Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the game

Default Thoughts on the game

Well, I know we haven't faced great defenses, but I think this offense can score on anyone. I would love to see a little bit more of a mix up in run and pass plays, but overall, the Chiefs can certainly put up some points.

As for the defense, the LBs and the safeties have got to get it together. I know DJ had the pick 6 and Berry had the pick to seal the game, but they were getting thrown on over the middle of the field regularly. The defensive line and corners were pretty good.

Crennel has got to start working with the safeties and LBs in coverage specific plays because TEs burning us over the middle is getting old.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Cassel's QB eff is at 91% right now for the season

In spite of these horrible calls against Flowers and Carr Haley keeps his cool and says they are the best. I hope they hear his quotes and the Chiefs get some calls their way that is 2 weeks in a row but this week never cost them.

I wonder why pretty much every play can be reviewed except major game changing penalties? I think that PI calls and defensive holding calls should be reviewable. ATLEAST pi CALLS

Those were blatantly bad pass interference calls that made this game much closer than it should have been in the 3rd quarter.

im seeing the same thing around the league!! everyone is so frikin scared to say anything about it to the press in fear of fines and suspensions. This league is slowly becoming a joke how it is ran.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    im seeing the same thing around the league!! everyone is so frikin scared to say anything about it to the press in fear of fines and suspensions. This league is slowly becoming a joke how it is ran.
    I guess you mean the players are too scared? that would make sense. maybe some of these irritated coaches could possibly speak out. Haley was clearly fumed. As for the game - We looked pretty lax down field on 3rd downs and long shot throws. Watching 3rd n 7 go for a 20 + yard pass is rather unacceptable. ST is becoming rather irritating to watch as well. Short kickoffs and lazy efforts to get downfield are leading to big returns. need to be more aggressive on the punt/kick return. Also on that note, weve had no real break away returns since week 1 - is this a blocking issue? because it appears theres a swarm of jerseys on arenas every time. Id also like to see more of a clever offensive mixup in play calls, utilizing more play action, more passing downfield in general. Our running game is great, but when teams shut down the run (colts?) we have zero pass confidence to help throw those teams off balance to open the run back open again. The 3rd and 5 Draw play was a great call and well executed. the run-run-run when it was 4th and feet near the goal line in first quarter was hard to watch. Still im glad to see the game they played today and it gives me hope for next week that we can come back as a team that shouldnt be written off afterall (no more spotlight after week 3 and 4).

The jags d-line played better than I was expecting it to. Charlie Weis' playcalling is pissing me off. You skip athe field goal when it would have made it a 2-possession game? I like the creativity and the plays. But the timing of those plays is horrendous. It didn't cost us this week so I will continue to drink and be merry!

yea iratefan both players and coaches are so conditioned not to open mouth, cause the league will ad have dropped the hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    yea iratefan both players and coaches are so conditioned not to open mouth, cause the league will ad have dropped the hammer.
    Exactly. They know if they say anything, they're gonna get fined. I think its complete BS.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

my favorite post that I saw in denver forum after game was
    " I cant talk or think right now, I am too busy cleaning up beer cans and objects that were thrown"

I LOL at that

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast