Thread: Strange Roster Moves.

Default Strange Roster Moves.

I really can't figure out what these guys are doing?

Chiefs sign ex-Kansas State star Simoneau

The Chiefs today signed linebacker Mark Simoneau, a nine-year NFL veteran and former Kansas State star.
    Simoneau, who has appeared in 123 games with three teams, including a Super Bowl with the Philadelphia Eagles, has been out of football since 2007 after suffering a back injury during the preseason with New Orleans.
    Simoneau, of Phillipsburg, Kan., originally entered the NFL as a third-round draft pick by Atlanta in 2000, and played three seasons each with the Falcons, Eagles and Saints.
    Simoneau, 33, finished his career at Kansas State ranked third in school history with 400 tackles and 48 tackles for loss.
    To make room for Simoneau on the active roster, the Chiefs released defensive lineman Atiyyah Ellison. Ellison, who began the season with Jacksonville, signed with the Chiefs last week but was inactive last week against the Jaguars.
    The Chiefs also added wide receiver Jeremy Horne to the practice squad. He appeared in three games with the Chiefs but was waived last week when Verran Tucker was signed.

Read more: Chiefs sign ex-Kansas State star Simoneau - KansasCity.com

Simoneau is to come in and help on special teams. I guess we didn't need to keep Ellison since Ron Edwards is playing very well at the NT position.

What do you think is strange about it?

Resident Celebrity

Cut Horne, sign Ellison, sign Simoneau, cut Ellison, sign Horne.

Seems mostly unneccesary.

Quote Originally Posted by melted ice View Post
    Cut Horne, sign Ellison, sign Simoneau, cut Ellison, sign Horne.

Seems mostly unneccesary.
    Maybe it is unnesccesary but I do like that even being in first place they are still trying to go out and find guys that will help make this an even better team. I am glad they brought Horne back he showed some promise.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Maybe it is unnesccesary but I do like that even being in first place they are still trying to go out and find guys that will help make this an even better team. I am glad they brought Horne back he showed some promise.
    Me too. I like him at gunner, I wish we could have seen him in some offensive sets.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    Me too. I like him at gunner, I wish we could have seen him in some offensive sets.
    He was was the only one diffrent on ST last week and that was the 1st bad week ST has had. Of course I'm wondering if Succup has an injury, his kick offs were really short.

I think that this kind of thing goes on throughout the course of a season.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    He was was the only one diffrent on ST last week and that was the 1st bad week ST has had. Of course I'm wondering if Succup has an injury, his kick offs were really short.
    I've been wondering the same thing, for the same reasons. As well, he's missed a couple FG's that aren't typical for him. I also wondered if that's why we went for it when within FG range last Sunday against the Jags...the score was 21-20...surprised me we didn't take the points.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

We signed Ellis for one game. The game against the team he was on before.

The team we played for the week we had him signed.

Was he just here for a little insight about our opponent for the week?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    We signed Ellis for one game. The game against the team he was on before.

The team we played for the week we had him signed.

Was he just here for a little insight about our opponent for the week?
    They say that's against the rules, but I wouldn't doubt if that was the reason we signed him.

Resident Celebrity