Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dwayne Bowe

Default Dwayne Bowe

I am loving that mother f'er right now. Love the td celebration.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I don't know anyone who says running the ball for 220 yards against the 5th rank run defense and top 5 offense isn't going to cut it. At no point this year has the Chiefs needed to put up point right away other than the second half of the 4th qtr in the INDY game.

the name of the game is gain more yards than your opponent and keep the ball as long as possible to limit their chances of scoring. You do that by running the ball.

The Chiefs had no problems converting 3rd downs this week to keep the chains moving using the pass. You run the ball to kill the clock. The Chiefs just needed one more first down and that game was good as over last week.

I would rather keep the offense the way it is instead of turning the ball over passing it every where.
    Seek Speak Truly!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I don't know anyone who says running the ball for 220 yards against the 5th rank run defense and top 5 offense isn't going to cut it. At no point this year has the Chiefs needed to put up point right away other than the second half of the 4th qtr in the INDY game.

the name of the game is gain more yards than your opponent and keep the ball as long as possible to limit their chances of scoring. You do that by running the ball.

The Chiefs had no problems converting 3rd downs this week to keep the chains moving using the pass. You run the ball to kill the clock. The Chiefs just needed one more first down and that game was good as over last week.

I would rather keep the offense the way it is instead of turning the ball over passing it every where.
    Could've fooled me, I thought the name of the game was to score more points than the other team. haha

Sorry just a difference in opinion. I've watched WAY TOO MANY games where teams try that game plan only to have it bite them in the a$$ cuz the other team gets the ball last and wins with a final drive that takes them 1 minute to score a TD. Oh wait, that happened to the Chiefs last week!!!

And they did have a problem moving the ball on 3rd down their final drive. THATS why they lost the game. And it almost cost them the game against the Chargers.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    I don't think there is any need for a dramatic change in the way the offense is run. The defense is clearly the reason we lost that game last week and we are playing a similar team with a back up QB from what I am hearing. Remember, we put up 30 + points so I think for now our offense is just fine operating the way it is. Asking for too much could result in turn overs which is the #1 way to lose games.
    I agree. But I would like to know that we are capable of scoring in a hurry, when we need to.

Also....(Not to you, individually, DH)

When you factor-in the rushing yards (228) for the offense, against The Texans, I think any OC, or HC, would be happy to have an offense with 417 yards from scrimmage.

But I don't think we can count on 228 yards on the ground, regularly.

If we are unable to trust the defense, (hopefully, this week was a fluke) then we are going to frequently find ourselves in need of hurry-up points.

But, if we are going to be able to rely on our defense, as The Steelers, Ravens, or Jets do, then I would be ok with keeping the passing game on the back shelf.

As-is, I do prefer to see all aspects getting the experience needed for next season, and beyond.
    Last edited by chief31; 10-21-2010 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I agree. But I would like to know that we are capable of scoring in a hurry, when we need to.

Also....(Not to you, individually, DH)

When you factor-in the rushing yards (228) for the offense, against The Texans, I think any OC, or HC, would be happy to have an offense with 417 yards from scrimmage.

But I don't think we can count on 228 yards on the ground, regularly.

If we are unable to trust the defense, (hopefully, this week was a fluke) then we are going to frequently find ourselves in need of hurry-up points.

But, if we are going to be able to rely on our defense, as The Steelers, Ravens, or Jets do, then I would be ok with keeping the passing game on the back shelf.

As-is, I do prefer to see all aspects getting the experience needed for next season, and beyond.
    I agree. This is what I was the point I was trying to make.

I don't believe the Chiefs defense is at the level of the Steelers, Ravens, and Jets so they can't really rely on the defense to win games yet.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    I agree. This is what I was the point I was trying to make.

I don't believe the Chiefs defense is at the level of the Steelers, Ravens, and Jets so they can't really rely on the defense to win games yet.
    Wouldn't mind, in the least, if our defense did become that dependable though.

WE used ot have a quick stike offense in 2003 and it didnt get us anywhere. I think the reason they dont have Cassel out there airing the ball out is because he is still learning and the coachingstaff are bringing him along slowly. I know everyone wants to see up winning now (myself included) but we are winning (and staying in games) with the run and good defense while our QB learns to manage a game. I am sure that the plan is to eventually let Cassel tak the ball and go out and win us games, but we are not at that point yet. It will come but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Cassel is being handled exacty as he should be.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Could've fooled me, I thought the name of the game was to score more points than the other team. haha

Sorry just a difference in opinion. I've watched WAY TOO MANY games where teams try that game plan only to have it bite them in the a$$ cuz the other team gets the ball last and wins with a final drive that takes them 1 minute to score a TD. Oh wait, that happened to the Chiefs last week!!!

And they did have a problem moving the ball on 3rd down their final drive. THATS why they lost the game. And it almost cost them the game against the Chargers.
    so, it is your opinion that the offense lost the game because of one drive, but the defense getting tourched had nothing to do with it.

I bet the percentages of a team losing with 220 rushing yards, passing for 200 yards, scored 31 points, controlled TOP with 33.28 to 26.32 and had no turn overs has to be very very low... You look at those stats and say it was the offense. What the F????. There is nothing about the offense that needed to be changed other than short yardage runs.. Not the bomb.

so, it is your opinion that the offense lost the game because of one drive, but the defense getting tourched had nothing to do with it.

I bet the percentages of a team losing with 220 rushing yards, passing for 200 yards, scored 31 points, controlled TOP with 33.28 to 26.32 and had no turn overs has to be very very low... You look at those stats and say it was the offense. What the F????. There is nothing about the offense that needed to be changed other than short yardage runs.. Not the bomb.
    Now go look at the number in the Chiefs vs Chargers or Chargers vs Raiders game......... Thats all I have to say about that subject.

And I'm not saying I'm not happy with what the Chiefs are doing. I think they are doing awesome and have a good chance of winning the division.

I'm not saying they need to go out there and do nothing but pass the ball. You either didn't read my other post or you're just not understanding them.

As stated before, the Chiefs defense isn't as good as teams like the Steelers, Ravens, or Jets. The Chiefs can not win close games by running the ball all the time. Its just not gonna happen. The field simply just needs to be opened up more. I think they did a lot better job against the Texans then the past games. But that lack of a passing game could've helped against the Colts (despite Bowe's dropped pass in the end zone).

Maybe I feel they are being a lil too conservative and could step out of their comfort zone just a lil bit. Or maybe its cuz I have a lil more faith in Cassel then most people do.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    WE used ot have a quick stike offense in 2003 and it didnt get us anywhere. I think the reason they dont have Cassel out there airing the ball out is because he is still learning and the coachingstaff are bringing him along slowly. I know everyone wants to see up winning now (myself included) but we are winning (and staying in games) with the run and good defense while our QB learns to manage a game. I am sure that the plan is to eventually let Cassel tak the ball and go out and win us games, but we are not at that point yet. It will come but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Cassel is being handled exacty as he should be.
    If I could have said it better myself, I would have!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Now go look at the number in the Chiefs vs Chargers or Chargers vs Raiders game......... Thats all I have to say about that subject.

And I'm not saying I'm not happy with what the Chiefs are doing. I think they are doing awesome and have a good chance of winning the division.

I'm not saying they need to go out there and do nothing but pass the ball. You either didn't read my other post or you're just not understanding them.

As stated before, the Chiefs defense isn't as good as teams like the Steelers, Ravens, or Jets. The Chiefs can not win close games by running the ball all the time. Its just not gonna happen. The field simply just needs to be opened up more. I think they did a lot better job against the Texans then the past games. But that lack of a passing game could've helped against the Colts (despite Bowe's dropped pass in the end zone).

Maybe I feel they are being a lil too conservative and could step out of their comfort zone just a lil bit. Or maybe its cuz I have a lil more faith in Cassel then most people do.
    what you are asking for isn't realistic. Every team strives to do what you are asking. ONLY a few teams can do what you are asking. We just don't have the personel or experience as those teams do. That Starts with Cassel, the Wr, TE, and the o-line We couldn't even throw up a hail Mary without pressure on Cassel.

The offense is conservative because that is what they have to do to win games. If this team falls behind big at the beginning of a game. It is over. Haley and the coaching staff know that, which is why they open it up and allow for sacks, or incomplete passes. They have to play the way they did.

Regardless, the defense lost the game against Houston. Now, the offense lost the game against Indy.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast