Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone in here know their Royals REALLY good? Grienke question

Default Anyone in here know their Royals REALLY good? Grienke question

What's it gonna take to get Grienke away from the Royals? What positions are the Royals looking to bolster and are they looking for immediate help or prospects? I would like to discuss a mock negotiation for Grienke using the Texas Rangers as the trade partner.

This is going to be helpful if A: the Rangers fail to re-sign Cliff Lee (unlikely. he's a Ranger forever, now) or B: the Rangers decide to really bend the Yankees over and take away both the top pitchers available this offseason. (GAWD, THIS WOULD BE AWESOME)

The new ownership group for the Rangers have said they plan on bringing the Rangers payroll up to the 90 or 100 million dollar range. It currently sits around 60 million. Adding Lee is gonna put them around 85 and after arbitration, it should sit somewhere in the high 90s. If the Rangers could pull off a Grienke trade (which, prospect wise, they have the capacity to do) it would put their payroll in the 105-115 range.

Just curious if there was anyone on here who knew enough about the Royals and their farm to discuss this further.

I can't believe nobody here knows anything about the Royals.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I can't believe nobody here knows anything about the Royals.
    The Royals? You mean they still have a team?

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    The Royals? You mean they still have a team?
    It's MLB's Farm Team.

What's it gonna take to get Grienke away from the Royals? What positions are the Royals looking to bolster and are they looking for immediate help or prospects? I would like to discuss a mock negotiation for Grienke using the Texas Rangers as the trade partner.

This is going to be helpful if A: the Rangers fail to re-sign Cliff Lee (unlikely. he's a Ranger forever, now) or B: the Rangers decide to really bend the Yankees over and take away both the top pitchers available this offseason. (GAWD, THIS WOULD BE AWESOME)

The new ownership group for the Rangers have said they plan on bringing the Rangers payroll up to the 90 or 100 million dollar range. It currently sits around 60 million. Adding Lee is gonna put them around 85 and after arbitration, it should sit somewhere in the high 90s. If the Rangers could pull off a Grienke trade (which, prospect wise, they have the capacity to do) it would put their payroll in the 105-115 range.

Just curious if there was anyone on here who knew enough about the Royals and their farm to discuss this further.
    Grienke still has 2 years on his current contract. No on in the Royals organization has spoken publicly, but I've read several reports citing "unnamed sources close to the team" (translated: half-assed speculation) that Grienke is on the market for the right deal. Knowing how the Royals front office negotiates, you might be able to pick him up for some shiny beads and an empty beer can

Quote Originally Posted by SalinaChiefsFan View Post
    Grienke still has 2 years on his current contract. No on in the Royals organization has spoken publicly, but I've read several reports citing "unnamed sources close to the team" (translated: half-assed speculation) that Grienke is on the market for the right deal. Knowing how the Royals front office negotiates, you might be able to pick him up for some shiny beads and an empty beer can
    done and done

Zach Grienke to the Cards for Rasmus.

Been seeing this one a lot in hot stove discussions on several message boards.

Just a dumb internet rumor, I know, but still...

If I were the Rangers, I'd build a package around Jurickson Profar (top 3 SS prospect in baseball) and add a couple major league ready pitchers like Tommy Hunter, Kasey Kiker and Danny Guitierrez.

If this trade goes down, you'll hear the names of Derrick Holland, Martin Perez, Profar, Tanner Scheppers, and Wilmer Font and maybe even Engel Beltre being mentioned as targets.

IMO, for the Rangers to have long-term success, they can't allow Holland, Perez, Scheppers or Beltre to leave... BUT those are the names the Royals are going to want. I just don't think 2 years of Grienke are worth those names.

Jurrickson Profar is a top SS prospect in all of baseball. However, the Rangers have the 21yo Elvis Andrus entrenched at the SS position for the next 12 years. The only future Profar has on this Rangers team is if he switches to 2B and Kinsler goes to the OF/DH.

If I were the Rangers, I'd build a package around Jurickson Profar (top 3 SS prospect in baseball) and add a couple major league ready pitchers like Tommy Hunter, Kasey Kiker and Danny Guitierrez.

If this trade goes down, you'll hear the names of Derrick Holland, Martin Perez, Profar, Tanner Scheppers, and Wilmer Font and maybe even Engel Beltre being mentioned as targets.

IMO, for the Rangers to have long-term success, they can't allow Holland, Perez, Scheppers or Beltre to leave... BUT those are the names the Royals are going to want. I just don't think 2 years of Grienke are worth those names.

Jurrickson Profar is a top SS prospect in all of baseball. However, the Rangers have the 21yo Elvis Andrus entrenched at the SS position for the next 12 years. The only future Profar has on this Rangers team is if he switches to 2B and Kinsler goes to the OF/DH.
    Meh. The Royals have dafted in the top 5 for about 900 years straight now. We have plenty of prospects of our own. Grienke is the first in awhile to get anyone's attention. If I were the Royals, I would build this team around Grienke. Lock him up for 5-6 years. Screw everyone else, especially the Yankees because they will come sniffing around sooner or later.

BUT, it will never happen. Ownership has the money to build a team, but does not care.

So Grienke will go away. Of course he will. As long as it isn't the @#%$^&$&(&#&($(&$(&$ Yankees.

Well, we could always build a package around major league ready players like Chris Davis, Julio Borbon/David Murphy, Michael Kirkman, Tommy Hunter, etc...

I'm from Toronto and I heard rumors yesterday that the Jays have been talking to the Royals about Greinke. We certainly have th prospects and money, but I'm not sure he would want to play here.
    I wouldn't complain if he did.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast