Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Cassell and bowe

Default Cassell and bowe

I wonder what the cassel haters are saying after the past 2 games about cassel. I for one will admit i was wrong on bowe though. The last 2 games he has stepped up and i am taking back what i said it would be a big mistake if we lossed him. He's finally coming through for kc

I'm not ready to say Cassel is good yet but according to NFL.com - Official Site of the National Football League stats he is the number 9 rated QB in the NFL this week ahead of a lot of big name QB's.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    On the pass to Bowe that everyone says was thrown short:
    Did anyone think if Bowe had been lead he would have been covered by the safety. And that Cassel intentionally threw the ball short, exspecting Bowe to cut the route short. If that is the case, then Bowe and Cassel are finally getting on the same page and we could have something special.
    I thought he put the ball where it needed to be for Bowe to make a play.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    I thought he put the ball where it needed to be for Bowe to make a play.
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I have to admit that Bowe seems to have finally woke up to what everyone is saying about him. I am still not so sure that he is over his butterfingers yet, but he has been playing well.

Cassel, eh, the jury is still out. I see the passing plays other QBs are doing out there and I continue to wonder why we do not have the same thing going on here.
    I'd like to see more of a passing game too, and believe it is a crucial factor necessary to make it through playoffs advancing to, & winning a Super Bowl. There are too many strong defenses today able to stop a top rushing team...we have to be able to rely on a passing game when coming up against such defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    doubt it since Bowe should have kept running instead of cutting the route off. Cassel was throwing to the spot Bowe should have been.
    On point...exactly! I was there, saw it with my own eyes, and Bowe wasn't where he was suppose to be. Cassel was respectively upset with Bowe, obvious from his body language...and they had a conversation right after. QB's don't always have a clear unobstructed view of their intended receiver, & rely on that receiver to do his part, be where he is suppose to be as an intended target...Bowe wasn't, for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    Last 2 weeks Bowe has made up for the screw ups at indy.But hes still not a true #1 wr. Then again Cassel isn`t a top grade qb.
    Still think in the offseason we need to trade or draft a stud wr. Also, draft a qb,and not in the 6th or 7th rnd .
    I'm gonna respectively disagree with you. I've had faith in Bowe since they drafted him, an outstanding top WR in college, he was my #1 draft preference in 2007. He truly is more dedicated, talented & skilled than he sometimes is given credit for being. He is still in his early career years, and it's very typical for a top WR in the NFL to begin peaking around their 4-5th year as a starter, same is true for QB's.

I've followed Bowe's career paying attention to his comments & behavior...he talks often of 'team effort' being critical, other thoughts of wisdom. He is not a believer in a one man show, although he is a firm believer in being the best he can be for God, himself and his team.

The relationship between Cassel & Bowe is a very good one both on & off the field...that is obvious from watching the two of them interact during the game, whether it be when a mistake is made, or a goal is accomplished. Such a relationship between a QB & top WR is critical with winning...IE: Montana/Rice.

Bowe also has a geniune deep faith in God, which may seem unrelated & insignificant to football & many fans of the game, but I know better. Personally, I believe God is important & connected to all aspects of a persons life...a deep genuine faith & trust in God contributes positively to a persons life, including professionally. :)

Yep...I'm a loyal Bowe fan...a fan of him as a top WR for the Chiefs, and a fan of him as a person too. I have faith my belief in him will prevail, but if not, well...no point in crossing bridges unnecessary at this time. :)

GO CHIEFS!!!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

There are so many things that we as spectators will never know - did someone run the wrong route or did someone throw to the wrong route? Did someone miss a read? Are things like chemistry there, ie. does the WR have faith that his QB will not hang him out to dry? Are they on the same page as to when to break off a route and if so, how to do it?

There's a lot more to playing the game than just finding a guy who can catch and finding a guy who can throw. One team's 'unstoppable back shoulder throw' is another team's pick six.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
    There are so many things that we as spectators will never know - did someone run the wrong route or did someone throw to the wrong route? Did someone miss a read? Are things like chemistry there, ie. does the WR have faith that his QB will not hang him out to dry? Are they on the same page as to when to break off a route and if so, how to do it?

There's a lot more to playing the game than just finding a guy who can catch and finding a guy who can throw. One team's 'unstoppable back shoulder throw' is another team's pick six.
    Exactly!! REP!!

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I am not looking for more passing, I am however looking for a passing game that does not look so forced and difficult. It just seems like every reception is hard fought and barely complete.

Where are those throws to the wide open receiver? There have been some good throws to Moecki, but you can count them on one hand.

I know most of you say that with our running game, we don't need to pass, well I call BS. Sunday's game proved that you need to have at least the ability to move the ball effectively through the air.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

They did move the ball...watch the ot drive that won kc the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I am not looking for more passing, I am however looking for a passing game that does not look so forced and difficult. It just seems like every reception is hard fought and barely complete.

Where are those throws to the wide open receiver? There have been some good throws to Moecki, but you can count them on one hand.

I know most of you say that with our running game, we don't need to pass, well I call BS. Sunday's game proved that you need to have at least the ability to move the ball effectively through the air.
    REP!! We won't make it through the playoffs if not improved on with a consistent passing game to fall back on. Too many opposing defenses in the NFL of which will make it to the playoffs that are able to stop a rushing game.

Default Randy Moss

I do not trust
    Bowe Unless you think Randy Moss can screw up this good thing going on At KC get Randy Moss
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast