Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm tired of this conservative play calling on offense

Default I'm tired of this conservative play calling on offense

Our special teams is by no means conservative neither is our D but our offense is. Matt Cassel is supposed to be our QBOTF lets see what he can do, I wanna see him throw the ball more and I also wanna see him wait for a play to develop not just throw the ball in the dirt. If this is "The Guy" lets treat him as such. I'm glad he's avoiding sacks and not throwing interceptions, but lets try make some more throws because sometimes like last sunday we are going to need Matt to be able to throw the ball well. Same goes for Dwayne Bowe he needs to catch the ball I am giving both of these guys a year to see what they can do. If Dwayne Bowe doesn't step up he needs to be traded same to Cassel though. Our team is actually very good aside from passing, if Bowe isn't getting it done lets see what Horn or Mccluster or hell anyone can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    Screw the playcalling I am happy with
    3-1. Sounds as if you want it to be more exciting and fun to watch. Our guys can crawl into the endzone and run with there pants around their ankles and if we continue to win who cares what plays are called. Our pass offense will get better if matt would go to the line with more than one route in mind.
    Or confidence in who is throwing to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    Screw the playcalling I am happy with
    3-1. Sounds as if you want it to be more exciting and fun to watch. Our guys can crawl into the endzone and run with there pants around their ankles and if we continue to win who cares what plays are called. Our pass offense will get better if matt would go to the line with more than one route in mind.
    Amen brother!!!

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Our special teams is by no means conservative neither is our D but our offense is. Matt Cassel is supposed to be our QBOTF lets see what he can do, I wanna see him throw the ball more and I also wanna see him wait for a play to develop not just throw the ball in the dirt. If this is "The Guy" lets treat him as such. I'm glad he's avoiding sacks and not throwing interceptions, but lets try make some more throws because sometimes like last sunday we are going to need Matt to be able to throw the ball well. Same goes for Dwayne Bowe he needs to catch the ball I am giving both of these guys a year to see what they can do. If Dwayne Bowe doesn't step up he needs to be traded same to Cassel though. Our team is actually very good aside from passing, if Bowe isn't getting it done lets see what Horn or Mccluster or hell anyone can do.

I in many ways agree. As time goes on if all we have is a running game we are dead in the water. We need to mix it up more, catch em off guard. Let's cut him loose and see what he can really do. I want Cassel to succeed more than anything. We will need to be better at that passing game this week vs the Texans for sure.

OK, you are not really a fan are you? Do you even watch the same team that I watch?

Look at the Cleveland game, the 49ers game, both of those games were far from conservative. The 49ers game in particular was very agressive and far from run of the mill.

Here is one thing for sure, if teams cannot stop the run, then we will not stop going to the run. We did not pick up these runningbacks in order to throw the ball all the time. This team is not going to be Indy.

I am sorry, I am really losing faith that you know anything about this team. You are clearly not watching the same team that I am watching.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Word!
    **ChiefsChick**

Our special teams success in the first three games made the offenses job much easier. At Indy we faced a team that played above there average for the season on special teams which made every start for us from a long field. I mostly agree with what your saying but as a general rule when rebuilding the defense comes around then the offense. I look at it this way, fourth game into the 09 season had we went to Indy we would have received a major beat down. 2010 we held with them until the fourth quarter with there core starting line up. Manning Wayne Clark garçon addai. Both teams have some new personell but our team is much improved. 3-1 afc west first place, it will come full circle in time.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    I in many ways agree. As time goes on if all we have is a running game we are dead in the water. We need to mix it up more, catch em off guard. Let's cut him loose and see what he can really do. I want Cassel to succeed more than anything. We will need to be better at that passing game this week vs the Texans for sure.
    Agree Texans have crap pass defense this is Matt's chance to show what he can do.

Agree Texans have crap pass defense this is Matt's chance to show what he can do.
    He will do nothing more or less than he has to this point. The offense called is to help him. Similar to the offense Jacksonville runs.

I'm curious simply because on other threads and in general I have heard people say I am DONE with Bowe. He can take a long walk off a short pier!

What would Cassel need to do or not do to get you to say the same thing about him?

People seem to give Cassel every excuse possible and blame everyone else so I'm curious what the tipping point is. Thoughts?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast