Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: To cassel haters this wasn't his fault

Default To cassel haters this wasn't his fault

Dwayne bowed dropped a sure td pass and they should have went for the fg at the beginning. Not to mention the conservative playcalling. Cassel was just caling the plays he was told to do. You cassel haters need to get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Can someone please specifically point out to me then, where Cassel went wrong instead of throwing a stat out there that has other variables to support the incompletion. I pointed out the 4th and 2 throw. Bad pass and that was Cassels fault

I have heard poor decision making, but I am not sure what plays those people are referring too Even then we don't know what was called either.

I can say, Cassel had one very poor ball thrown towards Bowe in the end zone, and Bowe screamed that he was being held. Which seems to be what Bowe does every time he can't get open, or fails to make a play on a ball, but he wasn't going to catch it anyway.

He did fumble a ball when the game was basically already over.

I saw just as much to defend Cassel's decision making like the supposed quick Slant to Bowe that was busted up and Cassel wisely threw it away, the very series after Bowe dropped to, so his decision making was correct there.

I am not saying he is perfect. I just didn't see the logic in people blasting into him this game. He didn't lose the game for us but he did have the ball in the right position at least once that could have won it for us.
    Bowe dropped the pass and we kicked a field goal so it never "lost" us the game. As Canada pointed out those 4 points and the field goal when we went for it on 4th & 2 would have been 7 pts not 10. And if you start talking about momentum it's not college. These guys are paid professionals and while I'll agree there's some short of a 3 & out by the time the other squad gets back on the field that "momentum" has been forgot about.

If Cassel is constantly needing hand holding to get "confidence" then I don't want him as our QB. Do I like a guy that gets fired up when he does something right. Sure! But I don't want someone that goes thru the highs and lows. QB's are supposed to be even keeled.

Ok...so here we go...like you said forcing the ball into somewhere it never was gonna go on 4th & 2.

Kansas City Chiefs at 4:02, 1st & 10 @ Indy 39 - (No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Cassel pass incomplete short right to D.Bowe [D.Freeney]. I believe this is the one where he rolls out to the right and then throws a pass that lands on the turf with the closest Chief 10 yards away. If that wasn't where it happened it was either that series or the one that started at 11:09 in the 4th. As for trying to jump on Cassel and beat him I'm not trying to do anything. Just pointing out what happened and that he's not going to be our QBotF. Each of us are entitled to our opinions and that's mine. If I'm wrong I'll be more than happy to eat crow because that means that Cassel is playing good which means the Chiefs are kicking even more @ss.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
    The sideline play I'm referring to was a Chiefs pass play..It was 3rd and 15 to go for a first down and Cassell connected for a first down on the sideline..The play was called back because of holding (clearly was not) and they were forced to punt..
    Gotcha! I didn't think it was one in the same, I wasn't able to watch every play or the entire game, but I saw this one you're talking about also!! I forgot about that one, and you're correct, it was a bad call IMO too! I told my daughter at that point, "Indy seems to always be favored by refs!", she said, "mom, you always say that when the Chiefs play Indy or Denver!" I told her cause it's TRUE!! lol

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Bowe dropped the pass and we kicked a field goal so it never "lost" us the game. As Canada pointed out those 4 points and the field goal when we went for it on 4th & 2 would have been 7 pts not 10. And if you start talking about momentum it's not college. These guys are paid professionals and while I'll agree there's some short of a 3 & out by the time the other squad gets back on the field that "momentum" has been forgot about.

If Cassel is constantly needing hand holding to get "confidence" then I don't want him as our QB. Do I like a guy that gets fired up when he does something right. Sure! But I don't want someone that goes thru the highs and lows. QB's are supposed to be even keeled.

Ok...so here we go...like you said forcing the ball into somewhere it never was gonna go on 4th & 2.

Kansas City Chiefs at 4:02, 1st & 10 @ Indy 39 - (No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Cassel pass incomplete short right to D.Bowe [D.Freeney]. I believe this is the one where he rolls out to the right and then throws a pass that lands on the turf with the closest Chief 10 yards away. If that wasn't where it happened it was either that series or the one that started at 11:09 in the 4th. As for trying to jump on Cassel and beat him I'm not trying to do anything. Just pointing out what happened and that he's not going to be our QBotF. Each of us are entitled to our opinions and that's mine. If I'm wrong I'll be more than happy to eat crow because that means that Cassel is playing good which means the Chiefs are kicking even more @ss.
    Freeny wasn't even blocked. I saw Manning make many throws into the ground because he was rushed. He avoided the sack. The end ruslt wasn't great but it wasn't bad either.

It completely changed to momentum. I don't know about you but at that point in time, I knew we were going to win. After the dropped passes, and the field goal. The whole momentum changed. It gave life back to the crowd.

While we will never know if it won or lost the game. It would have made a big difference. The Chiefs may have elected to run the ball more, with a lead instead of throwing to Bowe again on the first play of the next drive making it 3rd and long, and essentionally killed more clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    You know who is really to blame here. Jamal Charles for fumbling the ball. That would have never happened if it was Jones carrying the ball.

Don't forget Succops missed field goal or poor on sides kick. That on sides was all but good if the ball went far enough. We need a new kicker...

Stupid coach going for it on 4th and 2 and for trying the on sides kick, we should have played Herm Ball on the Road against one of the highest scoring offenses in the NFL.

The refs hosed us too..

This is all sarcasm but there was just as many variables that helped lose the game, that should take equal blame for the loss, but I guess Cassel is the whipping boy for those fans just waiting for a loss to unload on him.

Seriously people are actually defending Duane Bowes drops on the fact that Cassel didn't pass him the ball enough before that pass to get warmed up.... Really!!!! That is why Bowe dropped that ball. He was not warmed up. Given that logic, you should look at Bowe for not catching passes on the side line at every Time out Like TG used to do.

Nail on head.

And lets for instance play the what if game. I've said before that we played the perfect game to beat Indy we just didn't capitalize on our opportunities.

Lets for sake of what if say that we kicked the FG on 4-2. game is tied 3-3. That alone would make ending score 19-12.

Now for another what if. Lets say Bowe catches the TD pass. That would have made the score 16-12 KC. Now Indy does what they did and gets a TD score 19-16. Our last drive with 1:20 left instead of trying to kick a 51-yrd field goal which succop hasn't been able to make anything over 48 all season or pre-season. We go for it and try to pick up a few more yards. In hope that if we DO fail we can stop indy and get another shot at kicking a field goal. Which we were able to drive down before half and do.

NOW lets take out the Jamal Charles Fumble where we were already in FG range. End score 19-19 and we go to OT. One coin flip away from being able to drive into FG range.

Lot of what If's but that circumstance right there takes my blame off cassel and places it elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Well let us also not forget that Cassel put the ball on the ground too. He had it in both hands and just... dropped it. That was another nail in the lid of the coffin. While it did not result in a turnover, neither fumble did, they were both contribitions to a disappointing loss.
    That is very true as well. That's why I have said that Cassel is part of the reason why we lost yesterday. He made pleanty of mistakes but some are acting like he was the only thing holding this team back. There were many others who made mistakes I think to much blame is being put on Cassel who for the most part did not do anything to really hurt the team.

Seems to me like many people on here are using Bowe's dropped pass as a way to bail out Matt Cassel. Cassel made poor decisions specially on 3rd downs. When he does have plenty of time to throw the ball he holds on to it or throws it away. I found myself yelling at the TV "Throw the damn ball". Doesn't give his receivers legitamate chances. The one time that he did in the end zone to Bowe, everyone on here uses it to defend Cassel for the whole game. Of course Bowe messed up, however their weren't many balls thrown in his direction to make a play. Why didn't we get the ball in Mccluster's hands. He's a playmaker and all he did was punt returns. Coaching lost this game and so did Matt Cassel. Officiating also helped the Colts big time. Sure Bowe could have won this game for us but he didn't lose the game for us. I believe the recievers weren't given enough chances. Cassel needs to get rid of that damn ball and trust his revceivers. Love the defense! GO CHIEFS!

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    Seems to me like many people on here are using Bowe's dropped pass as a way to bail out Matt Cassel. Cassel made poor decisions specially on 3rd downs. When he does have plenty of time to throw the ball he holds on to it or throws it away. I found myself yelling at the TV "Throw the damn ball". Doesn't give his receivers legitamate chances. The one time that he did in the end zone to Bowe, everyone on here uses it to defend Cassel for the whole game. Of course Bowe messed up, however their weren't many balls thrown in his direction to make a play. Why didn't we get the ball in Mccluster's hands. He's a playmaker and all he did was punt returns. Coaching lost this game and so did Matt Cassel. Officiating also helped the Colts big time. Sure Bowe could have won this game for us but he didn't lose the game for us. I believe the recievers weren't given enough chances. Cassel needs to get rid of that damn ball and trust his revceivers. Love the defense! GO CHIEFS!
    So you can see on TV that the Receivers are actually open. I can tell from the two home games that I was in attendence for. The receivers are not getting open. Moeaki seems to be open more often than our receivers.

Cassel is being charged with not turning the ball over, and avoiding sacks. Weis has him playing so conservative,That if a receiver is covered he is not going to put the ball in harm of being picked off. When a receiver is open, Cassel is pretty accurate. So when you yell at him to get rid of the Damn ball, He is still looking for an open receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    Cassel needs to get rid of that damn ball and trust
    his revceivers. CHIEFS!
    hard to trust your receivers when they fail to catch the ball...you must have forgotten that bowe led the league in dropped passes last year, and the qb position is all about confidence IMO. No sacks and zero picks seems to be not that big of a deal to a lot of you and I dont get that.

We are bottlenecked by our QB and WR's this year. I sure hope it's not ignored in the offseason. On the plus side, we've given up less sacks than any team in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post
    Dwayne bowed dropped a sure td pass and they should have went for the fg at the beginning. Not to mention the conservative playcalling. Cassel was just caling the plays he was told to do. You cassel haters need to get a life.
    I would suggest that the "Cassel haters" discontent with Cassel does in no way suggest that they are without a life.

...That is all.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast