Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not buying the NFL's stance on protecting players

Default Not buying the NFL's stance on protecting players

Greetings Chiefs fans... Still rooting for to yinz win the AFC west. Keep the faith!

Anyway, I wrote this item about the posted topic.

NFL football fans, including myself, like to say, ‘I don’t want to see players injured.’ But, indeed it is, and always has been, a part of the game. You can’t convince me that the NFL game isn’t just a small step down from the Roman Coliseum. Truth be told, the violent aspect is what has made the game a phenomenal success. Long before the forward pass became an important part of the modern game, people were sitting in stadiums across the nation watching the collisions. After all, water coolers were around in the 1950's.

Witnessing real violence is very compelling. We are not so unlike the 50,000 people who used to gather in Rome, in the first century, to view the show. Don’t we enjoy rubbernecking traffic accidents on the highway? It seems to be inherent. Read More

Your Thoughts?

Yes it is kinda sad when you see a player get badly hurt or get knocked out of a game because of a hard hit.It is all part of the game.I think there are some guys out there just looking to hurt people but most are just trying to hit them hard enough to jar the ball loose.Isn't that what the d-fense is trying to do.Get the ball back for there offense.This league,is turning into the powder puff league.If they keep taking away things you can do on D-fense,you will be able to score a 100 points a game.I love D-fensive games.A 10 to 3 game or 6 to 3 game.I also like them hi scoring games to.It will soon be the only thing you see is hi scoring games,becuase of everything they are taking away from the D-fense.One more point I want to make.What if a D-fender is coming in hard and about to make the hit and the reciever or back ducks there head and they collide head to head.Guess what,it will probably be a 15 yard penalty.That is bull crap.What is the D-fender suppose to be a mind reader to.Come on league,let the players vote on it and see what the outcome is.Your just making things worse.The D-fender is going to pull up now and watch they will be getting hurt now,because there not going to be going all out.So guess what ,your putting the D-ender at risk now.Just let the guys play some football and say your prays and hope everyone come out of the game all in one piece.

I like this point you've made kidd

[quote=kckidd8870;206985]What if a D-fender is coming in hard and about to make the hit and the reciever or back ducks there head and they collide head to head.Guess what,it will probably be a 15 yard penalty.That is bull crap.What is the D-fender suppose to be a mind reader to.[quote]
    Defender need to make the decision in about 1/4 of a second too.

The new rules annoy me a lot. If the NFL had there way they would pretty much outlaw defense all together. They have made so many rule changes that favor the Offense. This I think is just anther. I don't buy that it's being done for the players safty.

The only way to reduce injuries to make players weaker, lighter, and slower. Reptitive stress injuries are the main problem. Not individual big hits.

Kick everyone out of the league who weighs more than 300 lbs., can bench more than 200 lbs., or can run faster than a 4.7 second 40. Then you'll have a much safer NFL.

Here is the NFL video

NFL Videos: Player safety

Congrats to the Chiefs we made the video on both sides of the argument

ya I watched the video and ya they can feed us a bunch of crap on the kinda hits they are gonna throw flags on.You guys no how crappy some of these refs. are in the league.you have all these rules against the D-fense.You will be able to march the ball all the way down the field on all the bad calls the refs will make.Pull out the red flags and the vel-crow belt and lets play some pwder puff ,flag football.By next season ,if we have one.We will be buying season tickets to flag football.Be the first in line.Heck, at half time ,if one of the boys get hurt.Lets put in a cheer leader.Sorry guys,Im just blowing of some steam.Every year they put in new rules to mess up the game I love so much.

Yeah, I can see where this is going to end up. It all depends on whether the refs rightfully flag the plays or not. In that one example with the Ravens defensive player, that play probably should have resulted in a flag. He did lower his head on the play and contact was made.

You can bet, any player that gets flagged for this, will see the bench for a couple of games.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Why does that web site have the Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders and Chargers all under the AFC South heading?

...And why is there two AFC South categories?

I watched the video, and I'm still not sure what is and isn't a legal hit...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast