterday with a couple Chiefs fans in NYC, we all had the same mentality. If they don't get blown out it is going to be a great sign. Well they had chances to win this game (multiple dropped interceptions, Bowe's hideous play and questionable early 4th down call) and at the end it was frustrating because we could have won. Either way this team has proven they can go to the playoffs with our defense alone. I do have to agree with so many, Bowe has got to go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast