Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: I have a good idea for the site

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    tucson
    Posts
    4,291
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 0

    Default I have a good idea for the site


    0 Not allowed!
    Can we please for the love of god have at the very least a 3-5 day wait for registration approval? this will infact relieve almost all of the troll issues.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pearland, Texas
    Posts
    2,872
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Can we please for the love of god have at the very least a 3-5 day wait for registration approval? this will infact relieve almost all of the troll issues.
    It could also keep some possible quality members away if you had to wait that long. Trolls are normally kept in check by the mods.

    But like I have said before and countless others, the best way to get rid of a troll is to not feed it, don't talk to it, don't even acknowledge it. As long as we talk to them or mention them they're going to be in here causing trouble.

    Resident Celebrity

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    tucson
    Posts
    4,291
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    well atleast 1 day? or a KC questionair?? anything...lol...

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,377
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 59

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    This is an issue that has come up before, We went threw a period of major spam attack, with some adult viewing only spam. Coach addressed it, stop it, probably cost him some money to do it. The best defense, is being aware of a troll, and use the report post, then the mods can determine. We are Chiefs, I have no problem with other fans of teams come on to this site and post, unless they are just totally smack talking and never respectful. We have members on the Crowd that are, gasp, fans of even the Raiders, they will be on during raider week, and in the past they have been respectful, and are just fans that love there team, and the game. It is up to each and every one of us, as Chiefs, how we conduct ourselves in comments with other Fans of the NFL, that are not Chiefs! I believe that we have a code of hospitality and sportsmanship that welcomes all to our home, if they disrespect our home. Just report it to the mods, and they will make the decision to ban them.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 10-25-2010 at 12:04 AM.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,377
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 59

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    well atleast 1 day? or a KC questionair?? anything...lol...
    This is a good idea. But what about a new fan, would you deny them the chance to be a Chief Crowder, because they may not know the information?

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,936
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 422

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    It could also keep some possible quality members away if you had to wait that long. Trolls are normally kept in check by the mods.

    But like I have said before and countless others, the best way to get rid of a troll is to not feed it, don't talk to it, don't even acknowledge it. As long as we talk to them or mention them they're going to be in here causing trouble.

    Exactly!

    This would be, as always, Coaches call, but I would say just right off hand that it would be a little like "throwing the baby out with the bath water" - so to speak.


  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,936
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 422

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    This is an issue that has come up before, We went threw a period of major spam attack, with some adult viewing only spam. Coach addressed it, stop it, probably cost him some money to do it. The best defense, is being aware of a troll, and use the report post, then the mods can determine. We are Chiefs, I have no problem with other fans of teams come on to this site and post, unless they are just totally smack talking and never respectful. We have members on the Crowd that are, gasp, fans of even the Raiders, they will be on during raider week, and in the past they have been respectful, and are just fans that love there team, and the game. It is up to each and every one of us, as Chiefs, how we conduct ourselves in comments with other Fans of the NFL, that are not Chiefs! I believe that we have a code of hospitality and sportsmanship that welcomes all to our home, if they disrespect our home. Just report it to the mods, and they will make the decision to ban them.
    ...Absolutely could not have said it any better!


Similar Threads

  1. The best idea ever
    By Adumb in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 06:07 PM
  2. Hey, here is an idea!
    By hardcorechiefsfan in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 02:53 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-26-2007, 09:46 PM
  4. Good Chiefs site
    By jklem2 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 03:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •