Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cassell and bowe

Default Cassell and bowe

I wonder what the cassel haters are saying after the past 2 games about cassel. I for one will admit i was wrong on bowe though. The last 2 games he has stepped up and i am taking back what i said it would be a big mistake if we lossed him. He's finally coming through for kc

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I have to admit that Bowe seems to have finally woke up to what everyone is saying about him. I am still not so sure that he is over his butterfingers yet, but he has been playing well.

Cassel, eh, the jury is still out. I see the passing plays other QBs are doing out there and I continue to wonder why we do not have the same thing going on here.
    The reason is we are playing Marty Ball. I don't care how good a QB is, if you throw the ball as much as some teams do, it will bite them in the but. Look at Drew Breeze yesterday. Two INt's for TD's. and they lost the game.

There is no reason to throw the ball around when your running attack is getting 200 yards a game. Look at what Oakland did yesterday. 57 runs, for 320+ yards.

The Chiefs are playing to their strengths and they are playing smart. I don't know why fans are wanting something different. This is a winning formula.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    Last 2 weeks Bowe has made up for the screw ups at indy.But hes still not a true #1 wr. Then again Cassel isn`t a top grade qb.
    Still think in the offseason we need to trade or draft a stud wr. Also, draft a qb,and not in the 6th or 7th rnd .
    Completely agree

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    the blamk throw that cassell made and no reciever in 30yds? cant he see that the reciever didnt run the route?
    Seriously, this is what people are going to complain about this week.

He threw it on Bowes break. Bowe ran the wrong route but would have been wide open. I saw Cassell make the audible because it was a slap on his butt three times like he was a cow boy. It was the first I had seen that. Cassel duplicated that audible after ther play as Cassel was a little upset with Bowe for obviously missing the audible. It was also the same route that Bowe scored a TD on later in the game with that great play keeping his feet in bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    the blamk throw that cassell made and no reciever in 30yds? cant he see that the reciever didnt run the route?
    Bowe was on the route at the time Cassell was throwing the football. He just cut the route short. It was a miscommucation nothing more. It happens.

Finally Cassel has his go to guy.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Finally Cassel has his go to guy.
    You mean go to guys? Charles and Jones

Default Sound reasoning

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    The reason is we are playing Marty Ball. I don't care how good a QB is, if you throw the ball as much as some teams do, it will bite them in the but. Look at Drew Breeze yesterday. Two INt's for TD's. and they lost the game.

There is no reason to throw the ball around when your running attack is getting 200 yards a game. Look at what Oakland did yesterday. 57 runs, for 320+ yards.

The Chiefs are playing to their strengths and they are playing smart. I don't know why fans are wanting something different. This is a winning formula.
    Great post a great in site on the Chiefs offense . Spot on correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post

No, I am not looking for 40 passes in a game, what I am looking for are those wide open receivers that get hit just at the right moment with a pass. Cassel's passes seem a split second late all the time.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

QB Matt Cassel has a 108.9 passer rating over his last four games - the best mark of any QB in the league over that span (min. 100 atts).

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    No, I am not looking for 40 passes in a game, what I am looking for are those wide open receivers that get hit just at the right moment with a pass. Cassel's passes seem a split second late all the time.
    I have no idea what you are referring to here...

He's missed some passes, all QBs do. He played absolutely spectacular last game given the number of times he was called to throw the ball.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast