Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62

Thread: Cassell and bowe

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    624
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Default Cassell and bowe


    0 Not allowed!
    I wonder what the cassel haters are saying after the past 2 games about cassel. I for one will admit i was wrong on bowe though. The last 2 games he has stepped up and i am taking back what i said it would be a big mistake if we lossed him. He's finally coming through for kc

  2. #21
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I have no idea what you are referring to here...

    He's missed some passes, all QBs do. He played absolutely spectacular last game given the number of times he was called to throw the ball.
    Eh, it is just what I am seeing. My opinion, doesn't make it right, doesn't make it wrong.



    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

  3. #22
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,960
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Eh, it is just what I am seeing. My opinion, doesn't make it right, doesn't make it wrong.

    Fair enough!
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  4. #23
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,041
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    No, I am not looking for 40 passes in a game, what I am looking for are those wide open receivers that get hit just at the right moment with a pass. Cassel's passes seem a split second late all the time.
    You mean passes like the two TD passes yesterday.

  5. #24
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    624
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    The only way kc drafts a qb is to be cassels backup. There is no way that he will not be the starter for years to come if he keeps it up. I believe he has 9 td's and only 3 interceptions this year. Way better then last year so far.

  6. #25
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    177
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    You mean passes like the two TD passes yesterday.
    As long as we win, I really don't care but I think it's fair to say that Cassel didn't look all that great yesterday. On two of his big plays he had to rely on spectacular catches. Perhaps he is being asked to play conservatively but that doesn't explain everything in my opinion.

    I think Cassel can play better but, as it stands now, it wouldn't surprise me if we drafted a qb in the first two rounds of next years draft.

  7. #26
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,960
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalT View Post
    As long as we win, I really don't care but I think it's fair to say that Cassel didn't look all that great yesterday. On two of his big plays he had to rely on spectacular catches. Perhaps he is being asked to play conservatively but that doesn't explain everything in my opinion.

    I think Cassel can play better but, as it stands now, it wouldn't surprise me if we drafted a qb in the first two rounds of next years draft.
    Again, this is ridiculous. Wide receivers are supposed to make those catches. Cassel is remarkably better than last year. The last two years, he took 89 sacks! Yes, 89!!!!! This year, he is getting rid of the ball faster and making smart decisions at the same time (only 3 INTs). He's been sacked 5 times in 6 games. Cassel is getting better every week, and it's extremely encouraging.

    What everyone on this site fails to realize is that franchise QBs like Manning, Brady, etc. aren't freely available that we can just pluck up and replace Cassel with. As he continues to grow, I have no doubt he's going to be a solid NFL quarterback. Charlie Weis is not asking a lot of him on offense, but he's making plays when he is asked to. He's getting better every week, and he's putting this team in a position to win by not turning the ball over.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  8. #27
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    177
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Again, this is ridiculous. Wide receivers are supposed to make those catches. Cassel is remarkably better than last year. The last two years, he took 89 sacks! Yes, 89!!!!! This year, he is getting rid of the ball faster and making smart decisions at the same time (only 3 INTs). He's been sacked 5 times in 6 games. Cassel is getting better every week, and it's extremely encouraging.

    What everyone on this site fails to realize is that franchise QBs like Manning, Brady, etc. aren't freely available that we can just pluck up and replace Cassel with. As he continues to grow, I have no doubt he's going to be a solid NFL quarterback. Charlie Weis is not asking a lot of him on offense, but he's making plays when he is asked to. He's getting better every week, and he's putting this team in a position to win by not turning the ball over.
    I don't think anything I said was ridiculous. Expecting our receivers to make spectacular catches is ridiculous.

    I think Cassel needs to get better if we're going to get to the next step. I think Cassel would admit that. Perhaps I should get a demerit for stating the obvious.

  9. #28
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,960
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalT View Post
    I don't think anything I said was ridiculous. Expecting our receivers to make spectacular catches is ridiculous.

    I think Cassel needs to get better if we're going to get to the next step. I think Cassel would admit that. Perhaps I should get a demerit for stating the obvious.
    Fair enough...I agree though, he should complete 80% of his passes from here on out, throw at least 3 TD passes, and have a minimum of 12 yds/attempt. Against the Jags he only managed to complete a meager 72% of his passes, only threw 2 TD passes, and had a paltry 10.7 yds/attempt. I'm not sure what was so spectacular about the first touchdown catch. The run after the catch was great, but I think positional players should be expected to make big plays...
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  10. #29
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    tucson
    Posts
    4,326
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I would love to see a super star reciever come here or draft someone very high that can be fast..More then a new QB

  11. #30
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    624
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Were We Wrong On Kansas City Chiefs QB Matt Cassel? - SB Nation Kansas City

    You cassel haters really need to get a life as i stated before. Ftw watch the 2 td passes he threw to bowe..there is no way kc is drafting a qb. Cassel is the franchise qb for years to come like it or not.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. It's time we move on from Cassell
    By Sn@keIze in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 10:30 PM
  2. Cassell or WR's
    By nigeriannightmare in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 01:55 AM
  3. Cassell
    By jtandcrew in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-08-2010, 03:18 AM
  4. Cassell Doesn't Need Moss!
    By Big Daddy Tek in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 09:54 PM
  5. Matt Cassell to the Chiefs?
    By tenacious in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 03:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •