Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 66

Thread: I'm tired of this conservative play calling on offense

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default I'm tired of this conservative play calling on offense


    0 Not allowed!
    Our special teams is by no means conservative neither is our D but our offense is. Matt Cassel is supposed to be our QBOTF lets see what he can do, I wanna see him throw the ball more and I also wanna see him wait for a play to develop not just throw the ball in the dirt. If this is "The Guy" lets treat him as such. I'm glad he's avoiding sacks and not throwing interceptions, but lets try make some more throws because sometimes like last sunday we are going to need Matt to be able to throw the ball well. Same goes for Dwayne Bowe he needs to catch the ball I am giving both of these guys a year to see what they can do. If Dwayne Bowe doesn't step up he needs to be traded same to Cassel though. Our team is actually very good aside from passing, if Bowe isn't getting it done lets see what Horn or Mccluster or hell anyone can do.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Passing is not going to be this team's strength, so I don't see any need to force it. This team is going to win games by playing stingy defense, running to keep the opposing offense off the field and set up the pass, and passing in short yardage situations to keep the other team on their heels. The coaching staff is asking Matt to simply be a game manager at quarterback. He's not doing a bad job at all in my opinion. Matt only needs to win games with his arm when we are down and need a couple of scores.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Passing is not going to be this team's strength, so I don't see any need to force it. This team is going to win games by playing stingy defense, running to keep the opposing offense off the field and set up the pass, and passing in short yardage situations to keep the other team on their heels. The coaching staff is asking 1)Matt to simply be a game manager at quarterback. He's not doing a bad job at all in my opinion. 2) Matt only needs to win games with his arm when we are down and need a couple of scores.
    1) Game managers don't get paid 16 million a year we brought him hear to win. I know we are not a throwing team but all you have to do is stack the box against us and we lose. You can't be one dimensional.
    2) Didn't that happen on Sunday and we lost because we couldn't throw the ball? Our running game is strong but that's not gonna beat elite teams. We need Matt, we can't afford to have 7+ 3 and outs it's not gonna win games the passing game with the running game will keep drives alive. It's all about not being predictable.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    1) Game managers don't get paid 16 million a year we brought him hear to win. I know we are not a throwing team but all you have to do is stack the box against us and we lose. You can't be one dimensional.
    2) Didn't that happen on Sunday and we lost because we couldn't throw the ball? Our running game is strong but that's not gonna beat elite teams. We need Matt, we can't afford to have 7+ 3 and outs it's not gonna win games the passing game with the running game will keep drives alive. It's all about not being predictable.
    But your argument was that we need to stop with the conservative playcalling. Then you go on and point out that when we tried this last week it didn't work because of Cassel. I agree that he has to be better, but for now this team is better off playing to its strengths, not trying to force an elite passing game that doesn't exist.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    But your argument was that we need to stop with the conservative playcalling. Then you go on and point out that when we tried this last week it didn't work because of Cassel. I agree that he has to be better, but for now this team is better off playing to its strengths, not trying to force an elite passing game that doesn't exist.
    No I didn't say it didn't work. We didn't try it until our running game was not working. Run, Run, Pass doesn't work. We need to get matt some easy completions some screen and such build him up get that timing down and work on it it seems like we don't use him unless we have to. Charlie Weis must really not trust this guy which is odd.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,322
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 606
    Given: 788

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    No I didn't say it didn't work. We didn't try it until our running game was not working. Run, Run, Pass doesn't work. We need to get matt some easy completions some screen and such build him up get that timing down and work on it it seems like we don't use him unless we have to. Charlie Weis must really not trust this guy which is odd.
    Exactly, take some shots down the field and loosen up the opposing defense. I'd have rather seen them do that against Indy instead of going for an onside kick. And you are right, they can't be one-dimensional or else the losses are going to mount up as the season progresses.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    No I didn't say it didn't work. We didn't try it until our running game was not working. Run, Run, Pass doesn't work. We need to get matt some easy completions some screen and such build him up get that timing down and work on it it seems like we don't use him unless we have to. Charlie Weis must really not trust this guy which is odd.
    Or he doesn't trust the receivers to get open enough to have the ball thrown to them and actually catch it.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,530
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    i think the reason weiss doesn't call more deep throws is cassel doesn't have enuf time to thro deep. but w/that said there are alway play actions on first downs that could get the job done. did you notice on the fourth down play when cassel thew into tripple coverage, castille was wide open in the middle??

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    i think the reason weiss doesn't call more deep throws is cassel doesn't have enuf time to thro deep. but w/that said there are alway play actions on first downs that could get the job done. did you notice on the fourth down play when cassel thew into tripple coverage, castille was wide open in the middle??
    I thought on the play it looked like Moeaki was breaking out and would have been wide open in the back of the endzone. He had plenty of time. A solid pump fake and Moeaki would have had an easy TD.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    444
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 5

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Screw the playcalling I am happy with
    3-1. Sounds as if you want it to be more exciting and fun to watch. Our guys can crawl into the endzone and run with there pants around their ankles and if we continue to win who cares what plays are called. Our pass offense will get better if matt would go to the line with more than one route in mind.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Todd Haley's Play Calling---
    By dad005 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-28-2009, 01:02 AM
  2. Getting Tired Of This
    By Cooter Brown in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 02:28 AM
  3. You know what, I am tired of the angst after the loss.
    By hermhater in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 12:33 AM
  4. Play-calling
    By chief31 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-14-2006, 12:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •