Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for Chiefs fans

Hybrid View

Default Question for Chiefs fans

What Sup Guys and Gals! I'm not a Chiefs fan (Eagles) but I've always admired your fan base from afar and with your newfound success, I'm just wondering, what is the atmosphere like at Arrowhead and in Kansas City now a days?

Is it still somewhat dead, like its been the past 2 or 3 years, or is Chiefs nation alive and well again?

Arrowhead is load and proud again. The more we win, the harder tickets are to get. Things are good in KC again.

Quote Originally Posted by Stac View Post
    What Sup Guys and Gals! I'm not a Chiefs fan (Eagles) but I've always admired your fan base from afar and with your newfound success, I'm just wondering, what is the atmosphere like at Arrowhead and in Kansas City now a days?

Is it still somewhat dead, like its been the past 2 or 3 years, or is Chiefs nation alive and well again?
    I was at 2 games last year and I can tell you the crowd didn't act as enthused as years past, in fact it was the first time I had heard fans of the Chiefs ever boo the Chiefs.

This year, Monday Night Football changed it all. The passion was back, the intensity, the true 12th man advantage. I had never seen a stadium come so alive as I did that night. I haven't been back to a game yet this season but I will be later next month. I can tell you from watching the games on TV that the stadium is back to where it was. The passion is there, The Red Sea is flowing again. New body. Same Soul.

Thanks for stopping by the Chiefs Crowd. We welcome fans from all teams so feel free to jump in any conversation.
    Last edited by stricken721; 10-28-2010 at 02:01 PM.

Resident Celebrity

I'm not as enthusiastic as Stricken is about the team. I mean we're playing really, really good football and I'm fired up but it's still not back to the days of old where the streets would be empty on Sundays and people would plan around the game.

People are starting to talk more about the Chiefs and if they think they're going to win more so than we know they're going to win but what party will you be at while you're watching.

Stricken is definitely right about tickets though. It's getting harder and harder to get a ticket and the more we win the more the scalpers are getting greedy. Which sucks because if I turn on the tv and see even a few seats that are empty due to scalpers trying to make insane amounts of money I'm gonna blow a gasket. Right now ticket prices are running double face value. Not quite that for the Bills game but dang close!

I say when we get to the end of the season and we lock up a playoff spot that it'll go from being a sea of red at Arrowhead to all of KC and to me that's when the Chiefs are back. Welcome to the crowd!

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I'm not as enthusiastic as Stricken is about the team. I mean we're playing really, really good football and I'm fired up but it's still not back to the days of old where the streets would be empty on Sundays and people would plan around the game.

People are starting to talk more about the Chiefs and if they think they're going to win more so than we know they're going to win but what party will you be at while you're watching.

Stricken is definitely right about tickets though. It's getting harder and harder to get a ticket and the more we win the more the scalpers are getting greedy. Which sucks because if I turn on the tv and see even a few seats that are empty due to scalpers trying to make insane amounts of money I'm gonna blow a gasket. Right now ticket prices are running double face value. Not quite that for the Bills game but dang close!

I say when we get to the end of the season and we lock up a playoff spot that it'll go from being a sea of red at Arrowhead to all of KC and to me that's when the Chiefs are back. Welcome to the crowd!

I can only say how the inside of the stadium is on game day. I live in Texas so it's kinda hard for me to say how the entire city reacts when the Chiefs are playing. I just know Arrowhead feels like it did back when I went to my first game in 06. Either way.. Go Chiefs!

Resident Celebrity

I have been lucky enough to be at all the home games this year so far.

The MNF game felt like the old Arrowhead to me, it was loud and we stood the entire game.

The niners game was a bit of a let down for me with a large number of empty seats, mostly upper level but still more than I was expecting to see.

The jags game was plenty loud again, on the first defensive series that familiar roar came crashing down onto the field that gives us Chiefs fans the goosebumps.

The gold level seats the rich people sit in are mostly empty yet. I agree with the scalpers beginning to get more than there fair share for our tickets. I did secure season tix for next year due to that fact. We went to the indy game and had to buy our tickets via a scalper and they were right at 2x face value, a scenario that is making its way to Arrowhead.

Give me a few minutes, I'll be back...with a video I want to share with you, and it will answer your question visually...I do believe.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I can't insert the actual video with it not being a utube video link, the video is an NFL production, so you'll have to go to the Chiefs official Facebook link to view it...but it's worth it, and will answer all your queries about Arrowhead...'The loudest stadium in the NFL!!' The link will say Incompatible Browser - Facebook...but clicking on it will take you to the Facebook video page. :)

Incompatible Browser | Facebook
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 10-28-2010 at 05:45 PM.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

The games maybe sell outs but on TV I've noticed scattered empty seats especially along the yellow middle section. But it does appear that the fan base is becoming more and more energized.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    The games maybe sell outs but on TV I've noticed scattered empty seats especially along the yellow middle section. But it does appear that the fan base is becoming more and more energized.
    I've been blessed to attend all the home games this season, and I'm still very disappointed in many fans I sit near in upper level where my friend Kelly bought the Season Tickets. Way too many are sitting there like zombies, and I just for the life of me can't comprehend why? Even when there is a TD or great play I see fans not react at all!!!!!!

I have great inner self discipline ability, which is a good thing, because I want to smack some upside the head (gently) and tell them to make some noise & cheer when our Chiefs need & earn such!! I really get so frustrated with them. :(

As far as the club level...I don't understand that either. I was told those seats are held by wealthy individuals or corporations...well, why aren't they using them? Heck, there has to be many options for them to fill those seats, at least donate their tickets if not using them. I expect to see some changes related to filling the Club Level next year...cause it looks bad on TV and at the stadium too! I know for a fact the Chiefs front offices don't want those seats empty for the camera's.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast