Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: we just traded alex magee

Default we just traded alex magee

To Tampa Bay for draft picks.

Don't know what the actual return was. Looks like they're pretty happy with Dorsey.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    well we sent over a pick aswell

My guess is magee plus a 7th rounder for a 3rd or 4th in exchange

Thats what I was thinking, however hoping for 2nd or 3rd, with us giving a fifth or 6th.

I like Pioli's style with all the undisclosed things he does. It makes our dealings and directions wonder in the minds of the ones against us. I believe we make the playoffs this season and next season and I also believe we play in the SB by 2012.

Hmm
    well it looks like we gave TB Magee and a 6th round pick for their 5th rounder.

Chiefs Reportedly Get Back A 5th Round Pick In Alex Magee Trade - Arrowhead Pride

Don't think that was a good trade unless we really liked that guy we just picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    Hmm
    well it looks like we gave TB Magee and a 6th round pick for their 5th rounder.

Chiefs Reportedly Get Back A 5th Round Pick In Alex Magee Trade - Arrowhead Pride

Don't think that was a good trade unless we really liked that guy we just picked up.
    Agreed, that was p!ss-poor. Should have been Magee for 5th round pick straight across. Instead TB gets 2 for 1.

agreed. No way its a third. Its something low.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Agreed, that was p!ss-poor. Should have been Magee for 5th round pick straight across. Instead TB gets 2 for 1.
    We got the most we could get. Magee's shown absolutely nothing these past two years. He'd probably be cut before next season began. Better something than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    We got the most we could get. Magee's shown absolutely nothing these past two years. He'd probably be cut before next season began. Better something than nothing.
    Yes, I suppose it can be looked at as sending Magee to TB to switch draft positions.

ugh... so, we've spent a 3rd and a 6th for a 5th

while they spent a 5th for a 3rd and a 6th

gee... who won that one?

That entire draft class outside of TJ and Succop was just HORRID and I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time I've said it... I just didn't realize it could get worse... BUT it has... it has now infected the 2011 draft class... AWESOME.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    ugh... so, we've spent a 3rd and a 6th for a 5th

while they spent a 5th for a 3rd and a 6th

gee... who won that one?

That entire draft class outside of TJ and Succop was just HORRID and I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time I've said it... I just didn't realize it could get worse... BUT it has... it has now infected the 2011 draft class... AWESOME.
    I am not sure you shoudl put TJ even in there as an exception. I am pretty sure he was cleared to play last week, yet I swear I saw him inactive on the side lines. He is now obsolete behind Smith and Gilberry.

They have said that 33% of the 2009 draft over all is now either on a different team or out of the NFL. That draft pool was just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am not sure you shoudl put TJ even in there as an exception. I am pretty sure he was cleared to play last week, yet I swear I saw him inactive on the side lines. He is now obsolete behind Smith and Gilberry.

They have said that 33% of the 2009 draft over all is now either on a different team or out of the NFL. That draft pool was just bad.
    If it hadn't been TJ, it would have been Curry. Neither is eactly setting the world on fire right now.

Washington seems to be a pretty good backup safety. He wasn't a bad pick in the 4th. And we also got Vrabel and Cassel, who were at least worth the 2nd.

It wasn't a great draft, but we've had worse. 2004 (especially because of the JA trade) and 2007 (with Bowe underachieving) come to mind.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast