Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for Chiefs fans

Default Question for Chiefs fans

What Sup Guys and Gals! I'm not a Chiefs fan (Eagles) but I've always admired your fan base from afar and with your newfound success, I'm just wondering, what is the atmosphere like at Arrowhead and in Kansas City now a days?

Is it still somewhat dead, like its been the past 2 or 3 years, or is Chiefs nation alive and well again?

I've never been to a louder more energized public event than the Monday night football game this year. I'll never forget it! I confess that I especially liked seeing Rivers frustrated because no one could hear him.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalT View Post
    I've never been to a louder more energized public event than the Monday night football game this year. I'll never forget it! I confess that I especially liked seeing Rivers frustrated because no one could hear him.
    It's always nice to see Rivers frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by C Louie View Post
    It's always nice to see Rivers frustrated.

That be a fact!

I'd Imagine so. Phillip Rivers is one of the most arrogant and annoying QBs in the league imo (Only Behind Cutler)

I appreciate how you guys didn't trash me for being an Eagles fan. That is rare, whenever I go onto message boards, especially for the Redskins and Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Stac View Post
    I'd Imagine so. Phillip Rivers is one of the most arrogant and annoying QBs in the league imo (Only Behind Cutler)

I appreciate how you guys didn't trash me for being an Eagles fan. That is rare, whenever I go onto message boards, especially for the Redskins and Giants

You were respectful to us, so of course we will return the favor. Some fans just go right ahead and start trashing fans of other teams without ever really talking to the person, most of us here try to keep it as cool as can be.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Exactly! I can't imagine "Chiefs fans" not cheering when they have been given so much to cheer about especially at home. I mean, do they really need someone to tell them to get up and cheer? Maybe it's because they think that it won't do any good trying to cheer from the upper level; I don't know. If it were me I'd be cheering rather I thought it is doing any good or not.
    Same here! As a fan there is only so much we can do to help our team win...12th man! I see it somewhat like voting...if you don't vote you don't have a right to ***** about the politicians. Well, if you're at Arrowhead not helping your team as a 12th man, then you don't have a right to complain when the Chiefs fail, because you failed to do your part too! It's double standards, hypocrisy in my mind. UGH!! So frustrating. :(

Quote Originally Posted by reded View Post
    It's not me that's sitting down. I'm the one waving the Chiefs towel and screaming my fool head off till I can't talk the next day!
    Good Times have returned to Arrowhead!!

I'm the crazy ol squaw in 330 up & jumping all around, banging on seats & yelling! There are Chiefs fans nearby who sometimes give me irritated or disgusted looks, sometimes they laugh at me too. It's as if they're dumbfounded at times and don't understand what I'm trying to accomplish!

I think some think I'm drunk, and I'm never drunk...been buzzed a time or two, but never drunk. I'm never obnoxious or rude to anyone, ever, still...I worry sometimes I'll be reported as a fan disturbing the peace simply for making noise trying to help my team! I've seen it happen to other Chiefs fans and they weren't doing anything I don't do!!

It takes all I have not to say to some..."why are you here, why not just stay at home staring lifeless at the TV with the volume turned down, sitting in your lazy boy?!!"

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Yes I often just go scalp tickets and i sat in section 302 for the 49ers game and got yeld at for standing up during touchdown celebrations, there were 4 that day but still....
    Yep!! I've never been yelled at, but sure have been given some disgusted looks!

I'm always hoarse with sore hands after each game, but MNF I beat on the seats so hard I broke blood vessels in my hands! It could've been because it was the first game of the regular season & my hands weren't toughened up yet, haha.

Without my realizing it...my cherished LE Fossil KC Chiefs watch I've had for 20 years, went flying off my wrist at some point cheering at MNF! Canada & I had a show & tell of our Chiefs watches Saturday while riding with me after I picked he & Dan up at KCI. Near the end of the game, he happened to notice my watch on the concrete two rows in front of me, one row in front of him. Thankfully he knew it was mine, retrieved it!

The crystal is scratched some, & I thought about replacing it, but at the 49er's game a couple weeks later...Tammie commented the scratches were "battle scars" from MNF, LOL. Well, she's right...those scratches represent priceless memories, so that crystal shall never be replaced!! It will make a nice visual when telling the story to my grandkids, and hopefully great grandkids someday!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Same here! As a fan there is only so much we can do to help our team win...12th man! I see it somewhat like voting...if you don't vote you don't have a right to ***** about the politicians. Well, if you're at Arrowhead not helping your team as a 12th man, then you don't have a right to complain when the Chiefs fail, because you failed to do your part too! It's double standards, hypocrisy in my mind. UGH!! So frustrating. :(
    I agree that at home games the 12th man is a very crucial part of the game as well as the whole stadium experience. However, we also must possess the talent and fortitude to win on the road where the 12th man is working against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Stac View Post

Well, as a team that gets two attempts a year to beat The Cowboys, I have a bit of a soft spot for The Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, as a team that gets two attempts a year to beat The Cowboys, I have a bit of a soft spot for The Eagles.
    ...This and a bag of "Bugles"!

Well,the Chiefs are back on the right track and have a home game against a hated division rival this week. The Red Sea should come alive this week.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast