Thread: Chiefs-Jaguars Photo's 10-24-10

Default Chiefs-Jaguars Photo's 10-24-10

These are various photo's from the Chiefs-Jaguars game last Sunday.

This one was taken by Chiefs Crowd member Ryfo18 aka Ryan. I borrowed it from him, cause I love it! :)

These were taken by a Chiefs staff photographer, posted on Facebook.

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel (7) celebrates a 6-yard touchdown pass to Dwayne Bowe in the fourth quarter of an NFL football game against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Sunday, Oct. 24, 2010, in Kansas City, Mo. The Chiefs won 42-20. (AP Photo/Ed Zurga)

Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe catches a pass in the end zone for a touchdown during the fourth quarter of an NFL football game against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Sunday, Oct. 24, 2010, in Kansas City, Mo. The Chiefs won the game 42-20. (AP Photo/Charlie Riedel)

Kansas City Chiefs safety James Berry (29) celebrates an interception with cornerback Brandon Flowers (24) during the second half of an NFL football game against the Jacksonville Jaguars at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Mo., Sunday, Oct. 24, 2010. The Chiefs defeated the Jaguars 42-20. (AP Photo/Ed Zurga)

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel (7) celebrates a touchdown with wide receiver Dwayne Bowe (82) during the second half of an NFL football game at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Mo., Sunday, Oct. 24, 2010. The Chiefs defeated the Jaguars 42-20. (AP Photo/Ed Zurga)

Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe (82) runs away from Daryl Smith (52) for a touchdown during the second half of an NFL football game at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Mo., Sunday, Oct. 24, 2010. The pass play cover 53-yards. The Chiefs defeated the Jaguars 42-20. (AP Photo/Ed Zurga)

Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Derrick Johnson returns an interception for a 15-yard touchdown in the third quarter of an NFL football game against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Sunday, Oct. 24, 2010, in Kansas City, Mo. The Chiefs won 42-20. (AP Photo/Ed Zurga)

I saved these from Facebook also, but no commentary was with them, likely taken by the same photographer noted in the above pics. :)

The pink & red is so pretty, like Valentines Day, haha. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I love the picture of the Cheerleaders.

Warpaint looks good too.

Resident Celebrity

Outstanding pics Connie; thanks for posting them!

These were taken with my camera. I attended the game with a long time dear friend I've not seen in 15 years, Jeff!! I met Jeff when he was only 13, a neighbor boy who was fascinated by the restoration work I was doing on my former historic Victorian Home. I hired him to help do odd jobs after school, & he became family over the years. After graduating from high school & Benedictine College, he moved to Kansas City & we lost touch. He found me on Facebook a while back, sent me a friends request. I posted on FB I had an extra ticket to last Sunday's game, since my friend Kelly isn't always able to make home games with his living in Wisconsin. Kelly gave me his season tickets, told me to take a family member or friend when he can't make it. Jeff was the first to respond, and it was awesome reuniting, as if no time had passed at all...other than we're both older now, haha...he's 38 I'm 54!!! We had a lot of fun, & it was Jeff's first time seeing the New Arrowhead completed. :)

Before the game we were able to meet Warpaint and rider, Susie! I enjoyed patting Warpaints beautiful forehead! I love Warpaint & am so glad the Chiefs restored the Warpaint TD celebration run on the field last year!!

Warpaints cheerleader rider Susie signing autograped stock photos of her & Warpaint...of which she signed one for me and one for our Aussie also!! :)

Opening game ceremony:

I think this is a photo I took of the Chiefs final play of the game.

This was a referree fan near us, he was pretty fun...signaling throughout the game!

This one Jeff took & is a bit blurry...the red-man dude caught me off guard after the game while walking the tunnel to exit Arrowhead. He darn near bent my neck, hahaha:

I was ready for this photo, lol...they look fake, but they're live dudes in those outfits!! LOL

A bit of bright sunshine...I always manage by chance to find the best dressed Chiefs character fans at Arrowhead, hahaha:

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Now I know you fella's will disagree, understandably, hahaha...but I prefer the original Warpaint Chief riding, rather than the cheerleader Susie. She's cool & all, but I love the nostalgic & original Chief rider best. This is a vintage photo I found once online:

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Now I know you fella's will disagree, understandably, hahaha...but I prefer the original Warpaint Chief riding, rather than the cheerleader Susie. She's cool & all, but I love the nostalgic & original Chief rider best. This is a vintage photo I found once online:

I like the idea of having a Chief riding Warpaint. But unfortunately we have entered a time where you have to be politically correct.
    Last edited by stricken721; 10-29-2010 at 01:18 AM.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    I love the picture of the Cheerleaders.

Warpaint looks good too.
    Yep!! My dream horse is a Paint or Pinto, since I was a little girl I've wanted one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Outstanding pics Connie; thanks for posting them!
    You're more than welcome! I enjoy sharing! Pictures capture so much, worth more than a thousand words...some are priceless!!

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    I like the idea of having a Chief riding Warpaint. But unfortunately we have entered a time where you have to be politically correct instead of historically accurate.
    Heck, although I'm only 1/4 American Native...don't bother me none, LOL. In fact, I don't understand why it would bother any full-blooded Indian either! I've talked to several over the years asking their opinion, they all laughed & it didn't bother them either. This was when the Chiefs franchise & NFL were telling fans it was inappropriate to do the Tomahawk Chop, & were trying to stop it...which they failed miserably to do!

The way I see it is...a sports team usually names their team in honor of courage, strength, leadership, a symbolic animal or character that represents winning spirit & pride. American Natives should be proud to have sports teams named after them, & I think most are...it's the radical politican/llobbyists who start the unnecessary bullcrapola extreme political correctness. :(

Thanks CJ. Great Pics!