Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: To cassel haters this wasn't his fault

Default To cassel haters this wasn't his fault

Dwayne bowed dropped a sure td pass and they should have went for the fg at the beginning. Not to mention the conservative playcalling. Cassel was just caling the plays he was told to do. You cassel haters need to get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    You Dwayne Bowe haters need to get a life I can make the same argument that it was Cassel's fault. Maybe it's both of their faults ever think of that?
    Wel, I am not puting the loss on any one player.

But, on the play that is so heavily in question, Cassel threw a TD pass, and Bowe rejected it.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIEFS_FN_ROCK View Post
    Um yes it was he was 16-29 for 156 yards and total all 4 games he only has 650 yards so thats an average of 162.5 yards a game with 4tds and 3 picks so he sucks @$$
    24/44 for 183 yards with 1 TD and 3 INTs. Is this a set of numbers that means a guy sucks? Or, since you mean four games, what about an average of 204 yards per game with 7 TDs and 5 INTs?

Those numbers are about the same, right? 40 more yards per game, 2 TDs, but with 2 more INTs. Pretty equal, I'd say.

So, does that guy suck?

His name is Tom Brady. The four games were in 2002 (In succession, from Oct. 6th to Nov. 3rd of 2002). The year after he won his first Super Bowl, and the year before he won his second Super Bowl.

You could go find four games like that for any great QB. But this is Cassel's first four games of this new offense.

I have no clue what it would take to convince myself that he won't improve with experience. Maybe some good drugs or a string of concussions?

He is starting out slow, trying to get comfortable with what is expected of him. And that is a huge adjustment from the way he was holding the ball in previous seasons.

I say we wait and see if Weiss feels as discouraged as some of us do. I am betting he doesn't, and won't.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    To those of you defending Cassel I ask how? Sure if you throw in the passes that got dropped he was better. By reverse logic Bowe didn't play that bad if he'd have caught those passes.
    Your reverse logic is missing something.

"If Bowe had done his job right, Cassel would have looked alot better."

"If Bowe would have done his job right, then Bowe would have looked alot better."

Do you see the major difference?

Cassel looks better if someone else doesn't blow it for him, while Bowe looks better if he, himself, doesn't blow it.

Cassel was made to look worse by someone else's failure. Bowe was made to look worse by ... himself.
    Last edited by chief31; 10-16-2010 at 02:49 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567