Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here is why the Indy game is a victory

Default Here is why the Indy game is a victory

I was at the game yesterday and I think we did better than anyone outside our organization thought we would.

Colts 2010 averages- scoring 27.2 pts, total yards 397, pass yds 317.2, rush yds 79.8

Sunday 19 pts, 341 yds, 244 pass, 97 run

The colts are a team built for that stadium and we held them under there average, an average with 3 games played on a real football field, outdoors.

We held them to a red zone efficiency of 33%. A team with 11 td passes, we held Manning to 0 td passes people. Thats awesome.

The chiefs only had four penalties for 38 yds, in a pretty hostile environment.

We lost the time of possesion by about 10 minutes, that is why we lost the game on the scoreboard.

We knew our offense was suspect and it did pretty well in a tough place to play, our defense was outstanding and the t-o-p is the only thing that beat them.

I had several colts fans come up to me while we were leaving and say my team is for real and this game cold have went either way.

4 games into the season and I think we are doing just fine.

That's nice to hear what the Colts fans said to you, and I read some of the same by Colts fans here & there on the internet. They didn't think for one minute this game was over until it was over, didn't take the Chiefs for granted as being a 'fluke'.

I agree with your positive outlooks. A loss could've been a total embarrassment, but was the opposite. Even with the loss we appear to have gained respect, and more than anything isn't that what we hoped for by winning?

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I agree if not for the lack of our run game in the second half we would have maintained the time of posession and probably would have won.
    We are stilll going up hill in my opninion.

Agreed- this is a minor blip in the season. I hope to see us get it WAY back on track against the Texans.

Our defense is badass! They can only do so much though. They did more then I expected them to. Tamba Hali, is a warrior. Did you see that blood running from his face. Unfortunatley it was our pass game that lost it for us. CHIEFS had it! Bowe dropping that pass, and Matt Cassel just not finding his targets. Eventually our pass game will have to win some games for us. Teams know our weakness is our passing game and that allows them to focus on our rushing game. Chiefs still did a very good job against a tough Colts team and lost with much respect. GO CHIEFS!

That game was a win for the Defense for sure. They went against one of the top qbs in the NFL and were pretty darn good. You can't say that about the offense. But we now can say we have one side of the ball covered with a group of mostly young players. That is good to here.

One thing i did see after Charles lost the ball on the turnover. He came to the sideline looking like he just lost the game for us and Jones was right next to him making sure he was good to go for the next possession.

I'm still convinced those pink gloves guys have been wearing the past couple weeks are made of a different compound and are a bit slicker. Bowe was not the only wideout to have trouble with those gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    One thing i did see after Charles lost the ball on the turnover. He came to the sideline looking like he just lost the game for us and Jones was right next to him making sure he was good to go for the next possession.

I'm still convinced those pink gloves guys have been wearing the past couple weeks are made of a different compound and are a bit slicker. Bowe was not the only wideout to have trouble with those gloves.
    I wondered about the gloves too, but Bowe's reaction indicated he blamed himself, rather than gloves. I give him credit for that. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

there were a lot of positives to take away from that game, the defense played well and took away the big play which has plagued us the last few seasons. but we did get dinked and dunked to death. cassel did make a couple great throws however he made a few clunkers too...and so did manning. the pass rush seemed to put pressure on manning most of the time. the hitting and tackling looked really solid. we ran off tackle well but no so good between. for a teamed that really sucked for three seasons things are lookin up.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    there were a lot of positives to take away from that game, the defense played well and took away the big play which has plagued us the last few seasons. but we did get dinked and dunked to death. cassel did make a couple great throws however he made a few clunkers too...and so did manning. the pass rush seemed to put pressure on manning most of the time. the hitting and tackling looked really solid. we ran off tackle well but no so good between. for a teamed that really sucked for three seasons things are lookin up.
    I think there were far more positvies then negitives in that game. We had our chances to beat the defending AFC champs in there house. The bowe drop Charles fumble dj missed a pick give us two of those plays back we have a real good chance to win that football game. But when was the last time you can say that we had a real chance to beat one of the top teams and one of the top qbs in there house. I think more good then bad come out of that game.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast