Thread: How Things Have Changed

Default How Things Have Changed

KC Chiefs Have Certainly Turned The Tables In The NFL

by Joel Thorman on Nov 29, 2010 8:04 AM CST in 2010 Kansas City Chiefs Season More photos » Otto Greule Jr - Getty Images

Browse more photos »

It's now been a few years since I've been blogging which means I've read plenty of post-game stories and I can usually guess how the Kansas City Chiefs will be perceived. Last year the Chiefs were painted as a team that couldn't do much right. They were consistently over-matched and they were usually caught on the outside looking in when it came to being a real football team.
    Now the tables have turned. Art Thiel of Seattle PI has a line in his post-game story that would indicate the tables have now turned in the NFL.
    When you're the Seahawks, you count on haymakers and serendipity. When you're the Chiefs, you count on 270 yards rushing. Especially when the opponent rushes for 20 yards.
    The jaw-dropping discrepancy in the game's most fundamental element illustrated the difference between a real NFL division leader and a pretender.
    The Chiefs were used as an example of a "real division leader" to put down their opponent. The same story says the Chiefs are one of the few teams in the NFL that can announce their play call ahead of time and still go out and run it to perfection.
    I know we're past the 'Hey look, the Chiefs aren't the joke of the NFL anymore!' but this particular line stood out to me. It takes a while to change perceptions -- just ask the Texans -- and I'm continually impressed with how quickly KC has been able to do that.

8 comments | Add comment | 1 r

I'm not ready for us to get all full of our selves just yet. But I did think it was funny how far some people think we've come from last year. And we have made great strides, I'm just not ready to say we can tell people what we are going to run and then go do it.

Things have changed and I love to see it. This team is looking like a chiefs football team again. We are building a toatal team. The offense is looking better and we have a D that is able to stop people. I hope is team just keeps getting better. Things are looking up.

The offense is playing well right now. We need the defense to keep making strides and to get healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    I'm not ready for us to get all full of our selves just yet. But I did think it was funny how far some people think we've come from last year. And we have made great strides, I'm just not ready to say we can tell people what we are going to run and then go do it.
    Isnt that what we are doing now? Everyone knows we are gonna run the ball and they still cant stop us. I do like that we have a passing game not too though. Its going to be even harder to stop Jones and (a fresh) Charles!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Our team is finally looking like the team we have hoped for! Offense looks very good, D has a ton of talent, just need to stay healthy! To be an elite team, we need to beat the elite teams! We need to win out the rest of our games including SD to be considered a playoff threat! That said, we have made huge strides and are without a doubt moving in the right direction! Go Chiefs!! Kill the Donkeys!!!!!!!!