Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Draft reflection

Default Draft reflection

Whats up guys. I am just looking for some information on what you guys think about Eric Berry thus far in the season. I had Hoped he would fall to us (Seattle) but have been very impressed with Earl Thomas so far. I figured you guys would have more information than just raw stats. Congrast on the good start and Good luck with the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Berry's been great! I'm glad they drafted him (as everyone knows ).

And bwilliams hasn't been around lately,
    I wouldn't say yet that Berry has been great. He's given up about 4 TD's so far this season, and I think he gave up another today to Mike Sims Walker.. would have to go look it up. This is only his first interception today. If he can play like that, always be in the receivers face then he would be playing great. Right now he's only playing average.

Edit: I'm glad we drafted him too, he just needs to play like he did today a lot more often.
    Last edited by stricken721; 10-24-2010 at 06:02 PM.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    I wouldn't say yet that Berry has been great. He's given up about 4 TD's so far this season, and I think he gave up another today to Mike Sims Walker.. would have to go look it up. This is only his first interception today. If he can play like that, always be in the receivers face then he would be playing great. Right now he's only playing average.

Edit: I'm glad we drafted him too, he just needs to play like he did today a lot more often.
    He got burned bad for a Touchdown, but what's new?

As everyone has said, he looks great against the run, but so did Bernard Pollard. It's early in his career so I'm not going to judge or panic (still think the pick was okay), but it's going to tick me off if we cut pollard just to waste a top five pick and 70 mil for a similar dback.

Thanks Aussie!

I think they are gonna play him more so in run coverage and TE coverage untill he gets a better understanding of the NFL.
    I think he will be fine he has the perfect attitude for the chiefs and the will to succeed..

The interception that he made today -- this is what's expected of Eric Berry, and rightfully so -- the guy, that when the Chiefs have the lead late in the game and the opponent has to pass -- he makes the play that nails the coffin shut on the opponent.

If we had a better pass rush, Berry would look better

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    If we had a better pass rush, Berry would look better
    Pass rush isn't exactly awful either. Besides, a player being paid as much as he is isn't supposed to be as dependent on the rest of the defense as a guy like Carr, Belcher or Lewis, he's supposed to be the catalyst that makes everybody else better.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post

Lets just hope we can always play against 3rd string qb's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12