Thread: Why.

Angry Why.

We were running for 4 to 10 yards a rush all day. Why on a 3rd and 2 did we try to throw a pass? We have a heck of a football team and great progress. But we throw instead of running. All we needed was a first down and game was over.

Quote Originally Posted by KC DADDY View Post
    We were running for 4 to 10 yards a rush all day. Why on a 3rd and 2 did we try to throw a pass? We have a heck of a football team and great progress. But we throw instead of running. All we needed was a first down and game was over.
    I wondered the same thing. I guess Charlie thought they could fake out the D. Catch them off guard.

Resident Celebrity

Well we would have needed that and one more first down to win as Houston still had all there timeouts.

But I think we were trying to catch them off guard. That's the only thing that I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    I wondered the same thing. I guess Charlie thought they could fake out the D. Catch them off guard.
    Yep, it was the same play that was ran against the Chargers that got the touchdown.

Show no receivers and look like you're selling out on the run. When the play starts, Moeaki sneaks out wide-open with no defenders. Problem is Wilson saw it and had great coverage on him.

If it works like it did against the Chargers, it's not just a first down, it's a TD.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Yes you are rite. I was just upset because I feel we could of run the ball and won the game.

Quote Originally Posted by KC DADDY View Post
    Yes you are rite. I was just upset because I feel we could of run the ball and won the game.
    This is one of those that just slipped away and will leave a bad taste in our mouths until the next win. We could have won both these two games on the road that's something that at the start of the season I don't think we thought we could say.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Yep, it was the same play that was ran against the Chargers that got the touchdown.

Show no receivers and look like you're selling out on the run. When the play starts, Moeaki sneaks out wide-open with no defenders. Problem is Wilson saw it and had great coverage on him.

If it works like it did against the Chargers, it's not just a first down, it's a TD.
    I don't mind that they try to fake the D by throwing, i understand the need to be balanced.
    But by only having 1 option to throw to, you put all your eggs in one basket.
    This time the lid was on the basket so to speak.. It would have been nice with another possible destination.

But you know... 20-20 hindsight and all that..

The problem I see with that call is, why take a chance with the lead and 2.5 minutes left, we didn't need a touchdown, we just needed to play the clock, the smart call would have been run the ball, and if we didn't make it run it again,we would have got the first down with two trys ,at least we would have run the clock down.

This is a young team and they are making mistakes that they will not be making later this year.
    Last edited by 70 chiefsfan70; 10-17-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    The problem I see with that call is, why take a chance with the lead and 2.5 minutes left, we didn't need a touchdown, we just needed to play the clock, the smart call would have been run the ball, and if we didn't make it run it again, at least we would have run the clock down.

This is a young team and they are making mistakes that they will not be making later this year.
    I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I just like the guts that Weiss showed to go for the win right there.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I just like the guts that Weiss showed to go for the win right there.
    True that was a bold call.

And had that play worked out for us it would have looked liked a genious call.