Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: To cassel haters this wasn't his fault

Default To cassel haters this wasn't his fault

Dwayne bowed dropped a sure td pass and they should have went for the fg at the beginning. Not to mention the conservative playcalling. Cassel was just caling the plays he was told to do. You cassel haters need to get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
    I blame this loss on the coaching staff and Dwayne Bowe...You cannot spot Indy points..You have a chance for a chip shot FG to tie the game and you go for it? I'm fine with it against a team with a mediocre offence, but not a Manning led team...Dwayne Bowe has got to make that catch..There is you ten points that would have brought this game into OT..
    I posted at the same time I guess, not seeing yours, and also agree. I dunno, I had a feeling in my gut when we went for it on 4th & 2 in the 1st Q, didn't take the FG, it set a negative tone for the remainder of the game. Don't know what it was, just know from that point forward I had a bad gut feeling we weren't gonna win this one. :(

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think that anther thing that some have forgot is Charles fumble. That was anther killer. We had a nice drive going and Charles put the football on the ground. Anther thing that is not Cassles fault. Cassle has not been great but he also has not be terrible like some think.
    I'd say that phantom holding call to negate that 3rd and 15 pass on the sideline, and that even WORSE PI call on Derek Johnson..He never even touched him..I'm getting sick and tired of these refs throwing flags based on players tantrums..

Quote Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
    I'd say that phantom holding call to negate that 3rd and 15 pass on the sideline, and that even WORSE PI call on Derek Johnson..He never even touched him..I'm getting sick and tired of these refs throwing flags based on players tantrums..
    Ditto that too! I posted in another thread the factors I felt led to our loss, and the PI call was among them, also a sideline completed pass I doubted was in bounds, but Manning hurried his offense, got the next play off prior to time needed for us to object to the ruling the pass was complete. Don't know if that was the same sideline play you're referring to or not though.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Ditto that too! I posted in another thread the factors I felt led to our loss, and the PI call was among them, also a sideline completed pass I doubted was in bounds, but Manning hurried his offense, got the next play off prior to time needed for us to object to the ruling the pass was complete. Don't know if that was the same sideline play you're referring to or not though.
    The sideline play I'm referring to was a Chiefs pass play..It was 3rd and 15 to go for a first down and Cassell connected for a first down on the sideline..The play was called back because of holding (clearly was not) and they were forced to punt..

first i am neither a cassel fan or basher, nor did i get to see the game yet[dvr tonight] but the 1 for 10 on third down has to be what cost us the game. was it playing calling?, cassel? bowe? "O" line? bad luck? i'm almost afraid to watch and find out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    first i am neither a cassel fan or basher, nor did i get to see the game yet[dvr tonight] but the 1 for 10 on third down has to be what cost us the game. was it playing calling?, cassel? bowe? "O" line? bad luck? i'm almost afraid to watch and find out!!!
    Just watch the dropped TD pass. Your mind will be made up.

You know who is really to blame here. Jamal Charles for fumbling the ball. That would have never happened if it was Jones carrying the ball.

Don't forget Succops missed field goal or poor on sides kick. That on sides was all but good if the ball went far enough. We need a new kicker...

Stupid coach going for it on 4th and 2 and for trying the on sides kick, we should have played Herm Ball on the Road against one of the highest scoring offenses in the NFL.

The refs hosed us too..

This is all sarcasm but there was just as many variables that helped lose the game, that should take equal blame for the loss, but I guess Cassel is the whipping boy for those fans just waiting for a loss to unload on him.

Seriously people are actually defending Duane Bowes drops on the fact that Cassel didn't pass him the ball enough before that pass to get warmed up.... Really!!!! That is why Bowe dropped that ball. He was not warmed up. Given that logic, you should look at Bowe for not catching passes on the side line at every Time out Like TG used to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    You know who is really to blame here. Jamal Charles for fumbling the ball. That would have never happened if it was Jones carrying the ball.

Don't forget Succops missed field goal or poor on sides kick. That on sides was all but good if the ball went far enough. We need a new kicker...

Stupid coach going for it on 4th and 2 and for trying the on sides kick, we should have played Herm Ball on the Road against one of the highest scoring offenses in the NFL.

The refs hosed us too..

This is all sarcasm but there was just as many variables that helped lose the game, that should take equal blame for the loss, but I guess Cassel is the whipping boy for those fans just waiting for a loss to unload on him.

Seriously people are actually defending Duane Bowes drops on the fact that Cassel didn't pass him the ball enough before that pass to get warmed up.... Really!!!! That is why Bowe dropped that ball. He was not warmed up. Given that logic, you should look at Bowe for not catching passes on the side line at every Time out Like TG used to do.

If you look back at the entire game you see so many missed opportunities or things that just didn't go our way. As much as you defend Cassel I can't understand how you bag on Bowe. Did he drop balls yeah...but how many 3 and outs did Peyton have because his receivers dropped the ball. While I'm not a fan of Cassel and I don't think he's our QB past this year trying to blame one player is pointless. Cassel gets the most attention because he seems like the type that won't lose you game but he won't go out and win them.

The fumble by Charles was insane, I think even Ray Lewis went wow, even I wouldn't have held onto that ball. Simply put everyone had a cr@ptastic game. Succop missed the field goal and blew the opening onside kick. Haley went for it on 4th & 2 when many people say on the road you ALWAYS take the points. Bowe dropped a pass that was in his bread basket which made any other drop he had yesterday 50 times worse. Cassel couldn't get a lot of his passes exactly where he needed them.

It ALL contributed...and before you go and defend Cassel look at where 99% of Peyton's passes went...right where only his receiver or no one would catch it.

I wouldnt have been as pissed about Bowe dropping that ball if he had caught the one they threw him on the next play. He just drops it way to much. while I agree that we lost this game as a team...something needs to be done about Bowe!! Stick 'um maybe?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    If you look back at the entire game you see so many missed opportunities or things that just didn't go our way. As much as you defend Cassel I can't understand how you bag on Bowe. Did he drop balls yeah...but how many 3 and outs did Peyton have because his receivers dropped the ball. While I'm not a fan of Cassel and I don't think he's our QB past this year trying to blame one player is pointless. Cassel gets the most attention because he seems like the type that won't lose you game but he won't go out and win them.

The fumble by Charles was insane, I think even Ray Lewis went wow, even I wouldn't have held onto that ball. Simply put everyone had a cr@ptastic game. Succop missed the field goal and blew the opening onside kick. Haley went for it on 4th & 2 when many people say on the road you ALWAYS take the points. Bowe dropped a pass that was in his bread basket which made any other drop he had yesterday 50 times worse. Cassel couldn't get a lot of his passes exactly where he needed them.

It ALL contributed...and before you go and defend Cassel look at where 99% of Peyton's passes went...right where only his receiver or no one would catch it.
    Can someone please specifically point out to me then, where Cassel went wrong instead of throwing a stat out there that has other variables to support the incompletion. I pointed out the 4th and 2 throw. Bad pass and that was Cassels fault

I have heard poor decision making, but I am not sure what plays those people are referring too Even then we don't know what was called either.

I can say, Cassel had one very poor ball thrown towards Bowe in the end zone, and Bowe screamed that he was being held. Which seems to be what Bowe does every time he can't get open, or fails to make a play on a ball, but he wasn't going to catch it anyway.

He did fumble a ball when the game was basically already over.

I saw just as much to defend Cassel's decision making like the supposed quick Slant to Bowe that was busted up and Cassel wisely threw it away, the very series after Bowe dropped to, so his decision making was correct there.

I am not saying he is perfect. I just didn't see the logic in people blasting into him this game. He didn't lose the game for us but he did have the ball in the right position at least once that could have won it for us.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast