Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Tony, why?

Default Why Tony, why?

From: http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=275245

"I had Larry Johnson, and I had Priest Holmes," Richardson says of the Pro Bowl running backs he blocked for in Kansas City, "but I never had a guy like A.P. They obviously had some talent, but A.P. . . ."
    Richardson's eyebrows are raised. His eyeballs are bulging. You get the picture.

Wow... I can't believe Tony turned on us like this...

It's one thing to stick up for your running back, but to dis LJ and Priest like that...

He just lost some respect from a huge fan of his.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post

"I had Larry Johnson, and I had Priest Holmes," Richardson says of the Pro Bowl running backs he blocked for in Kansas City, "but I never had a guy like A.P. They obviously had some talent, but A.P. . . ."
    Richardson's eyebrows are raised. His eyeballs are bulging. You get the picture.

It's one thing to stick up for your running back, but to dis LJ and Priest like that...

I agree. It's crazy how people are so willing to jump on the bandwagon of a young running back. A.P. is good but he's a rookie. To insinuate that he is better than Priest or LJ is totally unfounded. He has a ways to go and a few years worth of dues to pay before he can be in that category. Our defense will remind Richardson of this on Sunday, I have no doubt.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

this is a very common political move for football players to do. It is normal. Talk up your new teammates...creates chemistry and confidence. He truly doesnt mean what he says.

dont be offended. if you are offended then good, you deserve to be, for being so shallow and for caring so much about another person's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    this is a very common political move for football players to do. It is normal. Talk up your new teammates...creates chemistry and confidence. He truly doesnt mean what he says.

dont be offended. if you are offended then good, you deserve to be, for being so shallow and for caring so much about another person's opinion.
    You are a work of art.
    Everything happens for a reason.

He's just representing his new team.

The quote gets plastered all over the media, but the "baited" question never does. He is teammates now with AP, and was probably asked the question in a way that he had to answer that way so as to avoid locker room issues.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    The quote gets plastered all over the media, but the "baited" question never does. He is teammates now with AP, and was probably asked the question in a way that he had to answer that way so as to avoid locker room issues.
    My whole point is he didn't have to call them out by name...

He could have just said " I have blocked for some tremendous running backs, but this guy, he's something else."

He threw two of the greatest running backs of all time (after all time will tell) under the bus.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

My whole point is he didn't have to call them out by name...

He could have just said " I have blocked for some tremendous running backs, but this guy, he's something else."

He threw two of the greatest running backs of all time (after all time will tell) under the bus.
    True, but the question probably read something to the effect of..."How does blocking for AP compare to blocking for Priest &/or LJ?" A halfway intelligent reporter can bait a question for a controversial soundbite...
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    True, but the question probably read something to the effect of..."How does blocking for AP compare to blocking for Priest &/or LJ?"
    All right you got me, didn't think about the press that much in this thread.

Good call.

A diplomat's work is never done

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast