Thread: Yahoo News : First person fan reaction: Bills finally show signs of life in overtime

Default Yahoo News : First person fan reaction: Bills finally show signs of life in overtime

Buffalonians who still hold out hope for the Bills franchise, out of nostalgia or stubborn loyalty, were lucky that the team was playing away from home on Sunday. If the Bills' last home game is any indication, the week seven match-up against the Ravens would have almost certainly been blacked out in Buffalo due to poor ticket sales had it taken place in Ralph Wilson Stadium. Instead, the Bills played in what looked like a full Baltimore stadium against a team which probably assumed the game would be a cake-walk.

More...

Hasn't been mentioned or discussed anywhere I've seen but the game was decided on a whistle that wasn't acknowledged. The Bills were piled up opposite the Ravens for a few seconds when Lewis ripped the ball from the Bills HB and covered it up.

Problem is, one of the zebras blew the play dead. One of the commentators even asked if a whistle had been blown. I heard it too. The other commentator quickly brushed the question aside... nicely too, I wish I had it recorded.

Whatever... who'd care it's only Buffalo, and the Ravens are a favorite NFL team of all. Now maybe I was hearing things but they sure ended the game quickly afterwards. It'll likely count somewhere down the line in Baltimore's favor.

Just thought I'd share my loony observation.