Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Screw you Refs

Default Screw you Refs

Never before have I seen the refs, single-handedly, cause a loss. The holding on Hali that wasn't called on the TD run, the RIDICULOUS pass interference on Flowers, when he was CLEARLY pushed. You gotta be kidding me.

I think I missed another one, but I'm so fumed right now that I can't remember it! Just unbelievable.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    just to put a little more gas on the fire....from Clark Judges 5 things he does not like from week 6- (2. "Sorry, there is no way that wasn't offensive pass interference on Andre Johnson on the Texans' game-winning drive. Instead, officials called the penalty on Kansas City cornerback Brandon Flowers, whom Johnson pushed to make a 31-yard reception. Huh? You gotta be kidding. Somewhere, Carl Johnson, the league's head of officiating, is preparing a letter of apology to Haley."
    Everyone but the official said it was offensive pass interference on Johnson. Someone else told me they were talking about it on Sports Center last night. Complete blown call and at the worst time.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    I blame our front 3 on D. they had almost zero pressure the whole game, and crennel should have seen that and brought some LB's, but didnt.. All on the D The offense looked the best it had in years.
    I agree, the only chance you stop Schaub is with pressure. You could have 20 defenders back there and he'll still hit the open guy.

I'm not saying blitz on every play, just make him feel uncomfortable! Oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    How could you not see that Waters moved first on that false start penalty? They showed it like 5 times.
    It wasn't Waters, it was Albert that flinched just enough to get called for false start on the 4th down play. The ref broadcasted the wrong guy.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    It wasn't Waters, it was Albert that flinched just enough to get called for false start on the 4th down play. The ref broadcasted the wrong guy.
    I've heard so many arguments on that call that it's getting irritating. The first one is that the Texans guy jumped before Albert and Waters, which wasn't the case.

The second one is that one of the Texans seemed to line up in the neutral zone, which caused Albert to flinch a little, since that's what you're coached to do. Haley hinted as much in his press conference, but to know for sure, I'd have to see the play.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    I blame our front 3 on D. they had almost zero pressure the whole game, and crennel should have seen that and brought some LB's, but didnt.. All on the D The offense looked the best it had in years.
    This is true. The pass rush was inadequate.

But the refs didnt mind not calling holding it seems.

The pass rush did flush Shaub out of the pocket..The problem is thats where he did most of the damage..If you look at the game in the late 3rd into the fourth he was consistantly having to buy time moving out and that was just enough time for his receivers to get open...Especially their TE..He was so open I don't know who got burned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I just finally got to watch the last of the game. You guys complaining about the refs, you have no argument. maybe that was a blown call, maybe not, either way, we had other chances to stop these guys and we failed.

Think about 3rd and 10 and we let them get 11. How about letting Shaub stand in the backfield and wait until a guy gets open in the end zone? We can't get one guy in there to put some pressure on him?

Oh and how about Cassel messing up two routine throws that would have extended our time with the ball between Houston scoring drives? Throw behind Bowe and over throw a wide open Horne?

No, we lost our minds in the 4th quarter, both the defense and offense got outplayed in the last 9 minutes of the game. The referee had very little part in the game, but it's easier to get mad at the refs than realize that we got our butts handed to us.

Better luck next week!
    The difference that the refs made is obvious.

If that call is made correctly, Time runs off of the clock, and the field is longer for The Texans.

The whole game, from that point on, is very different.

Quote Originally Posted by melted ice View Post
    Didn't get a chance to see the game(thankfully), but you can't blame the refs when our defense gives up 35 points. We aren't going to win many games giving up that many points.
    Part of that 35 points is questionable because of that call.

I hate saying that refs cost any game. And I am not saying that.

The Chiefs needed to go ahead and win the game, regardless of that play. I blame The Chiefs for the outcome.

But it was a horrible mistake. And gave one team an unfair advantage.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456