Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I'm tired of this conservative play calling on offense

Default I'm tired of this conservative play calling on offense

Our special teams is by no means conservative neither is our D but our offense is. Matt Cassel is supposed to be our QBOTF lets see what he can do, I wanna see him throw the ball more and I also wanna see him wait for a play to develop not just throw the ball in the dirt. If this is "The Guy" lets treat him as such. I'm glad he's avoiding sacks and not throwing interceptions, but lets try make some more throws because sometimes like last sunday we are going to need Matt to be able to throw the ball well. Same goes for Dwayne Bowe he needs to catch the ball I am giving both of these guys a year to see what they can do. If Dwayne Bowe doesn't step up he needs to be traded same to Cassel though. Our team is actually very good aside from passing, if Bowe isn't getting it done lets see what Horn or Mccluster or hell anyone can do.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Cassel went 11-5 on the pats, on a good team. The Chiefs are becoming a good team, every week there is improvement on this team.

Jamaal had two fumbles Sunday, one in the red zone 3rd down which he was able to recover. There was enough open field that it should have been a first down. Second fumble was in field goal range and the colts recovered the ball. No one seems to point out these two things when saying Bowe lost the game for us.

For the record I am not a big fan of D Bowe, but this loss was not entirely his fault either.

Cassel has shown this year he is in control of the offense, thats the main point of developement at this point. We are 3-1, he is still developing but doing his job.
    I think the reason Bowe is getting more crap is because it is more of a regular accurance with him. Its not like Jamaal fumbles very ofter where as Bowe drop a lot of balls. I do agree however that all parts of the offense are in part to blame for the lack of production, but I also think that they will get it rolling before the season is over and we could really be a much better team than most people expected. A good playoff run may not be out of the question at all!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Cassel went 11-5 on the pats, on a good team. The Chiefs are becoming a good team, every week there is improvement on this team.

Jamaal had two fumbles Sunday, one in the red zone 3rd down which he was able to recover. There was enough open field that it should have been a first down. Second fumble was in field goal range and the colts recovered the ball. No one seems to point out these two things when saying Bowe lost the game for us.

For the record I am not a big fan of D Bowe, but this loss was not entirely his fault either.

Cassel has shown this year he is in control of the offense, thats the main point of developement at this point. We are 3-1, he is still developing but doing his job.
    You honestly think Cassel and Bowe are comparable to Jamaal Charles? Jamaal Charles is a top ten back and right now is the only consistent part of our offense. I truly believe he won 3 out of 4 games last year. He did fumble the ball but he has also averages 6.5 yards a carry. I'll take a couple fumbles when you take into consideration what he brings.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    You honestly think Cassel and Bowe are comparable to Jamaal Charles? Jamaal Charles is a top ten back and right now is the only consistent part of our offense. I truly believe he won 3 out of 4 games last year. He did fumble the ball but he has also averages 6.5 yards a carry. I'll take a couple fumbles when you take into consideration what he brings.
    I look at this as a team effort.

On Sunday best case scenario Charles -14 pts. Bowe -7 pts. Cassels double fumble -7 pts.

Take out two of the four and we win that game.

I already stated I don't care if Bowe is here or not. Charles we need more than anyone on the offensive roster this year. Cassel is developing.

I think you want instant gratification from this team and I am more willing to crucify this team after the season is over if we lay a big turd. So far we haven't.
    Last edited by #58ChiefsFan; 10-13-2010 at 07:46 PM.

I look at this as a team effort.

On Sunday best case scenario Charles -14 pts. Bowe -7 pts. Cassels double fumble -7 pts.

Take out two of the four and we win that game.

I already stated I don't care if Bowe is here or not. Charles we need more than anyone on the offensive roster this year. Cassel is developing.

I think you want instant gratification from this team and I am more willing to crucify this team after the season is over if we lay a big turd. So far we haven't.
    I'm willing to give Matt Cassel and D-Bowe til the end of the year. If they both still aren't getting it done trade them

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I'm willing to give Matt Cassel and D-Bowe til the end of the year. If they both still aren't getting it done trade them
    I'd agree with that.

Problem may become IF their body of work for the year is the same as what we have seen thus far, there not going to be worth anything.

We have the development coaches in place to keep this from happening.

I'd agree with that.

Problem may become IF their body of work for the year is the same as what we have seen thus far, there not going to be worth anything.

We have the development coaches in place to keep this from happening.
    Then cut them, but I'm sure we can get a trade for Bowe, Cassel maybe not since his salary is so high but who knows Denver got an arm and a leg for Cutler.

I would like to see horne replace chambers in the starting lineup. Stretch the field and good things will happen for bowe, moeaki mccluster and charles

Quote Originally Posted by toyotapower View Post
    I would like to see horne replace chambers in the starting lineup. Stretch the field and good things will happen for bowe, moeaki mccluster and charles
    Sounds good Horne shows promise

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I'm curious simply because on other threads and in general I have heard people say I am DONE with Bowe. He can take a long walk off a short pier!

What would Cassel need to do or not do to get you to say the same thing about him?

People seem to give Cassel every excuse possible and blame everyone else so I'm curious what the tipping point is. Thoughts?
    Cassel has not been here as long as Bowe has been, did you think of that.

True. I like what Horne did in the Pre-season and hasn't been given a chance. As for Cassel, I think alot has to do with the play calling. I really think Weis doesn't trust him enough.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast