Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Additional Officials Needed

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default Additional Officials Needed


    0 Not allowed!
    I wonder if we don't need a couple more zebras on the field for games.

    Replay is nice and works the way it is, but with so many missed calls, I wonder if adding a couple of officials would make the game better.

    I wonder is adding another back judge would be helpful for pass interference calls.

    I also wonder how an additional referee, perhaps and assistant referee would help in protecting the quarterback from late hits.

    Your thoughts?



    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pearland, Texas
    Posts
    2,872
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    The correct solution is allow pass interference calls to be reviewable.
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalT View Post
    I agree with Hometeam. Maybe any call by a ref should be reviewable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    While it would be nice, that would make games take about 10 years. Just can't do it.
    I agree that the NFL should make it where pass interference calls can be reviewed. How you keep it in check is by making it where it can only be reviewed inside of 2 minutes.

    Resident Celebrity

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    184
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, we need a couple more officials to make sure calls are legit on the NFL's latest onslaught on defences..Helmet to helmet hits. Another type of penalty that the refs will have to interpret...We are doomed

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    184
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    I agree that the NFL should make it where pass interference calls can be reviewed. How you keep it in check is by making it where it can only be reviewed inside of 2 minutes.
    I'm with you on that ..Spot On!! For the first three quarters a team can overcome a PI...Late in the fourth is a different story..It should be automatic given the stakes that a PI effectively wins the game...The refs have too much power to decide a game on a call that at times is very questionable..No team should have to play their butts off for 58 minutes just to have a part time attorney dressed in a zebra uniform make a bogus call that end your game

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I wonder if we don't need a couple more zebras on the field for games.

    Replay is nice and works the way it is, but with so many missed calls, I wonder if adding a couple of officials would make the game better.

    I wonder is adding another back judge would be helpful for pass interference calls.

    I also wonder how an additional referee, perhaps and assistant referee would help in protecting the quarterback from late hits.

    Your thoughts?

    That'd be good

  6. #15
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    There are so many missed calls as it is. This would lead to more calls and just slow the game down.
    My thoughts, exactly.



    Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    I agree that the NFL should make it where pass interference calls can be reviewed. How you keep it in check is by making it where it can only be reviewed inside of 2 minutes.
    And I agree with this idea too.

    PI calls are far to big of a part of the game to leave out of the replay business.

    But I hate the cost of defensive PI.

    I would likely approve more, if they were to do away with the horrible "Automatic First Down" part of it.

    If they gained yardage to the spot of the foul, and didn't lose a down, it would seem far more sensible to me.

    If it's fourth and thirty, and you throw a shorter route with DPI, you should not be able to get a first down for any penalty.

    That, and that horrible TD catch rule, where they want the reciever to raise the football as his own for a feww wekks before they call it a TD.

    HATE that one too.

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    I agree that the NFL should make it where pass interference calls can be reviewed. How you keep it in check is by making it where it can only be reviewed inside of 2 minutes.
    Make it challengeable. You get two challenges a game, just make it a play that you can review. I dont see how it will make the game any longer. You still only get two challenges a game.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,076
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Make it challengeable. You get two challenges a game, just make it a play that you can review. I dont see how it will make the game any longer. You still only get two challenges a game.
    Could you also challenge non-calls? if not, I see the refs letting everyone get away with bloody murder late in the game instead of having their calls second guessed by replay.


  9. #18
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Could you also challenge non-calls? if not, I see the refs letting everyone get away with bloody murder late in the game instead of having their calls second guessed by replay.
    I think they would have to make PI a more definite rule as opposed to leaving it open to any type of interpretation. There would have to be a definite line between incidental contact and PI. Im not advocating that this happens, Im just sayin'
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Posts
    979
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    why do you think it would make the game longer.

    think about it. NOTHING changes except what calls are challengable. Each team gets two challenges. NOTHING about the amount of game time theoritically spent reviewing plays changes.

    potential 40 and 60 yard GAME CHANGING penalties should be reviewable.

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Posts
    979
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I think they would have to make PI a more definite rule as opposed to leaving it open to any type of interpretation. There would have to be a definite line between incidental contact and PI. Im not advocating that this happens, Im just sayin'

    isnt it pretty definitive now?

    NFL Rules - Pass Interference

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Post your favorite rips ever from a coach towards a player or media or officials
    By King_of_the_Cassel in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 12:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •