Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only a dream...Chiefs Crowd New Years Weekend Game Gathering!

Default Only a dream...Chiefs Crowd New Years Weekend Game Gathering!

Serious biz...I had a dream the other night that Chiefs Crowd members planned a New Years Weekend celebration gathering in conjunction with the Chiefs - Raiders game January 2nd. So I'm now thinking...are any of you interested in such a New Years Weekend Party & Sunday game day gathering in Kansas City?

Below is a rambling of my dream, what occurred, & why I think I had the dream in the first place, lol.

There were at least 300 Chiefs Crowd members and their families in attendance! We all stayed at a hotel and celebrated New Years Eve in the hotels ballroom, lol. People dressed in Chiefs theme attire, mostly the typical stuff, but there were some who were in fancy smancy glittery & sparkly New Years Chiefs theme attire, hahaha. Pretty cool actually!!

There was a live band even! The band played some songs related to the Chiefs...'Black Betty'...'We Will Rock You'...Kid Rock's Bawitdaba too! Oh what my imagination can come up with at times...I even dream in deep detail, lol.

I think my dream was triggered by my being the group hotel coordinater for the Kid Rock 2011 Cruise, New Orleans to Cozumel. I had been on the phone with the hotel a few times the day of my dream later that night, haha. My original group contract negotiations with a Hampton Inn in New Orleans began as a 40 room block. I've had to expand the block 25 rooms per necessary since I signed the contract with the hotel this past June. We're now a 125 room block! Averaging 3 to a room, the Hampton Inn will be bombarded with close to 400 Kid Rock fans & cruisers this coming April!! That is a Kid Rock record for any organized group hotel effort in the last decade, related to a Kid Rock concert/event.

In conclusion, I'm fairly sure my dream of 300 + Chiefs Crowd members partying in a ballroom at a hotel was a spin off of the above. Also, a friend had called earlier that same day I was confirming numbers with our Kid Rock hotel effort, and mentioned being in Kansas City the weekend of the Raiders game, it being New Years Weekend, possibly celebrating in KC..

Pretty awesome dream...huh?

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Awesome dream!

I am happy to say that I will be there for the game. Can't wait to see the Chiefs take on the Raiders!

Resident Celebrity

Do you know yet Clint when you'll be arriving in Kansas City for the January 2nd Raiders game? Heck, if there was any way you were in town Friday night, New Years Eve...we could ring in the New Year somewhere. I know you don't drink, and I don't over drink, nor drink & drive...but that doesn't mean we can't have fun celebrating New Years if not drinking. I can have fun either way, with or without drinking.

Kelly will want to be at that game too, he's already mentioned it...but it will depend upon his work schedule I imagine. He has a passion for the season opener and divisional games, the more notable games. Still, he's never definite with plans until the week of, so I never know until the last minute.

What I do know for sure is, I don't want to spend Friday New Years Eve sitting at home!!! I felt really awkward attending local friends New Years Eve party last year. It was all couples, I was the only single person there, felt like a sore thumb totally out of place, even among long time friends. :(

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Do you know yet Clint when you'll be arriving in Kansas City for the January 2nd Raiders game? Heck, if there was any way you were in town Friday night, New Years Eve...we could ring in the New Year somewhere. I know you don't drink, and I don't over drink, nor drink & drive...but that doesn't mean we can't have fun celebrating New Years if not drinking. I can have fun either way, with or without drinking.

Kelly will want to be at that game too, he's already mentioned it...but it will depend upon his work schedule I imagine. He has a passion for the season opener and divisional games, the more notable games. Still, he's never definite with plans until the week of, so I never know until the last minute.

What I do know for sure is, I don't want to spend Friday New Years Eve sitting at home!!! I felt really awkward attending local friends New Years Eve party last year. It was all couples, I was the only single person there, felt like a sore thumb totally out of place, even among long time friends. :(
    I'll probably be in town the 30th or 31st. I would love to get together for New Years Eve. Sounds like it would be a fun evening!

Resident Celebrity

Heck, if I'm moved to Kansas City by then, I'd host a small New Years Eve party at my place, wherever that might be, haha. The couple who made an offer on the house a few weeks ago backed out. They couldn't obtain financing. :(

I do have another potential buyer who looked at the house a 2nd time last week, and the realtor feels confident he'll make an offer soon. I've been let down too many times before, so know not to get my hopes up...it will happen in God's time, not mine...& I trust God's plan. :)

Heck, if I'm moved to Kansas City by then, I'd host a small New Years Eve party at my place, wherever that might be, haha. The couple who made an offer on the house a few weeks ago backed out. They couldn't obtain financing. :(

I do have another potential buyer who looked at the house a 2nd time last week, and the realtor feels confident he'll make an offer soon. I've been let down too many times before, so know not to get my hopes up...it will happen in God's time, not mine...& I trust God's plan. :)
    I'm praying for you that it sells soon. It's gonna be lonely living that far out away from people.

I think I can understand why you would like to move to Kansas City too. Maybe the Chiefs play a small part?

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    I'll probably be in town the 30th or 31st. I would love to get together for New Years Eve. Sounds like it would be a fun evening!
    AWESOME!! As long as you & your friends don't mind celebrating with this old squaw...I'd love to make plans celebrating somewhere! Heck, if I'm not moved to KC by then, I will drive in & stay at a hotel, like we all did for the MNF game. We could celebrate at the hotel if not wanting to drive anywhere.

AWESOME!! As long as you & your friends don't mind celebrating with this old squaw...I'd love to make plans celebrating somewhere! Heck, if I'm not moved to KC by then, I will drive in & stay at a hotel, like we all did for the MNF game. We could celebrate at the hotel if not wanting to drive anywhere.
    We don't mind at all I'll let you know closer to time when we plan to be there.

Btw, the friend you saw in that picture with all the girls is one of my friends coming with me to Arrowhead in a couple of weeks.

Resident Celebrity

Serious biz...I had a dream the other night that Chiefs Crowd members planned a New Years Weekend celebration gathering in conjunction with the Chiefs - Raiders game January 2nd. So I'm now thinking...are any of you interested in such a New Years Weekend Party & Sunday game day gathering in Kansas City?

Below is a rambling of my dream, what occurred, & why I think I had the dream in the first place, lol.

There were at least 300 Chiefs Crowd members and their families in attendance! We all stayed at a hotel and celebrated New Years Eve in the hotels ballroom, lol. People dressed in Chiefs theme attire, mostly the typical stuff, but there were some who were in fancy smancy glittery & sparkly New Years Chiefs theme attire, hahaha. Pretty cool actually!!

There was a live band even! The band played some songs related to the Chiefs...'Black Betty'...'We Will Rock You'...Kid Rock's Bawitdaba too! Oh what my imagination can come up with at times...I even dream in deep detail, lol.

I think my dream was triggered by my being the group hotel coordinater for the Kid Rock 2011 Cruise, New Orleans to Cozumel. I had been on the phone with the hotel a few times the day of my dream later that night, haha. My original group contract negotiations with a Hampton Inn in New Orleans began as a 40 room block. I've had to expand the block 25 rooms per necessary since I signed the contract with the hotel this past June. We're now a 125 room block! Averaging 3 to a room, the Hampton Inn will be bombarded with close to 400 Kid Rock fans & cruisers this coming April!! That is a Kid Rock record for any organized group hotel effort in the last decade, related to a Kid Rock concert/event.

In conclusion, I'm fairly sure my dream of 300 + Chiefs Crowd members partying in a ballroom at a hotel was a spin off of the above. Also, a friend had called earlier that same day I was confirming numbers with our Kid Rock hotel effort, and mentioned being in Kansas City the weekend of the Raiders game, it being New Years Weekend, possibly celebrating in KC..

Pretty awesome dream...huh?
    Sounds exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    I'm praying for you that it sells soon. It's gonna be lonely living that far out away from people.

I think I can understand why you would like to move to Kansas City too. Maybe the Chiefs play a small part?
    Exactly!! I have a rather interesting story to tell really, as to how the Chiefs, a dear friend, Chiefs Crowd, additional friendships through Chiefs Crowd, and my moving to Kansas City are all spiritually connected. You see...

God is amazing how he protects us, and always knows what we will need emotionally to survive lifes losses, heartbreak, & struggle's. God blessed me with a passion for the Chiefs, a special dear friend, Chiefs Crowd, and many more dear friendships born as a result of my participation at Chiefs Crowd. All of which coincidently (I think not)....came to be connected contributing greatly to my emotional well being, retaining inner strength to survive my most emotionally difficult & heartbreaking time in life.

I have to get to sleep now though, as I'm meeting a friend in Kansas City at 8:45 AM to attend tomorrows game at Arrowhead. I will post tomorrow night after I'm back home...a story I believe to be of an incredible blessing, if not small miracle for this 'Chiefs fan & Chiefs Crowd member'. Might even give ya goose bumps, but not the spooky Halloween kind in this case, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast