Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How about a postive thread about the Houston Game?

Default How about a postive thread about the Houston Game?

We lost. It sucked. I get that.

Cassel 20/29 201 YDS 3 TD 0 INT

Bowe didn't blow the show and finally had a 100 yard game finishing 6 for 108 with 2 TD.

We won the T-O-P by 7 minutes.

5 penalties for 35 yards.

0 fumbles and 0 ints

It was a game where two teams were trying to show they were ready for the next level. Houston is about a year ahead of where we are right now, so what. There is still 11 games left to play and this game will light a fire under our defense.

The fact the offense showed major improvement is a good thing. I am FAR LESS concerned about the defense bouncing back. We know our defense is ahead of the offense, we have a two game home stand coming up. Don't give up on these guys yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Im starting to wonder if they are. BaKC to baKC losses to Oak and STL?? They might really stink!!
    Agreed.

I think Denver is our biggest competition this season.

The Chiefs are currently, without a doubt, the team to beat in The AFC Weast.

And I really think that Denver is showing alot more than San Diego.

Plus, with a victory over The Chargers already, they become less of a threat to us.

Fortunately, The Broncos have shown a complete lack of a running game.

At this point, I feel like anything less than a playoff berth would be a disapointment for The Chiefs.

So I am starting to look at potential playoff opponents.

remember before this season most of us would have been thrilled w/8 wins after what we suffered thru the last 3 seasons, now we look good enuf to win our division and where the playoffs would have been wishful thinking now looms as a real possibility. this is the most excited i have been about our team since the DV era.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    remember before this season most of us would have been thrilled w/8 wins after what we suffered thru the last 3 seasons, now we look good enuf to win our division and where the playoffs would have been wishful thinking now looms as a real possibility. this is the most excited i have been about our team since the DV era.
    I hear ya, I am actually more excited than I was in the DV era just because this is only the beginning. Give it a year or two and we should be a dominant team in the league. I think that the balance on this team shows that we are going to be built to last. DV was done once the gas was out of that high powered offense with no thought of the future. This team will be talked about for years to come!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I didn't get to see that game, but glanced at the stats- did Hali not play?

It might have made a significant difference if Tamba and Tyson were both gone.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I didn't get to see that game, but glanced at the stats- did Hali not play?

It might have made a significant difference if Tamba and Tyson were both gone.
    He played and did nothing. Some say he was held all game.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Here is a positive from the Houston Game. The Texans were ranked 5th in run defense, but 32nd in pass. We went in there knowing it, and most of us thought the game would come down to Cassel. It wasn't. The offense torched the Texans for 220+ rushing yards.

We knew their strength, and ran the ball anyway. That was impressive.

The loss really stings, but knowing that we had that game won, means this team is a competitive play off team. Both last weeks and this weeks games would have been won in Arrowhead. I am sure of it.

We can't win them all, but at least we showed we could win those games.

I actually have no complaint right now. I saw things from Bowe and Cassel that has me believing the future is not all lost. They just need to get consistent, but I think it was pretty obvious both Bowe and Cassel worked together a lot last week.

The defense struggled but Houston's offense is just that good.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234