Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cassell and bowe

Default Cassell and bowe

I wonder what the cassel haters are saying after the past 2 games about cassel. I for one will admit i was wrong on bowe though. The last 2 games he has stepped up and i am taking back what i said it would be a big mistake if we lossed him. He's finally coming through for kc

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Yeah, well at least one of them was way behind.
    You wouldn't accept a million dollars if the bills weren't crisp would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    You wouldn't accept a million dollars if the bills weren't crisp would you?
    Last year it was we are not winning which I agreed with but now it's we are not winning with the long in stride pass and every game by 30 points. I wonder about being hung with a new rope?

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Not sure I saw the same game you guys did. The one pass to Bowe for a TD needed help from Bowe other than that. I didn't see what you did.

Since the San Fran Game, there has been no QB better than Cassel.

I think it is fair to say, that there are a set number of fans, who just won't believe in him regardless of what he does, and looks for the one play a game to validate their opinion, when realistically, that one play happens to every QB in the league.

Now, I am not saying he a top 5 QB. He is an average QB, who is still learning to play the game at this level. He is doing what the team ask of him. If his performance continues as it has the last four games. I would be very pissed if they drafted a QB with an early pick, knowing there are other holes yet to fill.
    It's possible we were not looking at the same things. I was thinking about the catch Copper had as well.

We faced some of the easier defenses during the stretch you are talking about. In addition, we have the best rushing team in the league. It should be a lot easier for us to pass when other teams are expecting us to run.

What disturbs me that he has been very inaccurate. Well below average ... and not on difficult throws ... on easy throws. If we're not seeing the same thing on this issue then we should agree to disagree because my mind won't change based on what I've seen ... at least so far.

I want to believe in Cassel. I think he can get better. He has strengths and, barring an injury, he will be our quarterback for the rest of the year. All I'm saying is that I think he needs to improve if we want to get to the next step ... that's it.

I see the room for Cassel to improve, I really do.

But I really can't believe I get on here and people are still negatively talking about him. We get it - he's not a franchise QB. Not every team in the NFL gets one. In fact, I can only think of a handful of teams that have one. I feel like some Chiefs fans are in a delusional world that has a large number of extremely talented QBs.

None of the Chiefs fans can say they're not impressed with the improvements we've made this year, not to mention the improvements we've made from week to week. Even Cassel. It kind of reminds me of some parents making HUGE improvements on their home, and the kids complaining about the furniture the next day. One step at a time....

It's very normal to not have a superstar QB right now. I am extremely happy with the Chiefs right now as a team. That is all.
    Last edited by northwest; 10-26-2010 at 08:27 PM.

Sorry I just love that pic. Don't worry about the boys, with JC and TJ decimating run defences week after week and as the wins pile up they will have the time to make some numbers.

I hate that snot in San D and he's leading the league in passing yards, I wouldn't want his pansy ***. Matt's cool and he's growing into a leader here, give him some time... watch. His passer rating in NE was around 92.0 which is where he is at currently this season. I wouldn't mind a higher completion rating though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    I never said anything about his numbers. His numbers look pretty good over the last few games for the relatively small roll he plays (as far as quarterbacks go) but just look at where a lot of those numbers are coming from. To me it hasn't been consistent and it hasn't been the kind of play you can count on to produce consistently against a competent defense. Honestly the difference I see between last year's Cassel and this year's Cassel is confidence. I think the apparent change in play is more due to the quality of players he has around him now. Like I said, when he's able to hit his targets in stride and make the job of his receivers easier on a consistent basis, I'll change my tune. He was one of only a couple QBs to have back to back 400 yard games and he came into KC and stunk it up for a year. I'm still not convinced that he's any different a QB than the one that led the Pats to 11-5 and showed routine frustration just a year later (I'll give credit where credit is due. He did have a few awesome plays like the dart to Bowe against the Texans and his presence does look a lot better).

Btw, if anybody follows Kansas State football, you might know that Carson Coffman has some of the best numbers in college football. He's dropped off recently but through the first 4 or 5 games he was up there with the likes of Gabbert, Weeden, Crist, Ponder, Stanzi, Luck, ect. but just watch a game and it's easy to see that he's not on the same level as those players and certainly not a QB that is a fit for the Wildcats (to most he's not fit to be a BCS conference starter).
    I think the most impressive thing about the last couple of games is that Cassel is starting to get a feel for the pocket.

When pressure is coming, and when the pocket is closing in and such.

Alot of that is due to better protection, up front. I can't say enough about the turnaround on the o-line.

And I understand that most of the doubts about Cassel and Bowe, alike, are based upon consistency. Or, maybe a "prove it." mentality, as I have about it.

And Cassel has been.

If not for a couple of balls that Bowe should have caught, (Some pretty big plays there, too) then Cassel's numbers would be extremely impressive.

It may not look like what we think it is supposed to look like, but... If it continues..... Then we really have somthing here.

And no one is going to be more thrilled to change his stance on the Cassel trade, and the contract, than I will.

If he ends up being everything that managment saw in him.... Then Pioli wins my vote, from here, on out.

As does Haley, and Weiss.

I keep telling Cassel to "prove it". And he keeps proving it.

Not sure how many times he wil have to prove it, before I am convinced. But each time he does, my doubts get smaller.

Not sure I saw the same game you guys did. The one pass to Bowe for a TD needed help from Bowe other than that. I didn't see what you did.
    On this play, it looked like a moment sooner would have found Bowe completely uncovered.

It seems that both DBs were coming from well behind Bowe, suggesting that the best opprtunity was missed.

But... even having not found Bowe while he was completely uncovered is ok, if you still complete the pass. The running by Bowe is a great bonus.

If you looked around the entire NFL, you'd see that a TD pass where the WR breaks away after the catch is pretty common, even among the big names.

Since the San Fran Game, there has been no QB better than Cassel.

I think it is fair to say, that there are a set number of fans, who just won't believe in him regardless of what he does, and looks for the one play a game to validate their opinion, when realistically, that one play happens to every QB in the league.

Now, I am not saying he a top 5 QB. He is an average QB, who is still learning to play the game at this level. He is doing what the team ask of him. If his performance continues as it has the last four games. I would be very pissed if they drafted a QB with an early pick, knowing there are other holes yet to fill.
    I started the season with alot of doubts about this team.

Alot of hope. But alot of doubts.

I am now running out of doubts.

Anyone else?

I will remain cautiously optimistic until I see what the second half of the season holds.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I will remain cautiously optimistic until I see what the second half of the season holds.
    Gotta be pickin' away at those doubts, no?

On the pass to Bowe that everyone says was thrown short:
    Did anyone think if Bowe had been lead he would have been covered by the safety. And that Cassel intentionally threw the ball short, exspecting Bowe to cut the route short. If that is the case, then Bowe and Cassel are finally getting on the same page and we could have something special.

Cassell and Bowe are going to be as good as we all could hope for. The fact is , as I said about 100 times this off season, we would be as good as out O line. The line is finally stepping up and opening lanes and giving Cassell time to throw. Now watch as Cassell and Bowe start to get in rhythm on game day like they are in practice. Cassell was running for his life, and now each week he is getting more confident. I will hold off calling the doubters "haters" just yet as Cassell and Bowe do have something to prove. I am certain, however, even the doubters will be believers soon.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast