Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mid-Season Mock Draft

Default Mid-Season Mock Draft

Something to think about and pay attention to as we head into the 2nd half of the season.

1-#25- Derrick Sherrod OT Miss. St.
    The Chiefs really need more help on their O-line. If you look ONLY at stats, you'd think the Chiefs were ok on the line. But the eyeball test tells you that the Chiefs desperately need help on the right side. If Sherrod (or ANY other OT prospect) is capable of moving to the right side, I think the Chiefs should jump on it.

2-#56- Jerrell Powe NT Ole Miss
    The Chiefs STILL need a long-term answer at the NT position. I'd love to see them pick up a NT after ignoring the position for 2 offseasons already.

3-#88- Justin Houston OLB/DE Georgia
    The Chiefs need a good pass rush opposite Hali and their OLB position isn't all that deep. Vrabel is probably done after this year and while Studebaker shows promise, I think getting Houston in the 3rd would be a coup the Chiefs shouldn't pass up.

4-#120-Leonard Hankerson WR Miami
    I think it's time to cut bait with Chambers. Getting a solid #2 opposite Bowe is a big priority this next offseason. Hankerson is big, tall, and fast with some of the best hands in the class. At 6-3/210, he'll be another big target for Cassell along with Bowe and Moeaki.

I agree with most except we need a #1 reciever.. I dont think Bowe is a solid #1 reciever.

Good list. Another consideration for OT is LSU's Joseph Barksdale. He can play Left or Right Tackle and is a stellar pass-blocker.

And speaking of the current Left Tackle for the Chiefs, in the Jags game their DE Aaron Kampman did give Albert some problems on passing plays.

WR's are a dime a dozen in free agency. If this team is going to make a living running the ball, they need more depth on the OL. Waters is getting old by nfl OL standards. They could also use a OLB, CB, and NT. Draft bpa of those positions imo.

I don't follow college ball so I can't single out players, but I'd think we go
    1- OLB
    2- WR
    3- NT

we also will need a new center sooner or later, Casey is old

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    I don't follow college ball so I can't single out players, but I'd think we go
    1- OLB
    2- WR
    3- NT

we also will need a new center sooner or later, Casey is old
    I thought we needed a OLB during this last draft. Our 1st and 2nd round picks should be for defensive players this year.

Resident Celebrity

I like o-line. But I doubt anyone wants to hear a case against Branden Albert right now.

While I may still be looking at LOT prospects, I would be looking for overall depth and replacements for some of the older players we have inside.

I would be looking to draft a LOT to battle with Albert, leaving the loser to fill another o-line position. Be that ROT or one of the OG spots.

Hopefully, Asamoah is going to be the guy to fill one of the OG spots.

As far as other starting positions, I would lean towards ....

Well, things look pretty good right now.

Maybe a successor for Vrabel, or Chambers?

Only thing I disagree with is draft position. I think we'll probably draft #32.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned our need for a center yet. Casey Wiegman is great, but he isn't exactly a spring chicken. We need to find his successor next year.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned our need for a center yet. Casey Wiegman is great, but he isn't exactly a spring chicken. We need to find his successor next year.
    I kinda lumped that in with the OG positions, as inside o-line.

No doubt, we need to know if Niswanger is it, or if we need a new man there. Weigman can only play for so long.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast