Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Typical.

Default Typical.

Okay, I know I am a total homer and I also know that we have made a wealth of mistakes in our first two games.

That being said, I still feel that there is no reason to panic. The Chiefs were 0-2 last year and still managed to get into the playoffs. This is typical for Edwards, whose teams are known for starting slow and finishing strong.

4 out of 5 years with the Jets, Edwards' team had a losing record at the beginning of the season. 3 out of 5 years, they made the playoffs.

This early uphill climb is normal with a team coached by Edwards. While the early-season situation Herm tends to get into is less than ideal, you can bet that this team will be playing a lot better later in the season.

What I saw against the Bears last week was a team that played well enough to give themselves some chances to win over a team that was in the superbowl last year. As the offense comes together and improves this season look for us to capitalize on some of these opportunities and win some games. Especially if the Chiefs can dramatically reduce the number of penalties and turnovers we have seen thus far.

In my opinion, the only thing that gives the Chiefs a chance of getting to the next level is the fact that this roster hosts more talent than it gets credit for. If the offense can gel and we can eliminate some mistakes on that side of the ball as well as special teams, we have the potential to be a very dangerous team with how our defense is playing right now.

Again, I know I'm a total homer but if this team gets on a roll, I really think we can run some people over. Nobody has been surprised yet by anything the Chiefs have done thus far, but I think that is about to change this week against the Vikings.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

I'm glad someone has caught on to the whole 0-2 thing as well. I try to point that out, but no one seems to pay attention. I still think we can salvage something IF our offense can gel. Our special teams needsto start playing like they did in preseason, too. Kick that ball high, Mr Colquitt. We need some time to get to the other end of the field.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Okay, I know I am a total homer and I also know that we have made a wealth of mistakes in our first two games.

That being said, I still feel that there is no reason to panic. The Chiefs were 0-2 last year and still managed to get into the playoffs. This is typical for Edwards, whose teams are known for starting slow and finishing strong.

4 out of 5 years with the Jets, Edwards' team had a losing record at the beginning of the season. 3 out of 5 years, they made the playoffs.

This early uphill climb is normal with a team coached by Edwards. While the early-season situation Herm tends to get into is less than ideal, you can bet that this team will be playing a lot better later in the season.

What I saw against the Bears last week was a team that played well enough to give themselves some chances to win over a team that was in the superbowl last year. As the offense comes together and improves this season look for us to capitalize on some of these opportunities and win some games. Especially if the Chiefs can dramatically reduce the number of penalties and turnovers we have seen thus far.

In my opinion, the only thing that gives the Chiefs a chance of getting to the next level is the fact that this roster hosts more talent than it gets credit for. If the offense can gel and we can eliminate some mistakes on that side of the ball as well as special teams, we have the potential to be a very dangerous team with how our defense is playing right now.

Again, I know I'm a total homer but if this team gets on a roll, I really think we can run some people over. Nobody has been surprised yet by anything the Chiefs have done thus far, but I think that is about to change this week against the Vikings.

I am constantly surprised by what HERM does. I guess I should be used to it by now but it takes time to get used to mediocrity and poor decision making.

If you are constantly making poor decisions you need to stop and think "OK I need to do the exact opposite of what I did before."

Kind of like when George Costanza decided to do exactly the opposite of what he normally would have done.

Before he knew it he had the girl, the job, everything.

Learn from George, HERM, learn from George.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    I'm glad someone has caught on to the whole 0-2 thing as well. I try to point that out, but no one seems to pay attention. I still think we can salvage something IF our offense can gel. Our special teams needsto start playing like they did in preseason, too. Kick that ball high, Mr Colquitt. We need some time to get to the other end of the field.
    Yeah, I think I remember you saying something about it in another thread. Also, I seem to remember our punt coverage being pretty good against Houston and the playcalling was not so vanilla on the first drive of that game as it was against the Bears. Nothing looks good when you're 0-2 but there have been a few flashes of the potential this team has so far, IMO. The Chiefs' players know that they are a good team and all the doubting and adversity they are facing right now may actually help them to "circle the wagons", so to speak.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

NIce. But for me, this game against the Vikings is a "must-win" game. While all of the world and their "San Diego sucks, since they got blown-out" kind of mentallity may be thinking that the Chiefs world has become engulfed in flames, I have another game, before I can even feel the heat. My expectations are still as low as they were, coming into the season, but my hopes haven't gone anywhere either.

All of the world seems to be thinking that the Green Bay Packers are suddenly a playoff team. Aside from Packers fans, did any of them have the Pack going to the playoffs before they were given a freebie by the Eagles and they managed to put up some points against the very sad Giants defense?

Every week, these people are amazed by something and remain that way, until the next stunning developement.

For me, the only real stunner this young season, is the poor play by the Saints. But, count on this, from the rest of the world, they will be awestruck, when the Saints pull it back together and shocked by the fact that their preseason Super Bowl pick, the Chargers re-emerge as a top team.

That is the mentallity of the masses. They get to enjoy sixteen full seasons per year. Every week, some team that was a world beater the previous week, will become a cellar-dweller. And every week, some team that was worthless last week, will be on their way to the Super Bowl.

It is two weeks people. And, not just any two weeks, but the two most unpredictable weeks of the year, the first two, when teams are still shaking off the rust from the offseason and shuffling their deck together. Every year some teams start great and finish poorly, while others start out looking bad and wind-up contending.

Everyone should step back and get a broader perspective about things.

Quote Originally Posted by libranoelrose View Post
    I guess I should be used to it by now but it takes time to get used to mediocrity and poor decision making.
    you're a Chiefs fan....you've been mediocre for some time now....about 50 years or so. How much time do you need?

The Defense is doing its job. They have given up some plays, big deal. It's because the offensive side didn't give the defense some time to stay off of the field. What was it like 2/3 of the games the defense was on the field, and the other third the offense wasn't converting on third downs.

On the offensive side, I agree we have all the potential elements to be a good time. We've got some big names, playmakers but no production. Everyone just has to be on the same page and believe that it can happen. It doesn't help that our o-line is kind of weak, but its only 2 games.

I really look forward to seeing Dwayne Bowe making some big plays down the season. He's looking to be something spectacular. We haven't had a showtime receiver in a while, he's it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    you're a Chiefs fan....you've been mediocre for some time now....about 50 years or so. How much time do you need?
    Ok I should say I'm not used to it so early in the season. We usually don't break down this bad until we lose in the post season.

My bad...
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Chiefs world has become engulfed in flames, I have another game, before I can even feel the heat.

Everyone should step back and get a broader perspective about things.
    first off, for the first time in a LONG time i've felt like there's acutally a light at the end of the tunnel. it may not happen this year, but ppl really need to start looking at this team for what it is...a young, solid foundation for the future. This team is gaining experience...it IS the youngest team in the league after all and yes, we just gave the defending NFC champs all they could handle... that was impressive... this team won't be shooting themselves in the foot forever.

You're right, everyone should take a step back and gain a broader perspective. Look at this team and Herm Edwards PAST this season!!

TRUE, this is a young team. And we should take a broader perspective of this season.

Rex Grossman, isn't exactly a good quarterback either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast