Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 64

Thread: Dwayne Bowe

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,014
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 4

    Default Dwayne Bowe


    0 Not allowed!
    I am loving that mother f'er right now. Love the td celebration.

  2. #51
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,912
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 424
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    WE used ot have a quick stike offense in 2003 and it didnt get us anywhere. I think the reason they dont have Cassel out there airing the ball out is because he is still learning and the coachingstaff are bringing him along slowly. I know everyone wants to see up winning now (myself included) but we are winning (and staying in games) with the run and good defense while our QB learns to manage a game. I am sure that the plan is to eventually let Cassel tak the ball and go out and win us games, but we are not at that point yet. It will come but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Cassel is being handled exacty as he should be.
    I have been on of the least hard on Cassel as I do think that they are bringing him along slowy as well. But I do think that we do need to open the offense up a little bit each week. I think we need to no by the end of this season if Matt Cassel is a long term QB in the NFL. I don't want to go into anther offseason wondering if he is the guy. If we are still trying to baby him along at the end of this season I think we have to bring someone in this next offseason.

  3. #52
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,014
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Now go look at the number in the Chiefs vs Chargers or Chargers vs Raiders game......... Thats all I have to say about that subject.

    And I'm not saying I'm not happy with what the Chiefs are doing. I think they are doing awesome and have a good chance of winning the division.

    I'm not saying they need to go out there and do nothing but pass the ball. You either didn't read my other post or you're just not understanding them.

    As stated before, the Chiefs defense isn't as good as teams like the Steelers, Ravens, or Jets. The Chiefs can not win close games by running the ball all the time. Its just not gonna happen. The field simply just needs to be opened up more. I think they did a lot better job against the Texans then the past games. But that lack of a passing game could've helped against the Colts (despite Bowe's dropped pass in the end zone).

    Maybe I feel they are being a lil too conservative and could step out of their comfort zone just a lil bit. Or maybe its cuz I have a lil more faith in Cassel then most people do.

    What am I looking for in the Charges games. They didn't put up 200 yards on us, and lost. They also have poor special teams and have turned the ball over. What is the similarities between our stats and those games????

    All I can see supporting any argument is that the Chiefs and Raiders, didn't let them score on every posession in the second half.

  4. #53
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I have been on of the least hard on Cassel as I do think that they are bringing him along slowy as well. But I do think that we do need to open the offense up a little bit each week. I think we need to no by the end of this season if Matt Cassel is a long term QB in the NFL. I don't want to go into anther offseason wondering if he is the guy. If we are still trying to baby him along at the end of this season I think we have to bring someone in this next offseason.
    One of the lowest in regards to turn overs and we have as good or better record than we have had in years and we have only played 5 games yet people are calling for a new QB. I must be brain dead because this is the most assinine thing I have ever heard. Is he Peyton Manning? NO. Is he Jason Campbell? No. Derek Anderson? No. Bruce Gradkowski? No. Cassel is doing what he is being told to do. He is NOT LOSING games for us. The running game and defense has been winning games and last week he broke out and had a great game regardless of some saying "he wasn't clutch" and that's why we lost. What a crock!!!! He threw 3 fricken TD's! He isn't getting sacked as much which is a combination of him doing things differently and the O line playing better. He's a Pro Bowler remember? Won 11 games with a team in the NFL. He knows the game and in time will break out. Weis is bringing him along just fine. By the way, Weis is considered a fantastic OC so he knows what he has in Cassel good or bad and has played him accordingly.
    Last edited by Drunker Hillbilly; 10-21-2010 at 01:16 PM.

  5. #54
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,912
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 424
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    One of the lowest in regards to turn overs and we have as good or better record than we have had in years and we have only played 5 games yet people are calling for a new QB. I must be brain dead because this is the most assinine thing I have ever heard. Is he Peyton Manning? NO. Is he Jason Campbell? No. Derek Anderson? No. Bruce Gradkowski? No. Cassel is doing what he is being told to do. He is NOT LOSING games for us. The running game and defense has been winning games and last week he broke out and had a great game regardless of some saying "he wasn't clutch" and that's why we lost. What a crock!!!! He threw 3 fricken TD's! He isn't getting sacked as much which is a combination of him doing things differently and the O line playing better. He's a Pro Bowler remember? Won 11 games with a team in the NFL. He knows the game and in time will break out. Weis is bringing him along just fine. By the way, Weis is considered a fantastic OC so he knows what he has in Cassel good or bad and has played him accordingly.
    Cassel is not loseing games I have to agree But at the same time I have yet to see him go out and WIN a game. Something that you have to be able to rely on your QB to do. At some point the Running game is going to be shut down in a key part of the game and he is going to have to make a play. Something that I have not seen from him. He did his part for the most part last week to win that game but It was still one on the l side. I am not one that thinks that he is a huge part of the problem. But he has to show that he can make the big plays when we need him to.

  6. #55
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Cassel is not loseing games I have to agree But at the same time I have yet to see him go out and WIN a game. Something that you have to be able to rely on your QB to do. At some point the Running game is going to be shut down in a key part of the game and he is going to have to make a play. Something that I have not seen from him. He did his part for the most part last week to win that game but It was still one on the l side. I am not one that thinks that he is a huge part of the problem. But he has to show that he can make the big plays when we need him to.
    Baby steps. Its only week 5. You said you were OK with bringing him along slowly and that is what they are doing. I have seen impovements from Matt every week since the season started. No, its not in leaps and bounds, but we still have 11 games to go before we start our playoff run and he will be up to snuff by that point. One way or another I think we will have a pretty good idea of what we have in Cassel come the end of the season.


    How do you figure that at some point the run game is gonna get shut down? Everyone has tried to stop us from running. We arent trying to surprise anyone, Houston has one of the best run defenses in the league and we put up 200 on them and told them ahead of time that we were gonna do it. I think we keep on running the ball at will and Cassel will figure out how to play QB with and NFL offense around him. I see a playoff win at the end of the season. After that...who knows...
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  7. #56
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Cassel is not loseing games I have to agree But at the same time I have yet to see him go out and WIN a game. Something that you have to be able to rely on your QB to do. At some point the Running game is going to be shut down in a key part of the game and he is going to have to make a play. Something that I have not seen from him. He did his part for the most part last week to win that game but It was still one on the l side. I am not one that thinks that he is a huge part of the problem. But he has to show that he can make the big plays when we need him to.
    Would I like him to have Plilip Rivers numbers? Yes. However, unlike you, I do think he has gone out and played well enough to win 2 games for us this season. SF we won and Houston, the D let the team down. A lot of people confuse a game winning drive with playing well enough to win the game when in reality if your QB goes out and throws 6 TD's and 1 pick in the games I mentioned, he has done MORE than enough to win the game.

  8. #57
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,912
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 424
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Baby steps. Its only week 5. You said you were OK with bringing him along slowly and that is what they are doing. I have seen impovements from Matt every week since the season started. No, its not in leaps and bounds, but we still have 11 games to go before we start our playoff run and he will be up to snuff by that point. One way or another I think we will have a pretty good idea of what we have in Cassel come the end of the season.


    How do you figure that at some point the run game is gonna get shut down? Everyone has tried to stop us from running. We arent trying to surprise anyone, Houston has one of the best run defenses in the league and we put up 200 on them and told them ahead of time that we were gonna do it. I think we keep on running the ball at will and Cassel will figure out how to play QB with and NFL offense around him. I see a playoff win at the end of the season. After that...who knows...


    It's just how the NFL is. A lot of us knew that at some point the offense would have to go out and win a game because the D was not going to shut down every offense. They were going to have an off game or two. It happens. It happend to the D last week. Likewise at some point at the end of a ball game some D is going to man up and make the passing game beat them weather it's they stack the box or the o line is not getting the job done or the runners have a bad game. It's most likely going to happen.

    I am a fan of Cassel don't get me wrong. I have not seen him do anything this year to tell me that he will not be a good starter in the NFL. I would just like to no then when a ball game is on the line he can go out and make the play to WIN the game. Something that I have yet to see him do. It's something that I think that he can do but I just want to see it.

  9. #58
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    It's just how the NFL is. A lot of us knew that at some point the offense would have to go out and win a game because the D was not going to shut down every offense. They were going to have an off game or two. It happens. It happend to the D last week. Likewise at some point at the end of a ball game some D is going to man up and make the passing game beat them weather it's they stack the box or the o line is not getting the job done or the runners have a bad game. It's most likely going to happen.

    I am a fan of Cassel don't get me wrong. I have not seen him do anything this year to tell me that he will not be a good starter in the NFL. I would just like to no then when a ball game is on the line he can go out and make the play to WIN the game. Something that I have yet to see him do. It's something that I think that he can do but I just want to see it.
    It's just how the NFL is eh? I think these guys would disagree....all of which are in the top 15 in rushing.

    Adrian Perterson/ His QB's rank- 28th
    McFadden / His QB's rank- 29th or 30th
    S. Jackson/ His QB's rank- 30th
    C. Benson/ His QB's rank- 25th
    MJD/ His QB's rank- 19th

    Jamaal Charles is number 8 on the rushing list. There are several more and while I do understand what you are saying, I think we are capable of winning as we are right now. Teams are already stacking the box against us. Still we have the #8 rusher in the league. Again, if we push Cassel to much and get him out of the comfort zone that he seems to be in right now, he will turn the ball over and we will lose. I'm still just so perplexed at people wanting to change the way we are playing in regards to the QB position. 3 fricken wins through 5 games people and we were in the 2 losses!!!!!!!

    What the hell do I know, maybe you guys are right. Maybe we should play Mike Martz football and chuck it up 50 times a game. Why do I think some of you would be *****ing about us not running the ball enough????

  10. #59
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,912
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 424
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    It's just how the NFL is eh? I think these guys would disagree....all of which are in the top 15 in rushing.

    Adrian Perterson/ His QB's rank- 28th
    McFadden / His QB's rank- 29th or 30th
    S. Jackson/ His QB's rank- 30th
    C. Benson/ His QB's rank- 25th
    MJD/ His QB's rank- 19th

    Jamaal Charles is number 8 on the rushing list. There are several more and while I do understand what you are saying, I think we are capable of winning as we are right now. Teams are already stacking the box against us. Still we have the #8 rusher in the league. Again, if we push Cassel to much and get him out of the comfort zone that he seems to be in right now, he will turn the ball over and we will lose. I'm still just so perplexed at people wanting to change the way we are playing in regards to the QB position. 3 fricken wins through 5 games people and we were in the 2 losses!!!!!!!

    What the hell do I know, maybe you guys are right. Maybe we should play Mike Martz football and chuck it up 50 times a game. Why do I think some of you would be *****ing about us not running the ball enough????
    I think you misunderstand what I am saying. I am not saying that the running game is going to get shut down for good. Or that it will even let up. What I am saying is that at some point late in some game some D is going to step up and make us beat them through the passing game. It happens to every team sometime. I think that Cassel CAN do that I just will feel much better about that when I see him do it. I am not down on Cassel at all it's just something that I have not seen him do late in a close ball game to date. But the good thing is I think he will get lots of chances to do that this season. We are going to be in ball games late I look forward to seeing what he can do then.

  11. #60
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think you misunderstand what I am saying. I am not saying that the running game is going to get shut down for good. Or that it will even let up. What I am saying is that at some point late in some game some D is going to step up and make us beat them through the passing game. It happens to every team sometime. I think that Cassel CAN do that I just will feel much better about that when I see him do it. I am not down on Cassel at all it's just something that I have not seen him do late in a close ball game to date. But the good thing is I think he will get lots of chances to do that this season. We are going to be in ball games late I look forward to seeing what he can do then.
    Yeah and we are likely to lose a few more games too. Big deal. Yeah, I agree Cassel is not the guy that is going to single handedly win the game for us regularly.

    But how many QBs can do that?
    Brees- yeah
    Manning - Yeah
    Brady - yeah
    Rivers? - No he has tried and failed.

    Here is the deal, Brees, Brady and Manning can hurt you no matter who is on the receiving end of the football. All the other QBs in this league have to have talent on the other end of the ball to get a win, it is that simple.

    Cassel has the talent around him, if he does not make mistakes, which he hasn't, then he is going to be able to keep us in games.


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dwayne Bowe
    By Seek in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 10-15-2010, 08:50 AM
  2. Any Updates On Dwayne Bowe
    By loyalchief91 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 01:09 PM
  3. Trade Dwayne Bowe
    By A.R. TTS in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-22-2009, 05:00 PM
  4. Dwayne Bowe
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 02:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •