Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on how Haley is doing at this point

Default Your thoughts on how Haley is doing at this point

He is still cutting his teeth and making some mistakes but compared to last year he is ahead of where I thought we would be.

I am really digging the swagger this team is starting to show. We go in with everyone knowing what we are going to do and we still pound the rock at them all day long.

I have always wanted a coach that when its fourth down does not automatically send out the punting unit. There have been some suspect calls but the fact is they are out there going for the win.

Once this team gels some more with the aggressive game planning I believe the Chiefs will become feared. Arrowhead will be a place where no one is expected to win.

I know that last year there were many who didn't like his style but I believed at that time he was doing the right thing. He came in and definitely tried to impose his will and style, which he had undoubtedly formed in his mind over the years while waiting for the chance to become a HC. The organization needed a change in culture and a leader at the HC position. Without a doubt, he threw more on his plate from the beginning than most coaches would want to devour but he did it, obviously with a bigger picture in mind than most of us imagined.

Fast forward to this year. After taking many lumps from the Chiefs faithful I believe his plan is beginning to come to fruition. I think he's gotten a lot of ideas over the years from some pretty smart coaches and is using that knowledge wisely. He has our team conditioned both physically and mentally and thinks outside the box on a lot of the little things that I feel can give us the edge in preparation for the turnaround that looks to be inevitable.

In looking back to last year, this team, so far this season, has gotten better by leaps and bounds. We can now go into games expecting/hoping to win instead of wondering how bad we'll get beat. It's fun to watch Chiefs football again! If they can finish out this season as good as they started I'll have to give Mr. Haley an A grade on the year and wait, like a child in anticipation of Christmas, for next year.

I think that Haley is doing a GREAT job. Look at what he took over now to have this football team in 1st place is a huge jump. You can argue that we are only in 1st because of our divison but to go from 1st to last is always a big deal.

If you go back to 2 years ago we had all the signs of a badly coached football team. We were out of shape and overwight. This year we are well in shape and are one of the fewest penalized teams in the NFL all signs of a well coached football team.

I am a big fan of Haley I think that he could be a great NFL head coach. He is still young at head coaching and will still make a few mistakes. But I think that coaching is one of our smallest problems.

Were 1st place in our division and were playing better than we did last year. As long as we continue to improve, than he's doing his job well.

Quote Originally Posted by reded View Post
    We can now go into games expecting/hoping to win instead of wondering how bad we'll get beat. It's fun to watch Chiefs football again!
    Exactly!

He's head and shoulders above Germ Edwards.

TODD HALEY COACH OF THE YEAR if we win the division! GO CHIEFS!

I have to say that I hated the man last year, but this year, maybe because we are winning, or maybe because of his change in attitude, he has absolutely won me over. He has the guys on board with him and he is winning games.

I do believe it would be different if he did not have Charlie and Romeo with him, but he has certainly shown that he is a head coach.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I have to say that I hated the man last year, but this year, maybe because we are winning, or maybe because of his change in attitude, he has absolutely won me over. He has the guys on board with him and he is winning games.

I do believe it would be different if he did not have Charlie and Romeo with him, but he has certainly shown that he is a head coach.
    100% agreed.

I am no longer seeing him losing his self-control on the sidelines. May be a cause, or may be an effect. But winning is definitely a cure-all.

And I am absolutely thrilled with Todd Haley right now.

Haley was like a ticking time bomb last year. He put alot of stress on himself. First year coach, Fired the OC right before the season opener and tried to run the team and the Offense himself. He was spread too thin and did not have enough time to spend in each area. He's a hard a** and they needed that. I have always had faith but felt he made some bad choices from the get go last year. This year, well I Love Him! I haven't been this excited about our Chiefs in a long while and I cannot wait till next years draft. Alot of us questioned some of the draft picks but WOW is about all I can say besides lets kick some Jacksonville A** GO CHIEFS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast